Surprising my mom with a trip to WDW...

InNeverlandWithPan

I never want to grow up!
Hey everyone!

My mom has never been to WDW (I have been 11 times) and every time I am taking a trip there she comments about how much she hopes to go someday. I had always been hesitant to bring her because she has always been pretty unhealthy and I knew it would be super hard on her to be on the go like that so so many days in a row.

Late last year she decided she was tired of being as immobile as she was and started taking a walk every morning. First for 10 mins, then 15, 20... etc. Now, only about 4 months later, she has completed her first 5K and is signed up for another one in a few weeks - plus she's dropped close to 60lbs. I am so beyond excited and proud, and I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate than to finally take her to my #1 happy place.

I have booked us 6 nights at Pop Century, 9/12 - 9/18. There's a chance I will change over to a different resort, but Pop really is my home away from home (my husband and I stayed in the new room last Nov - SO IN LOVE). It will just be my mom and I, and I am so ecstatic to get to show her the ropes. Her and I have not had a trip together -with others or just the 2 of us- for about 13 years so this is long overdue.

She has no idea yet - her birthday is on June 5th and I plan to surprise her then. I'm not sure how I will keep it from her for the next 3 months but I am going to try my best! For the reveal, I want to give her a Disney gift card along with a WDW first visit button. Would anyone on these boards happen to have an extra button laying around they would be willing to part with? I would gladly pay you for shipping it! I am located in California.

Just had to share my excitement... I'm hoping posting about the trip on the boards here will help keep me from spilling to beans to her too early.

Keeping a surprise of my own! Booked a Christmas trip to Aulani for my 4 kids (21,20,19,17) and DH. No, I did not tell him either! Be strong! We can keep these amazing secrets! You only have a few more days. Did you get your pin for her? I am still working on my reveal for my family. Please post her reaction!

How exciting!!!! Yay, for your Mom, what a wonderful accomplishment, she's my hero! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter