Surprise Trip to The Fort!

Main Street Matilda

Mouseketeer
Because only people who love the Fort (as we do) can appreciate this - we just booked a surprise trip to the Fort with our teenage children. We're taking a cruise this year so we planned to do WDW next year which is what our grown and nearly grown teens expect. However, we really wanted to take them to F&W so we booked a 4 day trip for October - but aren't telling them.

We are pretending to go to a campground in Myrtle Beach and since they sleep and watch movies in the back of the motor home most of the trip - and we do a good deal of our driving overnight - we aren't telling them where we are until we pull up the gates.

When they were children, I never tried to surprise them because the anticipation was part of the fun. Since they're older, I think I can pull this off!

Because only people who love the Fort (as we do) can appreciate this - we just booked a surprise trip to the Fort with our teenage children. We're taking a cruise this year so we planned to do WDW next year which is what our grown and nearly grown teens expect. However, we really wanted to take them to F&W so we booked a 4 day trip for October - but aren't telling them.

We are pretending to go to a campground in Myrtle Beach and since they sleep and watch movies in the back of the motor home most of the trip - and we do a good deal of our driving overnight - we aren't telling them where we are until we pull up the gates.

When they were children, I never tried to surprise them because the anticipation was part of the fun. Since they're older, I think I can pull this off!

Love this!

I am intending to purchase an RV within the next 12-18 months.. my daughter wants a class C or A so that she can nap if need be during the trip. I will say that she is the first to fall asleep on any road trip and in fact, any trip longer than 5 min in the car! ;)

You are right, the excitement of watching the kids' (in our case GK) anticipation for our FW trip is probably the best part of the whole planning process.

That's great - we are doing a very similar thing. We were there last fall and the kids thought it was our last trip for a couple of years. We are going to be in TN this summer, however, and will still have active AP's, so we are getting in the truck to 'head home,' and wondering when the kids will figure out that driving home to WI from TN wouldn't take you through GA! I've bet my wife we will get into FL before I run out of ways to convince them it's a scenic route home!

Have a blast!

Good to hear, and surprise trips to Disney are always great things!

Good plan, Matilda! Let us know how it turns out, please.

Bama Ed

Matilda, do you want to adopt another child? Sounds great & hope they sleep until you get to the Fort!! Such great parents! If possible get at picture of the kids when they arrive at the Fort. Safe travels in October

Thanks for all the good wishes! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm already trying to figure out how to video the kids without them realizing what we are doing. Only my husband and I know about this because I have an extended family full of people who can't keep a secret - so I needed to share here.

Love this! usually it's people with young kids who do surprise trips. I think it's awesome that you're surprising your teens:car:
I always wanted to surprise my daughter but there's just no way I can keep my trap shut:ssst::joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!