Swagbucks Disney gift card question

ktrask

Mouseketeer
Just thinking outloud...and knew you all would probably have the answer :)

If I buy a Disney gift cards via Target (yay red card), and use the swagbucks link...will I also earn swagbucks for the purchase?

If I buy a Disney gift cards via Target (yay red card), and use the swagbucks link...will I also earn swagbucks for the purchase?

RMN is currently 3% for online purchases at Target. Doesn’t hurt to try that portal.

Gift cards are usually excluded from cash back portals.

Officially, yes. But this thread is testament to the exceptions to that. I went through RMN to buy a Happy Lady card from Staples, and have $20 pending. Then I linked that card to ebates, and have $2 pending from buying a Disney Gift card with the Happy Lady card at Bed Bath and Beyond. This despite gift card sales being excluded at RMN and ebates, and gift card to gift card purchases excluded at BBB. Others did the same thing at Home Depot and Shop Disney.

Officially, yes. But this thread is testament to the exceptions to that. I went through RMN to buy a Happy Lady card from Staples, and have $20 pending. Then I linked that card to ebates, and have $2 pending from buying a Disney Gift card with the Happy Lady card at Bed Bath and Beyond. This despite gift card sales being excluded at RMN and ebates, and gift card to gift card purchases excluded at BBB. Others did the same thing at Home Depot and Shop Disney.

It is true that exception do exist and things can get by, but it is generally good not to rely too heavily on the possible cash back. Things change and loopholes get closed.

It is true that exception do exist and things can get by, but it is generally good not to rely too heavily on the possible cash back. Things change and loopholes get closed.

Most of this thread is about finding the next loophole, and warning others of the closed ones. Regular posters are keenly aware of the shifting nature of deals. It’s all about the risk/reward ratio.

Most of this thread is about finding the next loophole, and warning others of the closed ones. Regular posters are keenly aware of the shifting nature of deals. It’s all about the risk/reward ratio.

This is a new thread and the OP might not be aware of that. I have been here and playing this game for a while though, so no need to tell me.

This is a new thread and the OP might not be aware of that. I have been here and playing this game for a while though, so no need to tell me.
yep....not aware of how it all works. It's been about 6ish years since we've been to Disney...and SOOOOO much has changed. Just trying to learn.

I will say...as a "new" poster (because it's been so long) it is hard to find some of the information in hundreds of pages with a thread....is there a tip you have so I can find it more efficiently? I don't want to bog the place down and annoy people.

yep....not aware of how it all works. It's been about 6ish years since we've been to Disney...and SOOOOO much has changed. Just trying to learn.

I will say...as a "new" poster (because it's been so long) it is hard to find some of the information in hundreds of pages with a thread....is there a tip you have so I can find it more efficiently? I don't want to bog the place down and annoy people.
Read the latest 10 pages to catch up a bit on the most current stuff. Use the search function, click this thread only. Then ask what you want. We’re generally pretty nice around here as we know threads are huge & you cannot read them in their entirety & the search function can be wonky :)

I use my sb visa cards to buy giftcards from bestbuy.com and then I get sb for the purchase.
I think its 2 for $1 it's not a lot but its something

I know the savings thread can get super long! I'll try to give you some basic info based on what I do. I am by no means a churner, it can get too complicated for my usual sleep-deprived brain plus I live in the boonies so no big shops near me.

• I get Visa cards or Paypal on Swagbucks - the Visa card is usually on sale, not huge saving but every little bit helps!
  • Add the Visa to my PP account and make it my "primary" source of funding - when you add the card you see how you can change it, it's just a click ;)
  • Go to the RetailMeNot (what everyone calls RMN) site, see if there are any deals. I have done 3 deals so far - Disney Store had a $10 cash back $65 purchase and Staples had a couple of offers, one was $15 cashback from $75 and the other was $20 back from $90. Right now Disney has $10 cashback off a $100 purchase, and Target has 3% cashback.
  • Click on the link you are interested in and make your purchase (like you would with the Swagbucks shopping portal).
  • In a couple of days you will see the cashback pending on your RMN wallet and then it is 45 days before it credits.
The actual small print on RMN says gift cards are not eligible for the cashback offer but so far it has been working. I do not buy anything I would not be happy with even w/o the cashback. I get Disney cards because that is what I would have gotten with my SB PP money anyway - if I get the cashback great, if not it is ok too.
With the Target deal I would go through RMN and use my Target RedCard to get Disney cards - you then get 5% at c/o plus the 3% cashback. Then I would transfer my SB PP money into my bank account and use that to pay off the RedCard.

If you have a Best Buy near you SB has a really good deal with a special bonus plus % back. I have only been able to do it once since our closest BB is 2 hours away, check the Disney Gift card thread for that info ;)
There are also CC deals - Amex sometimes has discounts for Office Depot/Max and people get "Happy Guy" or "Happy Lady" cards that then can be used at certain stores (Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond) to get Disney cards at a discount. Again, closest Lowes/BBB is over an hour away from me.

I know the savings thread can get super long! I'll try to give you some basic info based on what I do. I am by no means a churner, it can get too complicated for my usual sleep-deprived brain plus I live in the boonies so no big shops near me.

• I get Visa cards or Paypal on Swagbucks - the Visa card is usually on sale, not huge saving but every little bit helps!
  • Add the Visa to my PP account and make it my "primary" source of funding - when you add the card you see how you can change it, it's just a click ;)
  • Go to the RetailMeNot (what everyone calls RMN) site, see if there are any deals. I have done 3 deals so far - Disney Store had a $10 cash back $65 purchase and Staples had a couple of offers, one was $15 cashback from $75 and the other was $20 back from $90. Right now Disney has $10 cashback off a $100 purchase, and Target has 3% cashback.
  • Click on the link you are interested in and make your purchase (like you would with the Swagbucks shopping portal).
  • In a couple of days you will see the cashback pending on your RMN wallet and then it is 45 days before it credits.
The actual small print on RMN says gift cards are not eligible for the cashback offer but so far it has been working. I do not buy anything I would not be happy with even w/o the cashback. I get Disney cards because that is what I would have gotten with my SB PP money anyway - if I get the cashback great, if not it is ok too.
With the Target deal I would go through RMN and use my Target RedCard to get Disney cards - you then get 5% at c/o plus the 3% cashback. Then I would transfer my SB PP money into my bank account and use that to pay off the RedCard.

If you have a Best Buy near you SB has a really good deal with a special bonus plus % back. I have only been able to do it once since our closest BB is 2 hours away, check the Disney Gift card thread for that info ;)
There are also CC deals - Amex sometimes has discounts for Office Depot/Max and people get "Happy Guy" or "Happy Lady" cards that then can be used at certain stores (Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond) to get Disney cards at a discount. Again, closest Lowes/BBB is over an hour away from me.
This was very helpful -- thank you! And you are right -- this game is complicated!

This was very helpful -- thank you! And you are right -- this game is complicated!
IKR! I don't mind explaining it to people just stating out since there is always something new to learn that overwhelms me (just started reading the CC thread and that has a doozy of a glossary). It does get easier once you know the terminology a little and do a couple of offers. And it is so worth it to save money for Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts