Surprise the Teens or Not?

VKtravel

Always Trying to Create Magic Behind the Scenes
Okay teens, I need help here. We are taking our teen daughters to Disney and Universal for Christmas break and they don't know it yet. We went to Disney World when they were 6 and 4 which they knew about (but now don't remember) and the Disney Cruise when they were 9 and 7 which was a total surprise. Now that they are 15 and 13 we are heading back but wondering if we should tell them early or surprise them the week before we leave. What do you think? Would you wan to be surprised or know early so you can help with the planning?

TIA
A Confused Mom

As someone who has been on both ends, I would say tell them. Helping plan the trip is part of the fun, however, you could do a bit of both and tell them around Thanksgiving or beginning of December, that way they don't have too long to wait and they can also help with restaurants and whatnot.

Thanks a bunch! I think I will take your advice. Overheard daughter saying last night that she was planning a sleepover with friends during the holiday break. Don't want her to have to break any plans.

I agree!!! Im not a teen, but I am a mom of a teen and a pre-teen. We are going in December and I have had it booked for almost a year. I told them about it and they were excited at first, then it was like meh, idc....now that its a month away, they are getting more and more excited about it. The planning with them is the best part. my son was 3 the last time we went, so he dont remember much. He is now 11 and very much into planning what we do and he is as excited as me. So yea, tell them and let them help you plan and have fun!!!

Okay teens, I need help here. We are taking our teen daughters to Disney and Universal for Christmas break and they don't know it yet. We went to Disney World when they were 6 and 4 which they knew about (but now don't remember) and the Disney Cruise when they were 9 and 7 which was a total surprise. Now that they are 15 and 13 we are heading back but wondering if we should tell them early or surprise them the week before we leave. What do you think? Would you wan to be surprised or know early so you can help with the planning?

TIA
A Confused Mom
As a teen, I'd say... it depends on your teen. Personally, I like helping my parents plan our trips, so I would be a little bummed to miss that part. Also, it could be stress-inducing to pull them away from responsibilities unexpectedly, especially if they have work, sports, or will be missing school. If you want the best of both worlds, surprise them with a trip ahead of time and let them help prepare! My family did that for me and I appreciated it greatly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!