SURVIVOR 37...and NOW Survivor 38 (no spoilers)

I'm rooting for Gavin. He's in one of my Disney Facebook groups and seems like a good hardworking young man and he's not a bad Survivor player either. As far as Julia getting voted out last night, I didn't mind it at all. Before she started being arrogant, I liked her. But, she got a little too know it all for me.

And what the heck is with winter caps and sweaters on a tropical island????

I think the hat wearing is something that the people are wearing. My brother, who is 26 (13 years younger then me), wears them all the time in the summer in about 90-100 degrees. I don't get it though.

I'm on the side that is enjoying this season. I often found myself not paying attention during tribal councils in the past, and this year I am loving every second of it. Some people blew it and others pounced on it and took a chance and it paid off.

I don't have a favorite but I'm okay with that, it makes it more fun to enjoy all the alliance hoping. I mean, when Kelly turned around and admitted to David that they were gonna vote him off - loved it. Julia really blew it, surprised she couldn't see what was happening. Aurora surprised me, I'm beginning to think that she just isn't a very good player at all.

I liked this tribal. Do I think the sneak peaks were a bit overblown for what we actually got? Sure, that's the nature of the beast though. Can't tease up the next episode with hey, you should watch because people might actually switch up their votes live at tribal, not just play up the possibility for the cameras.

I think some people made strategic mistakes and other people capitalized on that. Those kinds of interactions are one of the things I find most interesting about the show though.

I'm not disliking this season / edge of extinction twist / and cast (whether they be returners or newbies) as much as many here seem to. At this point I doubt it will end up in my top 3 favorite seasons or anything, but I'm keeping an open mind and waiting to see how it all works out.

I do like that they're changing things up. It's not interesting to me when players can come in with a pre-set plan for the entire season based on how things have been done in the past. Oh, so you think you can keep strong players around to help your tribe pre-merge, vote them out immediately before or after the merge, and use that as part of your game resume? Fooled you. First that strategy is nothing new, and second that strong player may now have a chance to get back in the game just when it could be the absolute worst thing for you. Oh, so you think you don't need to worry about jury management until the merge? Fooled you. The very first player voted out could conceivably vote on who wins in the end. I don't have the problem with those things many seem to have. It's not like the people on extinction are lounging in comfort. The physical and psychological struggle has to be intense out there! Those still in the game in a more traditional sense are building relationships, looking forward to reward challenges, immunity challenges, letters from home and/or loved ones visits, etc. They're playing the game and with every vote their chances of winning get better. Those on extinction are dealing with the elements, boredom, bitter or just plain miserable to live with players (Reem, anyone?), and with every vote their chances of getting back in the game get worse - at least as long as voted out players continue to choose extinction island and resist raising that flag.

Slightly OT
Did you all see the former Survivor players who will be competing on Amazing Race?

FORMER SURVIVOR CONTESTANTS

• Chris Hammons and Bret Labelle

These friends first met on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X in 2016, where Chris finished in 11th place and Bret in fifth. This will be their first time competing on The Amazing Race.

• Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins

These Survivor alumni have each done two seasons of island tribal competition between them, but have never appeared on The Amazing Race.

• Rupert and Laura Boneham

Four-time Survivor competitor — and onetime Indiana gubernatorial candidate — Rupert actually went up against his wife Laura in the Blood vs. Water season of that show. This time, the couple will get to work together for a chance, taking on The Amazing Race for the first time.

I don't watch much non-streaming TV, but Amazing Race was always one of my favorites. Unfortunately, the show has evolved in a couple ways that really makes it less appealing to me. First, I wish they would stop having other CBS reality show contestants compete. I guess I'm in the minority, but I just want a bunch of unknown couples with the variety of relationships featured in the past. Second, I know it complicates production, but let teams really get ahead, at least for a couple legs, before leveling. It just seems like every episode is: all teams are relatively leveled at the beginning by transportation, they go to a new place, they do a couple challenges, they end up slightly less leveled, repeat. It was so cool in the first season when the third place team in Alaska was told the first two teams just finished in New York City. I'll watch it when it starts again, but I'm pretty sure my interest will fade like it has the last couple seasons. Small rant over.

I'm on the side that is enjoying this season. I often found myself not paying attention during tribal councils in the past, and this year I am loving every second of it. Some people blew it and others pounced on it and took a chance and it paid off.

I don't have a favorite but I'm okay with that, it makes it more fun to enjoy all the alliance hoping. I mean, when Kelly turned around and admitted to David that they were gonna vote him off - loved it. Julia really blew it, surprised she couldn't see what was happening. Aurora surprised me, I'm beginning to think that she just isn't a very good player at all.

It definitely ranks up there as one of the most chaotic Tribal Councils EVER. Even moreso than the Three Amigos threatening to play their idols in Caramoan.

I liked this tribal. Do I think the sneak peaks were a bit overblown for what we actually got? Sure, that's the nature of the beast though. Can't tease up the next episode with hey, you should watch because people might actually switch up their votes live at tribal, not just play up the possibility for the cameras.

I think some people made strategic mistakes and other people capitalized on that. Those kinds of interactions are one of the things I find most interesting about the show though.

I'm not disliking this season / edge of extinction twist / and cast (whether they be returners or newbies) as much as many here seem to. At this point I doubt it will end up in my top 3 favorite seasons or anything, but I'm keeping an open mind and waiting to see how it all works out.

I do like that they're changing things up. It's not interesting to me when players can come in with a pre-set plan for the entire season based on how things have been done in the past. Oh, so you think you can keep strong players around to help your tribe pre-merge, vote them out immediately before or after the merge, and use that as part of your game resume? Fooled you. First that strategy is nothing new, and second that strong player may now have a chance to get back in the game just when it could be the absolute worst thing for you. Oh, so you think you don't need to worry about jury management until the merge? Fooled you. The very first player voted out could conceivably vote on who wins in the end. I don't have the problem with those things many seem to have. It's not like the people on extinction are lounging in comfort. The physical and psychological struggle has to be intense out there! Those still in the game in a more traditional sense are building relationships, looking forward to reward challenges, immunity challenges, letters from home and/or loved ones visits, etc. They're playing the game and with every vote their chances of winning get better. Those on extinction are dealing with the elements, boredom, bitter or just plain miserable to live with players (Reem, anyone?), and with every vote their chances of getting back in the game get worse - at least as long as voted out players continue to choose extinction island and resist raising that flag.

Slightly OT
Did you all see the former Survivor players who will be competing on Amazing Race?

FORMER SURVIVOR CONTESTANTS

• Chris Hammons and Bret Labelle

These friends first met on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X in 2016, where Chris finished in 11th place and Bret in fifth. This will be their first time competing on The Amazing Race.

• Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins

These Survivor alumni have each done two seasons of island tribal competition between them, but have never appeared on The Amazing Race.

• Rupert and Laura Boneham

Four-time Survivor competitor — and onetime Indiana gubernatorial candidate — Rupert actually went up against his wife Laura in the Blood vs. Water season of that show. This time, the couple will get to work together for a chance, taking on The Amazing Race for the first time.

Rupert and his wife will be the first eliminated, too arrogant.

My favorite part of the show last night was the setting of the second challenge. Usually they are in a low clearing or on the beach. This one was on higher ground with a spectacular view of the reef, the ocean and other islands in the distance.

As far as the game, Wardog seems to be playing very well. He doesn't do well at challenges, but he seems to have the social part going for him. Of course, that probably means he is due for a blindside!

My favorite part of the show last night was the setting of the second challenge. Usually they are in a low clearing or on the beach. This one was on higher ground with a spectacular view of the reef, the ocean and other islands in the distance.

As far as the game, Wardog seems to be playing very well. He doesn't do well at challenges, but he seems to have the social part going for him. Of course, that probably means he is due for a blindside!
Wardog is gaming. But he's too visible so he will probably be the next one out or pretty soon anyway. They'd be dumb to lave him in.

Kudos to the remaining players for getting David and Kelly out of the game. Those two are very crafty players.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter