Survivor 36: Ghost Island

So glad I found this thread. I'm a huge Survivor fan! Does anyone else here follow Rob Has a Podcast?

I would not wish one piece swimsuits on those women at all! Can you imagine how awkward it would be to use the restroom? It is silly that they have them in underwear so long these days, but I'd pick a modest two piece any day of the week.

The last episode was a bit of a snooze, but the editors really seemed to TRY to make something of it, so I give them credit. There's not much you can do to spice things up when the numbers are clearly going in one direction. If anything, they should have let Ghost Island offer a game this episode. I'm still waiting to see more cursed Survivor relics!

And boy is Survivor getting pervy. When Stephanie was on Ghost Island reading the note, the camera was looking right down her cleavage.

So glad I found this thread. I'm a huge Survivor fan! Does anyone else here follow Rob Has a Podcast?

I would not wish one piece swimsuits on those women at all! Can you imagine how awkward it would be to use the restroom? It is silly that they have them in underwear so long these days, but I'd pick a modest two piece any day of the week.

The last episode was a bit of a snooze, but the editors really seemed to TRY to make something of it, so I give them credit. There's not much you can do to spice things up when the numbers are clearly going in one direction. If anything, they should have let Ghost Island offer a game this episode. I'm still waiting to see more cursed Survivor relics!

I think the "cursed survivor" effort is pancaking. It's neither exciting or beneficial. Some have already made the same foolish mistakes. It would have been WAY more fun to have the original survivors who made the mistakes come back to replay their errors and see if they could correct them. This season reminds me of the Blood and Water effort, which was also boring and somewhat pointless and just led to family in-fighting LOL

And boy is Survivor getting pervy. When Stephanie was on Ghost Island reading the note, the camera was looking right down her cleavage.

Yep -- desperation for those viewing numbers. And yet CBS fights every season about bringing back Amazing Race -- a much classier show which is also higher in viewer popularity than Survivor!

So am I the only one who has a problem with people digging through another person's bag? That crosses the line for me.

I don't like it either. I've been rewatching Survivor on CBS AllAccess and actually just watched an episode of Fiji when they did the same thing. It was pretty controversial then, but I think it's happened a few times now. I think there should be a rule against it.

I don't like it either. I've been rewatching Survivor on CBS AllAccess and actually just watched an episode of Fiji when they did the same thing. It was pretty controversial then, but I think it's happened a few times now. I think there should be a rule against it.

I wonder if Jeff has ever addressed this in fan q&a. If not, I really wish someone would ask him.

So am I the only one who has a problem with people digging through another person's bag? That crosses the line for me.
I don’t think it should be allowed. I wonder what would happen if someone finds an idol while looking through someone else’s bag. Could they just take it and say that it is theirs?

I don’t think it should be allowed. I wonder what would happen if someone finds an idol while looking through someone else’s bag. Could they just take it and say that it is theirs?

There is a rule that they're not allowed to take anything from another player (including their bags). Production knows who is in the possession of each idol/advantage, so it's not like you could sneak and steal it. I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to snoop in other people's bags at all though.

There is a rule that they're not allowed to take anything from another player (including their bags). Production knows who is in the possession of each idol/advantage, so it's not like you could sneak and steal it. I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to snoop in other people's bags at all though.
I initially agreed, but now think it’s not really a big deal. What do they really have in their bags? It can’t be much. And it’s not like there’s much privacy anyway. I say let them snoop!

Yep -- desperation for those viewing numbers. And yet CBS fights every season about bringing back Amazing Race -- a much classier show which is also higher in viewer popularity than Survivor!
So true, and we only get one show instead of 2 like Survivor.

I heard Stephanie on Xm radio today. She was on some Entertainment channel and did a call in to the radio channel. I heard her say she had a loving friendship relationship with someone and they would watch the sunrise every morning. She was mad they did not show that and was shocked the she was pretty much unanimously voted off. She felt she had a better friendship with everyone.

Last edited:
So true, and we only get one show instead of 2 like Survivor.

I heard Stephanie on Xm radio today. She was on some Entertainment channel and did a call in to the radio channel. I heard her say she had a loving friendship relationship with someone and they would watch the sunrise every morning. She was mad they did not show that and was shocked the she was pretty much unanimously voted off. She felt she had a better friendship with everyone.

I think the other two voted against her, more to show their allegiance to the majority. They knew the votes would send her packing, regardless. She shouldn't take it personally.

I think the other two voted against her, more to show their allegiance to the majority. They knew the votes would send her packing, regardless. She shouldn't take it personally.

See, this is what I will never understand about when Survivors stab each other in the back. The majority had the numbers without the other two's votes. Why pledge allegiance with a group that is going to pluck you off, regardless of how you vote? Anything could happen at tribal. What if Stephanie pulled out a HII? Sure, the person Stephanie voted for would have gone home, but now you stabbed her in the back , and she's still in the game. Kind of hard to work with someone after that.

I initially agreed, but now think it’s not really a big deal. What do they really have in their bags? It can’t be much. And it’s not like there’s much privacy anyway. I say let them snoop!

The problem is if the person had an idol or some other clue that they didn't want to publicize (which is exactly why she was looking). I'm also in the o where this shouldn't be allowed. It' not like they have lockers sheer they can secure their belongings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!