Surprise Disney Road Trip Hints (and Tips?)

allthenuggets

Earning My Ears
We've been telling the kiddo (9 year old - turning 10 during this trip) that we're planning a trip to Chattanooga, which is about 5 hours from our starting destination, and Rock City would be a great place to get out and get a little exercise. We aren't telling him that this is just a stop and not the final destination.

I think he's bright enough to figure out that we aren't exactly turning around and heading right back home, so I'd like to give him some hints or little prizes along the way that might get him thinking, without completely giving it away. I'm planning to give him a road map, so he can at least trace our route and might be able to get some ideas based on that.

We're planning to stop somewhere past Atlanta (I'm hoping to make it to Vadosta) and the next morning we have some fun matching Disney shirts that explicitly state "We're going to Disney World", so that's when I would like to fully reveal/confirm the surprise.

Any other ideas, or help in coming up with some hints?

This is the first time we've driven to Florida before (previous road trips have been about 6 - 7 hours, and this one is more than double that!), so any suggestions about driving long distances with a kid would be appreciated as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter