Survey regarding new AP rates

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
I got a survey about 2 months ago, right after we returned from our last trip in April, about AP rates, booking online, on the phone etc. Did anyone else get this? It asked if I booked online (which I did not) and then asked why I didn't. I responded because I couldn't apply my discount online (we have APs, but used a pin code mailing we received) and it asked if I would have booked online if I could have used my discount. So I said yes, and then it had other questions about booking online. Seems like maybe this was part of the info to develop this new AP best rate thing. Just wondering if anyone else did this survey, or got an e-mail or postcard about it.

I got the same survey, and definitely thought of it when I saw this new prodedure this afternoon.

I am all for being able to book things online (at least you could play around with the WDW site instead of having to bug CRO or your TA), but I DO NOT remember saying I thought non-refundable deposits and windows of being able to book were a good idea!!!

I remember some questions about cancellation policies, but certainly nothing like this, nothing about a nonrefundable deposit, etc. And I did say I would not like cancellation policies to change (don't remember the exact question now though).

Well maybe the cancellation and non-refundable policies were something that they were going to do regardless of the survey. The survey was likely just trying to find out what to "give" you to make the other changes more palatable.

I'm not an AP holder, but I got a similar survey not too long ago. It was mostly asking about how I feel about online booking. One question was about whether or not you would book online if it guaranteed you the lowest possilble rate.

We're not AP holders but me and DH both got a survey asking questions about if we booked online or by phone, why we didn't book online and what would get us to book online. I remember also that a best rate gaurentee for booking online was one of the options. The survey also mentioned having CM available to IM during the online booking process. I have a feeling WDW will soon be implementing these changes to all reservations.

freakylick said:
Well maybe the cancellation and non-refundable policies were something that they were going to do regardless of the survey. The survey was likely just trying to find out what to "give" you to make the other changes more palatable.
Good point. I doubt that any customer would be willing to encourage a supplier to impose a non-refundable policy. Likely, the non-refundable aspect of the policy was based on empirical research of actual customer purchasing habits, rather than on surveys.

I feel like I was the last to know that you can book AP discounted rooms online now. With all of the hub hub about the new program, I see that you can also book your AP rated rooms online?? when did that start? I clicked on this summer ap dicounted room icon and the discounted rates came right up for me to book. I feel like I was the last to know....why didn't someone tell me.

I did the same survey. I would much rather book online than deal with some of the CRO operators, but I do not like the non-refundable deposit or having to book at least 120 days. We live close and like to do last minute trips when we can get a good deal. I hate the idea of staying off property, but I will not pay rack rate because we want to do a last minute trip.

The rates I saw using the online AP site were not good discounts - $300 a night for a WL courtyard view?? No way.

I did a survey about 2 years ago. It was asking about booking well in advance to guarantee good deals. Would I book 6 months out if I was guaranteed 50% off? would I book it if I had to pay 1/2 the room cost at that time? what about the whole thing at the time I book it? then would I still book 6 months out for half off if the deposit (half the cost of my vacation) was nonrefundable? I told them I typically plan well in advance so planning 6 months out would be fine if it guaranteed me 1/2 off. I said I would be willing to book early and put down half. When I got to the cancellation stuff I said I would absolutely pass on the offer if the wanted 1/2 the cost of my trip and it was nonrefundable. No way, no how. $200 nonrefundable deposit to ensure 50% off...done. One night's rate, done. But not half the cost! That is insane!

I also did the "how can we improve our site" survey and commented that I want the ability to book a discounted room online.

Wendy*Darling said:
I did a survey about 2 years ago. It was asking about booking well in advance to guarantee good deals. Would I book 6 months out if I was guaranteed 50% off? would I book it if I had to pay 1/2 the room cost at that time? what about the whole thing at the time I book it? then would I still book 6 months out for half off if the deposit (half the cost of my vacation) was nonrefundable? I told them I typically plan well in advance so planning 6 months out would be fine if it guaranteed me 1/2 off. I said I would be willing to book early and put down half. When I got to the cancellation stuff I said I would absolutely pass on the offer if the wanted 1/2 the cost of my trip and it was nonrefundable. No way, no how. $200 nonrefundable deposit to ensure 50% off...done. One night's rate, done. But not half the cost! That is insane!

I also did the "how can we improve our site" survey and commented that I want the ability to book a discounted room online.

I agree if I can book 120 days out and be guaranteed 50% off, then yes I am willing to lose my one night's deposit. It will interesting to see what the actual discount is.

And what we have to all remember that if the discount seems small to all of us to warrant these restrictions, if it appeals to enough guests that don't have a problem with it, then it will stay around. We have to remember a huge segment of Disney guests do not frequent Internet forums. Any discount might be greatly appreciated by them.

I also got the same survey. It did ask what it would take to get me to book my ressie online and why I wasn't doing it now. I reponded that one reason was having an immediate answer as to whether there was availability at the resort I was interested in. I did not want to have to play "e-mail tag" trying to book my vacation. There definitely were no questions concerning a non-refundable deposit but there were some regarding receiving the "best possible rate" only if you booked online. I also seem to remember questions concerning some possible "perks" to encourage online ressies such as coupons or giveaways.
I don't mind booking 120 days out if the rate is exceptional but I cannot afford to lose one night's deposit especially if it is on a deluxe hotel.

One of the biggest complaints I had on the survey was not being able to book on-line. I hate calling the CRO. Unfortunately, I alway get the a CMs who has absolutely no knowledge about the current AP rate discount being offered and has a strong accent making communication difficult. I also get CMs with bad attitudes, etc.

I stated several times on the survey that I wanted to book on-line on my own. If I can book on-line on my own without having to deal with CRO.....GREAT!!!!

However, the only reason I purchased a AP was for the room discount. With the 120 day advance purchase, Disney management can have time to decide whether they want to release discount codes basis on current reservation number and if you don't come they get to keep your deposit. :confused3

I have said it before and I am going to scream it to the roof tops...the AP is not the best deal anymore. Disney is obviously losing money on the AP deal so they are making changes. For my family size, MYW plus dining is the way to go.

I will defintely not be renewing my AP. I want to have more flexibility and be able to get a refund if something come up.

Live and learn! But for those of you we are thinking about buying an AP DON'T....its not worth all of the hassle.

This was posted in another thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=8918638&postcount=256
repeated http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8918710#post8918710

Lollipop Mom said:
What both sales and guest services have told me is true but WE haven't seen it in writing just yet ...
this is NOT the end of the AP rate program as we know it, it's just a way to book and guarantee you don't have to be on the lookout for a discount, it will be applied for you automatically.
you will still be able to call in and book AP rates as they are released. They will just be subject to availability just as they always have been.

lsteadman said:
One of the biggest complaints I had on the survey was not being able to book on-line. I hate calling the CRO. Unfortunately, I alway get the a CMs who has absolutely no knowledge about the current AP rate discount being offered and has a strong accent making communication difficult. I also get CMs with bad attitudes, etc.

I stated several times on the survey that I wanted to book on-line on my own. If I can book on-line on my own without having to deal with CRO.....GREAT!!!!

But you can book your discount online now. I keep telling folks, but no one is listening. Yesterday (or Friday) the AP site updated TWO new features. One is the best rate program and the other is a new online booking system that gives you the discount. I tried it out and it works great. Once you're in the passholder website, go to the special room icons, either the summer ap rates, or the early fall ap rates. Click on one of them and open it. Mid way through it has a button now to click to book online for these rooms that NOW have the codes attached to them. This is different from the best rate program. It will show you what resort you can get at a ap rate. I checked for september and it showed availbility at Pop for Sept. 16-20 at the $59 a night rate. Keep in mind that you can change your room view at the bottom. It lets you book through the system. It does allow you to cancel up to 6 days without losing your deposit just like on the phone. I think that so much focus is on the new program (best rate) with their 120 day policy, non-refundable, that no one saw this other new feature....I'm excited that I can now check the resort myself.

From the reservation site:
Please apply a deposit in the amount listed below to confirm this reservation. In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 6 days prior to your arrival date.

I did the survey after we returned from our trip in April. I also answered that I would like to book on-line if I could get an AP discouonted rate. Yesterday I cancelled my original reservation and made a new reservation (ASMo 10/28-11/6) on-line using the Passholder Best Rate Program. I am now waiting to find out what the best rate will be. Currently it is the rack rate.

n2mm said:
But you can book your discount online now. I keep telling folks, but no one is listening. Yesterday (or Friday) the AP site updated TWO new features. One is the best rate program and the other is a new online booking system that gives you the discount. I tried it out and it works great. Once you're in the passholder website, go to the special room icons, either the summer ap rates, or the early fall ap rates. Click on one of them and open it. Mid way through it has a button now to click to book online for these rooms that NOW have the codes attached to them. This is different from the best rate program. It will show you what resort you can get at a ap rate. I checked for september and it showed availbility at Pop for Sept. 16-20 at the $59 a night rate. Keep in mind that you can change your room view at the bottom. It lets you book through the system. It does allow you to cancel up to 6 days without losing your deposit just like on the phone. I think that so much focus is on the new program (best rate) with their 120 day policy, non-refundable, that no one saw this other new feature....I'm excited that I can now check the resort myself.

From the reservation site:
Please apply a deposit in the amount listed below to confirm this reservation. In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 6 days prior to your arrival date.

I believe you and do understand! The first thing I did after reading all of the threads was log-on to the AP website to try it out. However, my Christmas dates are not available as of yet. I would have until August 19 for my 120 day window. I will keep checking the AP website. If I get a discount great and if I don't that's okay. I just will not renew my AP because if they still offer MYW plus dining in 2006 that will be the best package for me and my DD9 (should I say DD10).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter