Survivor 36: Ghost Island

I missed the reunion part. The regular show took up a lot of the reunion show and then they talked to Kevin Hart. I like it when they talk to the contestant. They didn't even show who that little girl voted for did they
They did show her, for about 5 seconds. She voted for Wendell. So, now they're "2 for 2"!!!! (Cue excited tones!)

I was glad Wendell won, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Even before I read Laurel's interview--online, they didn't say much to anyone during the "reunion" show--I knew she'd vote for Wendell, and him giving her the immunity necklace would be her deciding factor.

I think Dom had no idea how he came across as aggressive and condescending. Some players reward that, some are put off by it.

Maybe an all star jerks VS all star sweeties. Would be good.

It's been done. Villians vs. Favorites.

As for Dom..I was no fan of his, but I got super excited when he was considering giving up the immunity idol and going head-to head with Wendell in the fire contest. He kept saying how much of a gambler he is. I don't think so. If he was a true gambler, he would have gambled his fate on fire. Because had he beat Wendell, he would be cashing a check for a million dollars. I thought that would have made the show way more exciting.

It's been done. Villians vs. Favorites.

As for Dom..I was no fan of his, but I got super excited when he was considering giving up the immunity idol and going head-to head with Wendell in the fire contest. He kept saying how much of a gambler he is. I don't think so. If he was a true gambler, he would have gambled his fate on fire. Because had he beat Wendell, he would be cashing a check for a million dollars. I thought that would have made the show way more exciting.
Oh yeah. Could do another villians VS faves. I'd be down.

I agree about Dom. I too thought that would have made some good Survivor and I might have definitely added Dom to my all time great players list. Especially right after he tricked SeaBass into believing he was using a real idol and made Seabass second guess, and ultimately forgo, using his advantage and writing Dom's name twice.

David & Goliath theme next

UGH -- and it looks like it's going to be full of nasty bloated personalities!

Yep. At least in early seasons, they would recognize the "back row" contestants at the reunion, maybe even ask them a question, just to get their faces on screen and throw them a bone. And there were some interesting contestants who were voted out early this season. But they didn't even talk to Angela(a final four), Sebastian/Jenna(who are dating), etc.

But that's okay. At least we got to hear Kevin Hart and Jeff Probst talk for three minutes about a show none of us will watch. And we got to see James and Erik stand on stage in sheer awkward embarrassment for all the world to see.

Whoever produced the reunion show should be canned. That was terrible.

Spot on comment. What gripes me is that for several seasons they cut into the reunion hour to finish the voting. They used to do it in the two hour finale and spent an hour with players. And seriously - wasting time with Kevin Hart and a silly girl voting in the audience is just an insulting waste of time to fans. But then again, CBS has gotten money hungry with all the specials and telecasts you have to pay for to watch! I don't think they should even call it a reunion show!

NOW, I'm going to throw my biggest (and what seems obvious) gripe out there. Who besides my DH and I thought that the "tie" was sooooo staged? Jeff had to know it was a tie to do it the way he did and save the "tying" vote for the live show. And who else thought it was a rotten idea to let Laurel be the deciding factor!!! Ridiculous "twist" which seemed very obvious and planned. They should have let the jury re-vote or make fire! Tossing it to Laurel left the winner as an obvious choice!

U
NOW, I'm going to throw my biggest (and what seems obvious) gripe out there. Who besides my DH and I thought that the "tie" was sooooo staged? Jeff had to know it was a tie to do it the way he did and save the "tying" vote for the live show. And who else thought it was a rotten idea to let Laurel be the deciding factor!!! Ridiculous "twist" which seemed very obvious and planned. They should have let the jury re-vote or make fire! Tossing it to Laurel left the winner as an obvious choice!

Not sure what you mean by staged?? If you mean that they knew it was a tie before leaving the island, of course they did. Probst and the other producers do count the votes and put them in the order they want to be revealed so that they can create the drama they want at each Tribal. This one would have been no different as they had to know with an even number on the jury, a tie was always possible.

Not sure what you mean by staged?? If you mean that they knew it was a tie before leaving the island, of course they did. Probst and the other producers do count the votes and put them in the order they want to be revealed so that they can create the drama they want at each Tribal. This one would have been no different as they had to know with an even number on the jury, a tie was always possible.

No, I mean staged -- as in they "fixed" it so it would be a tie and have the "twist" with the tie breaker. Not hard to believe -- considering how many players in the past have said that the editing is staged to show things out of order or set up. Oh well -- they got the tie and the cliff hanger they wanted!

I have never been in the camp that they stage outcomes. They do edit for drama but I don't think they tamper with votes.

I have never thought that staging was involved -- until this season. Not saying it's so, JMO

WENDELL in perfect block letters. Not the typical writing of a little girl on someone's back, being rushed.

I noticed when she started writing on the person's back who was sitting in front that the first letter appeared to me to be Wendell. I felt then that she picked him but I also missed them showing her pick and wondered why they didn't show it since I believed she chose correctly.

They had that season called "Second Chances" where they brought back all the players who didn't win. I'd like to see one of those seasons with all the players who didn't make it past the third tribal. They never get interviewed or acknowledged at the reunion show and it's always sad when they go so early in the game. Many may have had great potential. It would be fun to see them compete again.

And to the producers -- bring back the food auction. That was always one of our favorite events!

Love the food auction. Would trade it for the family visit.

YES! I think the family visit has become cruel -- when they let them see their family for 5 seconds before having them sent home because the immunity winner didn't choose that player. UGH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter