SWA Boarding postion -- A 01 -- does that mean what I think?

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
I hardly ever fly SWA, but this was the only airline that really worked for me.

So, a bit ago I lined up -- all ready like an Old West gunfighter with an itchy trigger finger and just before the appointed time hit CHECK IN.

It came back as too early, but I hit again. Bingo....

I figure mid B or upper B, but no, I get A 01. If my first finger strike would have taken, well, O.K. I was really lucky, but I had to go for it again since I hit a split second too early.

Again, I have not flown SWA for a few years, but is A 01 what I think? Which would be right in front?

Last edited:
It looks like it thinks you have a Business Select ticket. You would go on right after the medical boards.

Well, I would have sworn that I was NOT Business Select, but what you said made sense, so I checked my receipt and DUH, I did buy a business select.

I was tired. It was late. I am traveling to a relative's (sudden) funeral. That explains it. Hmmm, I almost would have liked to believe it was Pixie Dust that got me the front spot...

I was surprise last month i got A 03 and I had bought a wanna get away ticket and checked in 4 hours before the flight. I was sure I would get a c boarding position but I lucked out

Well, I would have sworn that I was NOT Business Select, but what you said made sense, so I checked my receipt and DUH, I did buy a business select.

I was tired. It was late. I am traveling to a relative's (sudden) funeral. That explains it. Hmmm, I almost would have liked to believe it was Pixie Dust that got me the front spot...

If it was last minute, Business Select may have been all that was left.

I was surprise last month i got A 03 and I had bought a wanna get away ticket and checked in 4 hours before the flight. I was sure I would get a c boarding position but I lucked out

That's interesting! I know that if the business select spots are not full that you can pay to upgrade to one of those boarding positions at the gate. I've done that before. But what a nice surprise to be assigned that in advance! Hadn't heard of that happening before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!