SW - Dis teleporter network EXPERIMENT

Nope, a door is simply a door, and really more of a decoration than anything since you don't actually use it to enter a room.

My door seems to work exactly like Mim's portal does .. maybe not all doors are created equal :confused3

My door seems to work exactly like Mim's portal does .. maybe not all doors are created equal :confused3
You beat me to it! I was just going to post about that:
I bought a door ... I think that is a teleporter :confused3
Nope, a door is simply a door, and really more of a decoration than anything since you don't actually use it to enter a room. The SmallWorlds teleporters are called "portals", there are at least three different styles in the shops.
I stand corrected! The doors can be configured to teleport you to a single room. (As opposed to the portals, which can contain a list of multiple rooms.) This is pretty cool; when you click on it, it says "a doorway to" (the name of the room you have set it to)", then you simply click "enter". Again, this is one way only, but pretty nice if you like the visual elements of the doors better than the portals. If you own multiple rooms, you could link them to create a walk-through.

You beat me to it! I was just going to post about that:I stand corrected! The doors can be configured to teleport you to a single room. (As opposed to the portals, which can contain a list of multiple rooms.) This is pretty cool; when you click on it, it says "a doorway to" (the name of the room you have set it to)", then you simply click "enter". Again, this is one way only, but pretty nice if you like the visual elements of the doors better than the portals. If you own multiple rooms, you could link them to create a walk-through.

I was just going to edit my post to say it only lets you configure one room :laughing:

the doors sound like a great way to tie our future spaces to our current ones @_@

i'm in the clubhouse right now anyone want to join me i just snuck in through illusionistics porter ;) p.s. can we add a pool to the club house?? and some chairs?:stir:

i'm in the clubhouse right now anyone want to join me i just snuck in through illusionistics porter ;) p.s. can we add a pool to the club house?? and some chairs?:stir:

yes you can. feel free to gift them to dis boards :rotfl:

OK - I'm in there now...kinda sparse and the main room reminds me of ST:TNG...but that's ok!
When I click on the teleporter it lists that I can go to Gracie Fairplay's Crib or Cat's Garden.
Was it determined if we need to have a teleporter to link to it, or can a place just be added?

OK - I'm in there now...kinda sparse and the main room reminds me of ST:TNG...but that's ok!
When I click on the teleporter it lists that I can go to Gracie Fairplay's Crib or Cat's Garden.
Was it determined if we need to have a teleporter to link to it, or can a place just be added?

just sign the guest book, and say who you are on the DIS :)

I will review the book tonight and add peeps :)

Take a look at gracie or shadows entries on the guest book if you have any confusion :)

Remember you dont need a teleporter to join also!!

Post 1 was updated to say what to do also

OK, I am now officially totally confused here....

What is this and what is the purpose again? :confused3

I dont have a real answer to this :rotfl:

We had a dis teleporter network in vmk, I am trying it here on smallworlds is the best I can tell you ROFL

OK new rule @_@

If you are confused... stay out of my room :rotfl:

Gosh I was just trying to do something we could do as a group other than a dance party...

I am going to find my bff's you guys are lame!!!!

I dont have a real answer to this :rotfl:

We had a dis teleporter network in vmk, I am trying it here on smallworlds is the best I can tell you ROFL
I think the confusion stems from what we were used to in VMK; pairs of teleporters that worked to link two rooms together.

SW portals and doors don't come in pairs, and they only work one-way, so what Aengus seems to be creating is a central listing of Dis rooms that can be visited from his portal. We can each do the same thing if we want; buy a portal and list multiple rooms in it, including the Dis Club House. But we don't have to have our own portal in order to be reached from his portal.

It's very easy to "bookmark" rooms in our favorites, and some may prefer that method of accessing the club house, if they don't care whether visitors to their rooms can return the same way they came.

OK looks like the experiment is starting to fail ROFL

one teleporter can link to 6 places only :rotfl:

So... either i need a BUNCH of teleporters or this will never work... more likely it will never work ROFL

OK looks like the experiment is starting to fail ROFL

one teleporter can link to 6 places only :rotfl:

So... either i need a BUNCH of teleporters or this will never work... more likely it will never work ROFL
Nooo!........ :rotfl:

I have one I'd be happy to donate, but maybe we need to rethink this a bit.

Nooo!........ :rotfl:

I have one I'd be happy to donate, but maybe we need to rethink this a bit.

yes definitely, filling up a room with porters is not a good idea ROFL

I think this experiment is over ROFL

thank you everyone for trying anyways :)

yes definitely, filling up a room with porters is not a good idea ROFL

I think this experiment is over ROFL

thank you everyone for trying anyways :)
I still think the Club House is a good idea. Maybe we can simply find different ways to place our Dis "presence" in there, rather than trying to create a dedicated access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter