SW - Dis teleporter network EXPERIMENT

It's still an awesome idea to have a clubhouse, we can all bookmark it and gather there, who needs porters!
:hippie: Mamacita

It's still an awesome idea to have a clubhouse, we can all bookmark it and gather there, who needs porters!

I do so plz give me your porters...

and...

can i haz some other stuff too because I am poor and home.less thx :)

and...

Hey I wandered into your pad last night and you are rich. Look at all those fancy leather chairs! It looks like a fancy doctor's office with magazines and all!

And I also saw a picture of a boat... I mean a yacht! Just like the tall ships in Boston!

Hey I wandered into your pad last night and you are rich. Look at all those fancy leather chairs! It looks like a fancing doctor's office with magazines and all!

uh...

you must mean someone else

plz everyone i am poor!!!

and...

**Shivers at the flashbacks**

Whatever you decide to do with this room, I'm with ya :)
Tell me what you've already been given for the room and I'll get you something else, a game table or something if you decide against portals.

Okay...

Here's my thought on this:

First, a few things to know about SW ports:
- They have limited number of rooms you can link to from 1.
- Ports are not needed to enter a room in SW. If you search for a person under "search," you can enter their home space as long as it is not locked - even if it's empty. (This is a KEY difference from what we are used to in VMK.)

Given the above, a port to link rooms is not necessary at all. The only thing we really need is a list of DIS members that exist in SW, along with their SW title and we have a sudden DIS network. Simple.

This can be done with a simple guest book in "The Club House," or with a stack of magazines, if Aengus wants to enter the links for everyone's homes.

Given how SW works, all we really need is a "I am here" and we have the network instantly.

- Dreams

Given the above, a port to link rooms is not necessary at all. The only thing we really need is a list of DIS members that exist in SW, along with their SW title and we have a sudden DIS network. Simple.

This can be done with a simple guest book in "The Club House," or with a stack of magazines, if Aengus wants to enter the links for everyone's homes.

Given how SW works, all we really need is a "I am here" and we have the network instantly.

- Dreams
I had thought of these as well. It might be difficult to allow Dis members to sign the guest book without allowing everyone else to though.

Putting our room links in the magazine stack is a good idea but might have the same limitations as the portals, as to how much it can hold. Anybody tested that out yet?

**Shivers at the flashbacks**

Whatever you decide to do with this room, I'm with ya :)
Tell me what you've already been given for the room and I'll get you something else, a game table or something if you decide against portals.

haha i was teasing I have no idea what to do with the room now ROFL

Okay...

Here's my thought on this:

First, a few things to know about SW ports:
- They have limited number of rooms you can link to from 1.
- Ports are not needed to enter a room in SW. If you search for a person under "search," you can enter their home space as long as it is not locked - even if it's empty. (This is a KEY difference from what we are used to in VMK.)

- Dreams

yup thats all true, I was just hoping it would work out so we could look eachother up inside the game not just here.

Just thought it might be fun to do going room to room to see what others were building without having to work at it. Also I thought it would have been nice to bring something back we did in vmk, albeit a little different :)

How about anyone who wants to be part of this Dis network put DIS in the beginning of their room titles, so they all come up in a search? Like mine would be: DIS Mimi's House or something. All anyone has to do is search DIS (space) and all the Dis rooms would be all together.
Just a thought...

(pretend this is all caps because the dumbo editor wont let me scream)

OMG MIMS THATS NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!

GOSH!

Just sayin!

ETA: woah, it left the caps @_@

GOSH!

Just sayin!

It leaves the caps if you have text before it that isn't all caps as well... XD

GOSH!

Just sayin!

GOSH! YOU SCREAMED SO LOUD I'M MUNCHING ON FEATHERS!
Just sayin'!

I found this interesting while reading thru the SW FAQ....something to look forward to:

6. What else do you have planned for SmallWorlds?
...We will be adding larger outdoor spaces where groups of players can build their homes and create new and interesting places for others to explore.

http://blog.smallworlds.com/faq/

I can envision a Dis Isle....would be neat to walk from room to room like a Main Street....
Isle of Dis?

I found this interesting while reading thru the SW FAQ....something to look forward to:

http://blog.smallworlds.com/faq/

I can envision a Dis Isle....would be neat to walk from room to room like a Main Street....
Isle of Dis?

yes it would!

I had never paid much attention but recently I did realize the public spaces actually have owners. I wonder if thats the sort of thing we could possibly get our hands on @_@

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter