Surprising My Mom... I think.

Reese

DIS Veteran
We are planning on giving the kids a trip for Christmas (we'll be going in January). My mother has started dropping hints about coming. She's been off work for a year now and has been fighting works health insurance for just about as long. She has had Bell's Palsy and the MRI has shown she's had multiple TIA's. So she really can't afford to go and neither can we. DH does a paper route every morning to save for our trip. So we were thinking of picking up an extra one so we can afford to take her with us.

My worry is she hates crowds. She gets really claustrophobic when in them. I'm hoping that with us going in Jan it shouldn't be to much of an issue. Her best friend passed away from cancer last year and they had been planning a trip to WDW together with their hubby's. I don't want to have a disgruntled Dad but he doesn't like to go places. Also I'm afraid of my In-Laws getting their nose out of joint if we take her. They probably wouldn't since we are all very close. We all go out together often both Mom and MIL will hang out together without us.

Has anyone done this and how has it worked out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter