SW - Dis teleporter network EXPERIMENT

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
ETA: OK if you would like to be a part of the teleporter network, visit Dis Boards :rotfl: and then sign the guest book. Include your DIS board title or it wont be added. Starting to think this will not work :rotfl: but we can have fun finding out :)

Yes its an experiment... why? Well because we know we lose all of our stuff when beta ends :rotfl:

I created a character named Dis Boards

feel free to add :)

I called the room, Disboards club house

I want to put a teleporter in there and experiment linking to all of your rooms if you have a teleporter :)

It will be similar to the way it was done in VMK and now we get the opportunity to experiment with how it all works

I would also like to say I envision the room as a meeting place for maybe missions and the like, a place to load when you cant load your own room :rotfl:

I envision a guest book for the members to put theirs shouts

Perhaps a donated flickr photo with your choice (locked) of photo on teh wall

Magazines with links to all the sw threads here on the board

I dont know, after reading all the SW info on their site, I think this is what they envision. Lets build our own piece of smallworlds @_@

Anyways, I wanted to get this out there for some ideas and what not, but I will not be starting this until this evening. I havent bought a porter yet :rotfl:

Dont even know how they work yet, but I have just under 400 credits so I hope that will buy me something :rotfl:

Okay, sounds really cool, and would like to be in on it. Though I don't get how it will all work, but up to experimenting.
dis: goldengourd
sw: Golden Gourd

Yes in smallworlds

I will buy a teleporter this evening and begin linking peoples rooms, I am not sure how the teleporters work just yet, I will figure that out later :)

I dont know, but i have since learned you will not NEED a teleporter to join :)

My teleporter is enough to get to anyones room it seems.

so nobody HAS to buy a teleporter, but they seem like a cool idea to have so dont worry if you already got one.

having big time issues with shops loading, so not sure I will get done testing what I need @_@ but here is a peak at what I got so far LOL

Now the plan is you will sign my guest book, include your DIS name (requirement) and provide the name of your room to be linked. Sorry I think it will be more fun to provide the info IN game rather than on the boards.

Then I will review the guest book and link into the teleporter your room

anyways heres the beginning :)

snag0053wb9.jpg

Here is the Portal I have. I also took a pic of the configure section. You only need search for people and add them to your list.
2578003745_ab3ba3223e_o.jpg

2578836212_ecb3d2e86b_o.jpg

omg it has a hidden mickey at the top of the mirror @_@

What shop does that one come from?

Nice idea, Aengus!
I would also like to say I envision the room as a meeting place for maybe missions and the like, a place to load when you cant load your own room :rotfl:
Unfortunately, if you can't load your own room, you can't even enter the game to load someone else's. But I suppose you're referring to our, uh, "alternate avatars".
I bought a door ... I think that is a teleporter :confused3
Nope, a door is simply a door, and really more of a decoration than anything since you don't actually use it to enter a room. The SmallWorlds teleporters are called "portals", there are at least three different styles in the shops.
I dont know, but i have since learned you will not NEED a teleporter to join :)

My teleporter is enough to get to anyones room it seems.

so nobody HAS to buy a teleporter, but they seem like a cool idea to have so dont worry if you already got one.
Actually, the portals are one-way only. Even if you configure all of our names in your portal list, we still need to have one in our room and configure the Dis room in our list if we want the portal access to be two-way.

While this would be fun, it really wouldn't save us any steps compared to entering the Dis room from a search. The characters do not "walk" into the portals the way we are used to from VMK; clicking on them brings up a list of rooms. We have to select the room that we want to visit, and click "go there". The same result could be achieved at no cost by saving the Dis room in "favorites", and that would be a good solution for those who don't want to buy a portal. I already have one so I'd love to make it a two-way access!

One nice thing about these portals is that you don't have to worry about blocking their entrance when decorating! Some of us enjoy hiding them, too. :rolleyes1

Nice idea, Aengus!Unfortunately, if you can't load your own room, you can't even enter the game to load someone else's.Nope, a door is simply a door, and really more of a decoration than anything since you don't actually use it to enter a room. The SmallWorlds teleporters are called "portals", there are at least three different styles in the shops.Actually, the portals are one-way only. Even if you configure all of our names in your portal list, we still need to have one in our room and configure the Dis room in our list if we want the portal access to be two-way.

While this is fun, it really doesn't save you any steps compared to entering a room from the search. The characters do not "walk" into the portals the way we are used to from VMK; clicking on them brings up a list of rooms. You have to select the room that you want to visit, and click "go there". The same result can be achieved at no cost by saving each others' rooms in "favorites". But I certainly don't want to pour any cold water on the idea, and since I already have a portal I will join.

One nice thing about these portals is that you don't have to worry about blocking their entrance when decorating! Some of us enjoy hiding them, too. :rolleyes1

actually alice, if you log in and then type smallworlds/blah/home/disboards

and that room is loadable, you can get in even if your room wont load ;)

and I see it has limitations but the seach is no good if you dont know who you are searching for. It is a bit limited as compared to vmk, but I want to see how it works :)

actually alice, if you log in and then type smallworlds/blah/home/disboards

and that room is loadable, you can get in even if your room wont load ;)

and I see it has limitations but the seach is no good if you dont know who you are searching for. It is a bit limited as compared to vmk, but I want to see how it works :)
Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks. Maybe poor Aliceblue Vmker can wander around today then. :)

I edited my previous post a bit; the favorites is a good place to bookmark the Dis room location for handy access, so you don't have to search for it every time. (What I would have given to have that function in VMK!)

Aengus, you must have the room set to members only, because it says I don't have permission to enter the space.

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks. Maybe poor Aliceblue Vmker can wander around today then. :)

I edited my previous post a bit; the favorites is a good place to bookmark the Dis room location for handy access, so you don't have to search for it every time. (What I would have given to have that function in VMK!)

yes maybe you can dont use disboards as I locked that room up while i play

but feel free to try www.smallworlds.com/home/graciefairplay

it might be the difference, I havent logged in to see that my room is loading easily ROFL or maybe it could also be tied to the server you logged in at, I dont know. These are the things I guess we experiment with while in beta huh LOL

yes maybe you can dont use disboards as I locked that room up while i play

but feel free to try www.smallworlds.com/home/graciefairplay

it might be the difference, I havent logged in to see that my room is loading easily ROFL or maybe it could also be tied to the server you logged in at, I dont know. These are the things I guess we experiment with while in beta huh LOL
I was able to simply type my other character's name in the address to enter. How bizarre is this? If I do a search for myself it shows that Aliceblue Vmker's room is occupied, even though I can't get into it.

Be sure to let us know when the club house is open so we can sign up there. :)

I noticed all the mules are lit up as online when you are online ROFL

egad, how embarassing getting caught like that LOL

I will open it up tonight even if i dont get the porter, just hoping I can :)

OK, I opened up the room, feel free to sign up :)

sign the guest book, mentioned your DIS name and we can link you up?!?!

hahaha I am not sure this will work at all, but hey just trying to figure out how the DIS fits into this new world :)

Woot! Finally a use for my teleporter. That was the first item I bought that wasn't for a mission.

In other news, why does Dis Boards look like a giant leprechaun?

Woot! Finally a use for my teleporter. That was the first item I bought that wasn't for a mission.

In other news, why does Dis Boards look like a giant leprechaun?

haha the dis color is green (sigh... I know lime green but hey its the best i could do ROFL)

You dont need a telporter to be linked tho :) The teleporters are one way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter