Surprise…I’ll Be Home For Christmas! Trip Video Updated 4/17

Eating Like A Skipper

After a great tour we had some time to kill before we had to head over to our lunch reservation. We headed back to main street to shop a little bit and to wait for the drizzling rain to make a stop. We all picked up one thing or another before we became un lost from one another while browsing through the emporium.
The rain stopped, we headed for the castle for a quick picture and then we headed over to adventureland.

47294228601_36ebda6b8d.jpg

Today we were trying out a restaurant I have been wanting to try since it was announced, the Skipper Canteen.

33418611818_8a9e237828.jpg

We checked in and waited maybe 5 minutes before we were headed to our table.
We passed through the mess hall and were placed in the Falls Family Parlor which was one of the small side rooms.

32352512967_349d58e4ed.jpg

Like I perviously said I’m a sucker for details and back stories. So this was a big reason why I wanted to eat here. I’ve heard mixed things about the food here, which was the main reason it took me so long to get here.

46571086644_00007b029c.jpg

32352512947_8199025fa0.jpg

32352512507_e572b20305.jpg

32352512927_6c8fd043ae.jpg

The theming was great and I enjoyed the meal.
Erin and I went with the Dr. Falls' Signature Grilled Steak while kiss went with the pork option.

46571086754_a5aaf29e91.jpg

But the real winner was the dessert, the Kungaloosh! An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew- Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust

32352512297_8d7b2c0ff8.jpg

After a great meal we decided to head back to the resort for a quick nap before we headed over to studios for the night. The nap was much needed but trying to get me up after a nap is never fun. While I would have loved to call it a night right then and there, we had some birthday plans for Kiss. So we were off to Studios for the rest of the night.
Before even getting into the park we were all confused on our long walk from the bus stop. Then we realized the walls came down and we were walking on the very new walk way.

46578972404_a3a69f5072.jpg

47249771472_75464d7827.jpg

First things first, TSM Fps.

47249770902_976537fd28.jpg

Still working on getting that 200,000…

46387292175_a881b78a16.jpg

After TSM we headed to Kiss’s request for his birthday, it was actually just a request for the trip. Once we got back from our July trip he came up to me and asked if I knew what we forgot to do on that trip…it was his only request (but apparently forgot about it in July) and that would be Baseline tap house.
So we headed over to the deserted area of studios and enjoyed a muggy night

46578968284_d2f7cb91c5.jpg

47249772272_e9de05d663.jpg

Kiss enjoyed the new addition to the park, the only thing we could see a problem with with the tap house it the limited inside seating. For December sitting outside was great but I don’t think it would be nice in the summer.
After the quick time spent at baseline we still had time before our other two fps. This was our time to find something for dinner. I knew I wanted to go to Woody’s lunchbox for the tots, so we headed back to the busy land.
As we waited for our food to be ready, I enjoyed the life size babybels because who doesn’t love cheese?!

32372034227_7efdbeff91.jpg

Erin wasn’t feeling like anything to eat here so we took our dinner out of TSL and over to backlot express so she could get some nuggets.
The loaded tots and the adult lemonade is a 10 out of 10 meal

46590681394_ba78bac77b.jpg

It was very dead inside backlot today so finding a table wasn’t hard. We ended up sitting near the window so we could watch the little jedis perform outside.

After dinner we had RnR fps. because apparently its a good idea to do that right after we ate.
“It must be nice to have Washington on your side”

46590680844_59668d1a0c.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Attack of the Country Bears

We made it out alive and found some room to breathe in frontierland. There we found a treat trail….this isn’t halloween so we found the cookie stops? Golden Horseshoe had the ginger molasses which is what I was here for…and the snickerdoodles. The last party I went to was a spur of the moment trip with Erin back in 2015, she got to experience Disney with me and for some reason still agrees to come with me. Well back then we did collect all the cookies, which we just the snickerdoodles and I brought zip lock bags since this year was the start of the individually wrapped cookies.
I was still in denial that this wasn’t halloween so we treated the cookie stops as treat trails and kept getting back in line. Plus along with the cookies at this stop we also grabbed some go go squeeze applesauces. I’m a child? Apparently because I enjoy them.

46447827284_c242221e53.jpg

While Erin and I got back in line kiss wanted to go get his spicy yule log over at Pecos. And after another round or two we headed over to meet him. We got to Pecos to find a sad Kiss, they were sold out of the yule log…how? who knows but they were. And this was a snack he was talking about since the christmas treats were announced, so it was a major buzz kill.
There was no reason to stay at Pecos, so we headed next store to get some treats at Tortuga. This was a hoppin line. Everyone seemed to want their snowman pretzel and snow cone. Me on the other hand could do without both, I’m not a big pretzel fan and I didn’t know if I wanted to have a blue mouth for the rest of the night. While we were waiting in line, the guy behind us goes “That’s a good idea, they are like trick or treating” You best believe I’m going to get my moneys worth in cookies.
When we got up to the front of the line I grabbed 2 pretzels (both for Erin) and I for some reason got the snow cone, didn’t really want it but apparently I have no self control. But what I can say is that the snow cone was blue, but didn't stain your mouth because it was very watered down. Heres to some “free” ice chips to eat.

46447827264_2ba4f2bee5.jpg

After Tortuga, Kiss asked if we could head to Sleepy hallow so he could get a backup snack, the red velvet waffle sundae. So we headed over to liberty square on our way over they were getting ready for the second parade. But the best part was that the country bears were out and Big Al was directing traffic.

47119591052_d864ae6685.jpg

Then next thing I know Liver Lips is behind us. Erin had a handful of pretzels and all he wanted was one. Erin was unimpressed with him being so close that she just made a mad dash through frontier land. Liver lips chased her from Pecos all the way to the edge of Liberty square and frontierland. And by the end of it Erin didn’t want anything to do with the country bears ever again.

47119590982_ba4febe028.jpg

We found our way back to Erin and left the country bear infested frontier land and went to sleepy hallow. It took FOREVER for kiss to get his sundae but he seemed to enjoy it.

33296137058_9da37836b0.jpg

We officially had only an hour left of the party…let the games begin!

32229563767_40847e46a2.jpg

First stop Pinocchio’s, this had every cookie, so you could get 4 cookies in one round. This was the jackpot we went to each line which was maybe 6? and the best part was that you could ask for specific cookies. Kiss thought we were crazy for how many times we went through each time. And by the end of our Pinocchio run we could have probably opened up our own window and hand out cookies. Next we headed across the way to get some dove chocolate, they were kind of stingy at this location. so we maybe did it twice before moving on.
With a lack of chocolate in our bags, we headed over to tomorrowland. We found ourselves at Club Tinsel. And while there weren’t many people here this club was bumpin. They had 2 elves and 2 polar bears dancing like manics and it was very entertaining to just sit back and watch. But were we really for club tinsel? Nah we were here for cocoa and cookies. So with the cookies in hand, we were off to space.

32229563617_6f49be3fdc.jpg

The perfect representation of how the whole night went.

33296165898_db72321495.jpg

Now space was a walk on which is always nice. And tonight we got to see the new walkway at the end. I thought this would be so much better than walking outside around the building from the back and over the train tracks like over the summer. I was wrong, the walk after getting off the ride is extreme and a big reason why we didn’t jump in line again.
Instead we headed back to Pinocchio’s for Erin. She was in the mood to collect more cookies but by this point we were just getting cookies to get them. The cookie line was out side now and we weren’t willing to wait for that. So instead we decided to call it a night.
All I wanted was dream light castle pics but there was still another castle show to end the party but I didn’t want to stay and wait for that. So that was a bummer.

33296135888_2574fa061f.jpg

We took our bag full of cookies and headed out of the kingdom. It was fun but I’m ready for halloween now.

33296137068_ca67fe1616.jpg

We caught the bus back to Movies and Erin practically took off on a full sprint to the room and passed out.
Tomorrow we had an Early morning, It was Kiss’s birthday and we had a date with some very popular ghosts!

continue to next post
Attack of the Country Bears

We made it out alive and found some room to breathe in frontierland. There we found a treat trail….this isn’t halloween so we found the cookie stops? Golden Horseshoe had the ginger molasses which is what I was here for…and the snickerdoodles. The last party I went to was a spur of the moment trip with Erin back in 2015, she got to experience Disney with me and for some reason still agrees to come with me. Well back then we did collect all the cookies, which we just the snickerdoodles and I brought zip lock bags since this year was the start of the individually wrapped cookies.
I was still in denial that this wasn’t halloween so we treated the cookie stops as treat trails and kept getting back in line. Plus along with the cookies at this stop we also grabbed some go go squeeze applesauces. I’m a child? Apparently because I enjoy them.

46447827284_c242221e53.jpg

While Erin and I got back in line kiss wanted to go get his spicy yule log over at Pecos. And after another round or two we headed over to meet him. We got to Pecos to find a sad Kiss, they were sold out of the yule log…how? who knows but they were. And this was a snack he was talking about since the christmas treats were announced, so it was a major buzz kill.
There was no reason to stay at Pecos, so we headed next store to get some treats at Tortuga. This was a hoppin line. Everyone seemed to want their snowman pretzel and snow cone. Me on the other hand could do without both, I’m not a big pretzel fan and I didn’t know if I wanted to have a blue mouth for the rest of the night. While we were waiting in line, the guy behind us goes “That’s a good idea, they are like trick or treating” You best believe I’m going to get my moneys worth in cookies.
When we got up to the front of the line I grabbed 2 pretzels (both for Erin) and I for some reason got the snow cone, didn’t really want it but apparently I have no self control. But what I can say is that the snow cone was blue, but didn't stain your mouth because it was very watered down. Heres to some “free” ice chips to eat.

46447827264_2ba4f2bee5.jpg

After Tortuga, Kiss asked if we could head to Sleepy hallow so he could get a backup snack, the red velvet waffle sundae. So we headed over to liberty square on our way over they were getting ready for the second parade. But the best part was that the country bears were out and Big Al was directing traffic.

47119591052_d864ae6685.jpg

Then next thing I know Liver Lips is behind us. Erin had a handful of pretzels and all he wanted was one. Erin was unimpressed with him being so close that she just made a mad dash through frontier land. Liver lips chased her from Pecos all the way to the edge of Liberty square and frontierland. And by the end of it Erin didn’t want anything to do with the country bears ever again.

47119590982_ba4febe028.jpg

We found our way back to Erin and left the country bear infested frontier land and went to sleepy hallow. It took FOREVER for kiss to get his sundae but he seemed to enjoy it.

33296137058_9da37836b0.jpg

We officially had only an hour left of the party…let the games begin!

32229563767_40847e46a2.jpg

First stop Pinocchio’s, this had every cookie, so you could get 4 cookies in one round. This was the jackpot we went to each line which was maybe 6? and the best part was that you could ask for specific cookies. Kiss thought we were crazy for how many times we went through each time. And by the end of our Pinocchio run we could have probably opened up our own window and hand out cookies. Next we headed across the way to get some dove chocolate, they were kind of stingy at this location. so we maybe did it twice before moving on.
With a lack of chocolate in our bags, we headed over to tomorrowland. We found ourselves at Club Tinsel. And while there weren’t many people here this club was bumpin. They had 2 elves and 2 polar bears dancing like manics and it was very entertaining to just sit back and watch. But were we really for club tinsel? Nah we were here for cocoa and cookies. So with the cookies in hand, we were off to space.

32229563617_6f49be3fdc.jpg

The perfect representation of how the whole night went.

33296165898_db72321495.jpg

Now space was a walk on which is always nice. And tonight we got to see the new walkway at the end. I thought this would be so much better than walking outside around the building from the back and over the train tracks like over the summer. I was wrong, the walk after getting off the ride is extreme and a big reason why we didn’t jump in line again.
Instead we headed back to Pinocchio’s for Erin. She was in the mood to collect more cookies but by this point we were just getting cookies to get them. The cookie line was out side now and we weren’t willing to wait for that. So instead we decided to call it a night.
All I wanted was dream light castle pics but there was still another castle show to end the party but I didn’t want to stay and wait for that. So that was a bummer.

33296135888_2574fa061f.jpg

We took our bag full of cookies and headed out of the kingdom. It was fun but I’m ready for halloween now.

33296137068_ca67fe1616.jpg

We caught the bus back to Movies and Erin practically took off on a full sprint to the room and passed out.
Tomorrow we had an Early morning, It was Kiss’s birthday and we had a date with some very popular ghosts!

continue to next post
The attack of the Country Bears!!

Special Meet Special Greet

After dinner we headed over to sunset boulevard, but stopped for a quick photo pass because we can never walk passed one.

40375795693_e561740488.jpg

Then it was time for us to get over to an Aerosmith concert.

When we got to Sunset, the Sunset seasons greetings was starting. We stopped to watch it for probably a minute and kept walking. I knew this was on a constant loop for the rest of the night so it was’t going to go anywhere.

47341090861_6c11dfe277.jpg

After RnR we left Erin behind to relax while we hit up the ToT. When we go in line we were scared to see the FP backed up like crazy. But then we learned that only one side was up and running and that was the reason we were so backed up.
While we waited we had the Greetings show to watch from below, and then the rain started…

32398970447_73cd5d7e42.jpg

We finally got inside the lobby and were ushered to the only opened library. The CM waiting for us inside was really feeling his job tonight and that’s all I’m ever asking when coming to this attraction. While the group inside with us all tried to watch the show he was just walking around and would stand close to someone and just stare. Then like any good CM would do when the lights went out he ran and stood in front of another guest….who freaked out.

40375795743_aa2ba0992a.jpg

Afterwards we found Erin watching youtube videos outside of the Fantasmic entrance. Apparently the seasons greetings got boring/annoying the more you kept watching the loop.

47290690822_ce94b0cb13.jpg

46617590384_acb1b52ef4.jpg

My original plan for tonight was to stay and watch Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam since I have never watched the projection/firework show at studios since the frozen one during my program. But that plan changed fairly quickly when Alish asked if we wanted a special meet special greet at Fantasmic that night.
I told Brittany about the meet and greet so she wanted in, so before we could get in we had to wait for her to come to studios. While we waited for Brittany I decided to go on the hunt for a churro. I do love me a churro but the price is a little extreme. Thank god for snack credits.

46425993655_c924911461.jpg

Brittany was on her way and we waited and dealt with the snoap.

46425994915_4044fc6393.jpg

47288387962_8689523b6c.jpg

Brittany arrived and we made our way into Fantasmic. When we got to the FP scan Alish told me to tell them we were there for VIP and to give the name. Wow so official. We got seated in the deserted VIP section right in the middle and not being squished in the crowds and having the bench in front of us to put our feet on was a real luxury.
Maybe 10-15 minutes before it started raining…great. Then once again Kiss or Brittany brought any rain gear. So lets use Sam’s handy dandy poncho as an umbrella.

46617590674_990f30803b.jpg

Fantasmic went on and luckily the rain stopped fairly quickly. Good show like always.
At the end Alish said I had to go to the gate all the way to the left at the bottom. So we decided to get a move on during the best part of the entire show AKA mickey and the fireworks. We did this because if we didn’t we would have to try and fight everyone exiting to go the opposite way.
We waited at the gate for some time, we thought we were at the wrong spot but I did what I was told. Then there were 2 other people there as well and we thought we were in the right spot. However the girl was just trying to catch pokemon. And as she was leaning over the railing with her phone my stomach dropped, but you catch that pokemon girl just don’t drop your phone.
Another family came to the gate to wait for us. We saw the characters exciting the boat and I go “I hope Moana is there” cause that could be cool to meet her. Then we saw a group headed our way. A manager came to get us, and we saw them all standing there. We let the other group go first, which was quick. The pokemon girl came back and was told she couldn’t be back there and she asked them to take her phone to catch the pokemon. Cute.
My girl Tiana was there, sorry Poca but we all know my love for Tiana. This was the best interaction with Mickey and I loved him even more.

47288390592_5ec22b4885.jpg

And sometimes you just need to get a picture with mickey on your birthday.

46425994855_938fbc0127.jpg

32401655607_10584d57c7.jpg

It was a magical end to our night at hollywood studios.

46425994105_6c41b3b294.jpg

Brittany was kind enough to drive us back to the resort, the only problem was trying to find her car (but when is it never a problem?) And this time we couldn’t help find her car because she just got a new one. It was quite the walk but we found her new space car and “enjoyed” the struggle of leaving a park at closing. With the help of Baby JC we made it out in one piece and got to the resort fairly quickly.
However Alish seemed to beat us, she was wondering around the wrong section of the resort because she didn’t know we switched sections. We all met in the food court and everyone grabbed a snack.
We spent so long just catching up. Brittany just bought a house, Alish was going on a cruise next month, when they were both getting married, and then we got on the topic of setting up the meet and greet. Apparently there are some rules to which characters can do the special meet and greets. I brought up Moana, but apparently because you can’t meet her anywhere she can’t do those special meets either. She could but she can’t be with any other characters and you can’t post those photos. Same with John Smith. Mickey Mouse was actually in his fancy sparkly robe from doing the finale with fireworks but had to change outfits for the meet.
Once everyone was done eating we took the party back to the room. They both were shocked with how classy and nice the new rooms were. First things first was giving Alish her suitcase full of presents as well as give Brittany her christmas gift.
We laid around for a solid hour just talking, the biggest topic of discussion was how they miss vacationing to disney. They miss staying at a resort and not just meeting up with us when we are there. Then they both attacked me for texting them the night before we got there. I’m sorry I’m pretty sure I told them back in July when we left the last time that we would be back in December. Not to mention I asked both of them to do a staycation with us on our July trip but they didn’t want to pay for it since they lived there.
So we discussed a vacation with all of us again, disney, cruise, disney cruise? Which only brought us back to our Disney cruise we took together when we snuck on the DVC members cruise and when Brittany died on pelican plunge thanks to the salt water.
So while we have no plans to do a cruise anytime soon. We do have a staycation booked for them and I am super excited because its been A LONG TIME since a “Yolo” trip.
They both left around 11, and while we were all tired and had to get up early once again tomorrow. We stayed up a little longer for some holiday face mask roomie bonding.

47340989941_b9c6870c18.jpg

Tomorrow we would be joining in on what I like to call the Pandora 5K to Flight of passage

continue to next post

Last edited:

Great update! Wait, Brittany and Alish are both engaged? That's exciting.
Not exactly, they would rather me ask them more about when they are getting married rather then me asking them to start having babies. Plus I wouldn't mind partying at a wedding reception. But right now, no engagements.

A Quiet Morning At AK

This morning there was EMHs at AK, so we were out of the room by 7 to join the Pandora crowds bright and early. I am in no means a early bird but when it comes to being able to go on Flight of passage as a walk on its worth running with the bulls bright and early.

33505920618_cfc576350d.jpg

They started letting the crowds start entering “Early” just a little before 8. And thats when the Pandora 5K starts, its funny to watch guests who think a slow jog is going to get them farther in life. One guy next to us was mocking everyone trying to beat the crowds by saying “If I power walk I can get there 30 seconds sooner”

47329213512_c93274b440.jpg

We didn’t have to run to get on the ride, nor try to be the first ones on the ride. And yet we still were able to walk right on.

32440429537_3c2737eff0.jpg

47329213502_3242752485.jpg

The park opened at 8…and we walked off the ride at 8:10. So while we might have gotten into the park a little bit early, it was still worth waking up early. I got seated next to a family who was riding for the first time, and their reactions were everything! The kids were shouting “I’m going to die” and I thought I was going to die from laughter.
After Flight we decided to go check out the other side of the park, which is always dead in the morning. While we headed over to Dinoland we saw that the flight line was now outside of Pandora and almost to the tree of life. Now 10 minutes into park opening it was probably just backed up with CM trying to open the actual queue, so maybe not as bad as it looks but I wouldn’t be jumping in that line.
Dinoland was deserted, and this is a big perk if your willing to go to morning EMHs. Having the park basically to yourself is never a bad thing.

46658947394_142e9eb361.jpg

32440429827_7ef6dca625.jpg

47382094181_5d40e5c5d9.jpg

Today we had our own viewing room for half the show before more guests started filing in. So thats always fun. Then we were shocked when there was no one waiting for time rovers.

47329213372_7486a05c43.jpg

46658945074_dba064e165.jpg

Dinosaur was so unpopular today that the car in front of us was able to re-ride. The guests on the car however were so indecisive about re riding that the doors open and more guests started filing in that our car didn’t that option.
With no re ride in our future we headed back into Dinoland and enjoyed their random christmas decorations.

32440430407_7c1c3251e3.jpg

47382094831_258281b7e0.jpg

33505921228_763542fd6f.jpg

We didn’t spend too much time here before we kept on moving, next stop Everest.
It was still early enough into the morning where Everest was basically a walk on.

47329420332_0f78d78638.jpg

And because it was a walk on the first time we decided to try our luck again. As we walked the queue I quickly changed our Fps for the rest of the day. We had FotLK for an hour later since I didn’t original know about the EMHs, but since we got everything done we decided to go to the first showing instead. So I quickly changed those Fps and then we were off again to see a Yeti.

33531872228_debf9298cb.jpg

We then headed off to Harambe, on the way over there we saw the new addition outside of the bird show and the stones are super cute.

46492586685_70fdaca9e2.jpg

We got to the theater before we could even start scanning in to get in line. So we created a line outside of the FP scanner. But the perks of getting there early is being the first ones in for the FP line and hopefully that means we get some good seats.

46492586635_7faa33883b.jpg

46492585445_def5e85b87.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:

The park opened at 8…and we walked off the ride at 8:10. So while we might have gotten into the park a little bit early, it was still worth waking up early. I got seated next to a family who was riding for the first time, and their reactions were everything! The kids were shouting “I’m going to die” and I thought I was going to die from laughter.
I love sitting near people who are experience FoP for the first time! That and Soarin! Just so cool to hear their astonished expressions!

We're Following the Leader

We got some great seats and like always the show was great. The best part was high fiving some tumble monkeys.

46523123705_de970dc0ef.jpg

32496596347_0dc82c6dfe.jpg

46523122805_869148f414.jpg

At the end of the show before they would let us up from the bleachers they were telling everyone that it was currently raining outside. So if we had any rain gear to pull it out now and put it on before we headed out into the park.
It might have been raining harder when the show was going on but when we got outside it was a very light drizzle and it was pointless for a poncho. But there we were walking in our plastic over to Pandora for lunch.

33562357498_65777dfd33.jpg

The canteen is a must do for Erin, its one of the very few things she asks me to put on the list while I plan out the rest of the trip. This trip was a bit different, since a couple weeks before our trip was when they changed the menu, goodbye rice hello noodles. We were willing to try out the new menu because you honestly hates noodles?
Both Erin and I got the chicken noodle bowl, I also went with the Pandora special green beer, mostly because its green and I have been intrigued by it since it first opened. Probably was going to hate it, then the CM gave me the 22oz and knew I was going to regret it and should have went with the sangria. But when on the dining plan I guess I am thankful she gave me the bigger size.

33562357508_81f4c089bb.jpg

The noodles were ok, next time I would go with the rice and beans base option instead though. The rice pairs better with that delicious herb dressing. The green beer, was better than I expected.
Kiss went with the beef bowl with the red and sweet potato base which he loves.

47385609862_909c6889b3.jpg

After lunch we strolled through Pandora…

33562335618_bc17bb9b64.jpg

32496609207_1536e56079.jpg

We waited in line for a photo pass photo with the floating mountains, but unfortunately we got another families photo instead.
Although we just finished eating, apparently it wasn’t enough for Erin and Kiss. Because our next stop was Pizzafari. How they could possibly eat anymore beats me, but they did.
They both used a snack credit for some garlic knots. Its a great snack credit option for how much you get, but thats just it they give you so many.

They both managed to finish their snacks, which I;m not at all surprised.
Before we left AK, we had one last FP for Everest, so it was back to the back of the park for us.

As we were leaving Pizzafari I made Erin lead the way to Everest. This is the park she can’t for some reason seem to navigate. How? Who knows because its basically just a circle. But she started heading in the wrong direction, she quickly learned it was the wrong way when I refused to follow her. We somehow managed to get there in a good amount of time.

After everest we had enough time to head back to the resort before we needed to head off to our dinner reservation for the night.
I was again made Erin lead us to the exit. She took us the longest way from Everest. This time I didn’t stop in my tracks and let her lead. She took us all the way to Dinoland….And as I followed, I took the part of the whinny kid saying how I just want to go home. But don’t we all just love a good scenic route.

We found the Tree of Life, and before we left the park I made a pit stop to buy my favorite popcorn. Churro popcorn was purchased and photo pass photos were taken.

We finally said goodbye to AK for this trip and headed back to the resort around 12:30.

Once getting back to the room we took a solid hour nap. Then we got ready for the night and headed off to my favorite place on property!

continue to next post

Last edited:
Holiday Hoop!

Tonight we were going to Hoop Dee Doo…my dinner choice for this trip. I was here for holiday hoop because I regretted never making it here during my DCP. Alish always talked about how they switch the regular solo songs into christmas songs and who doesn’t want to experience that?
Tonight was dedicated to Fort Wilderness (and can we all tell that I planned this whole night because this is my favorite place on property) So we had reservations for the first Hoop show. Originally we were going to rent a golf cart for the night because after dinner we were going to go around and look at the christmas decorations, followed by the famous campfire sing along. We decided not to get the golf cart, but did follow up with decorations and the campfire, but that will come later.
First we had to get to Fort wilderness, so we took a bus to MK and a boat over to Fort.
“Oh theres no place like home for the holidays”…those words have never became so true to me before.

46758169164_5c506671e8.jpg

Like always we got there early, which left us time to browse the trading post.
Luckily no Fort merchandise was screaming out too me, so we left and hung out with the crowds to sign into Hoop.

47428663512_5c40586e7b.jpg

46566262735_ea08ca3085.jpg

46566273785_3316679864.jpg

We signed in and the jumped in line for the photo pass photo

46758168764_286725b060.jpg

Then we found a spot to relax until we could get into the hall. As we sat on a curb nearby a small wee child came running up to Erin, knelt down and goes “My mother has that color on her toes” The dad was HORRIFIED and took him away. I thought it was super cute.
As we waited I searched where our table was…table 31. Then it was time to go in, Table 31 was a nice location. I approved.

40515515343_98e75f4c4d.jpg

It wasn’t long until our waiter came to us and we started chugging down sangria to get our moneys worth. Although the white sangria is literally water, super chuggable, but honestly probably just water.

47428670092_a458d20aea.jpg

46758166004_c9054da85f.jpg

Food at HDD is great, always a 10 out of 10, stuffed to the max.

46566267115_c4008953ba.jpg

32539534677_543674f11b.jpg

But what I’m really here for is the mac and cheese and corn bread. The mac and cheese is on the child’s menu, so you have to ask if you don’t have a child. I do this every time but today our waiter said he had to check if there was any left. But sir I know you share a kitchen with Trails end right next door which has unlimited mac and cheese.

46758184504_e772c994e4.jpg

My love for Hoop had been a solid 24 years in the making, and while not much has changed except the theme song and the corn, it still never gets old for me.

47428670512_c8fc600eed.jpg

The show was great, new cast (which it might be sad that I know this…)

46574183375_bbaca2a620.jpg

33612822038_179607e8e0.jpg

46574183065_db21b495b7.jpg

33612820598_e52ff89ca0.jpg

46766141044_87b184225a.jpg

40523469483_03512380a8.jpg

40523468433_4c2725bb92.jpg

During on of the down times, six bits came over to our table. He noticed Kiss’s phone case which is the adventures club one. He asked if we have ever been there, we can only wish. He told us how is Uncle use to work there and then taught kiss the handshake (and when he walked away kiss goes “I already knew it”)
At the end we finished with the famous strawberry shortcake, which I always feel rushed to eat.

46566273435_0f9bb50e2a.jpg

And just like that the show was over. Christmas hoop was a nice change, except the only downfall is that there is no napkin twirling, but don’t worry I think that our table was the only one to create our own time to do it.
After getting out of Hoop we headed right next door to fill up our mugs with some hot chocolate and made our way into the resort itself. Hot chocolate and a night of christmas decorations was next on the things to do.

continue to next post

Last edited:
Fueling My Fort Obsession

Tonight we decided to just bite the bullet and walk the resort…but honestly thats one of my favorite things to do in Disney. I’m a sucker for a good leisurely walk around the campground, theres something about walking around this resort at night, its just peaceful and its a nice change from the crowded parks.
We didn’t have a plan going into our holiday decoration walk, we hit the loops that we saw lights and blowups. Its a very hit or miss kind of game. Some people go all out and others are bare.

32539532967_27cf293118.jpg

47428662692_cf67d34bf8.jpg

47428663042_5c019af6f7.jpg

46758184494_b707a873e5.jpg

46758184604_cdf45b2f1b.jpg

32568554447_45bf654e10.jpg

Maybe 10 minutes into our walk, Erin started raving about how cute this place was and then started questioning me on why we never stayed here before. And at that moment maybe just maybe she was understanding why I love this resort so much.
As we made our way further into the grounds a little girl told us how we had to go to the next loop over because they had an amazing campsite. So we took her word for it and decided to go check it out. That’s when we saw the BEST site in all of fort wilderness.

32539534827_1a56cfcbfd.jpg

46758166344_a4a229c9cc.jpg

This was a full on cinderella’s carriage and castle! Now let’s not forget that this are just ordinary guests visiting Disney. They created, built, and brought everything. This was on displaying right in front of their RV and all guests were welcome to sit in the carriage and go inside the castle, which had a huge chair, a glass slipper in a display case and had one of those electric fireplaces.

46566273685_5e0f31f050.jpg

No other site could beat this one. And luckily for us we had to head over to the meadows for some sing along fun! Just another reason why Fort is the best. Who doesn’t want to enjoy a good old fashion campfire sing along with Chip and Dale, eat s’mores and then watch a disney movie afterwards?!

46786927954_bb23516d50.jpg

It was a popular night to come to the campfire tonight. We found a spot in the back on the bleachers and got ready for the entertainment to come out.
Holiday overlays are always a nice change, instead of the usual campfire songs, tonight it was all about the christmas songs.

46595371725_ee38a0c3c7.jpg

46786928414_556e80f8c5.jpg

But the highlight of the night is getting a free meet and greet. You normally only get to meet chip or dale, not both. But Disney has is planned out nicely were you stay where you are and they character comes to you, no need to rush into a line.

32568554567_00e3fd7e1a.jpg

We didn’t have plans to stay for the movie, so once we got our picture we headed out and back to the settlement to catch a boat to the kingdom. Brittany and Joe were already at the park waiting for us. They originally planned to meet us at fort for some holiday decorations but when they arrived they were turned away because their was no room in the parking lot.

46786929554_4ca8b323f4.jpg

As we passed by hoop we decided to grab another photo pass photo because they had the lantern out, which was not an option for us because it was still bright out when we went.

46595371895_85ecbb732a.jpg

We headed over to the boat dock and joined the huge crowd waiting to get to MK. It was quite the wait and apparently the crowds at the park were out of control as well. Love that.
We managed to get the Mk and the first thing I needed to do was look for the country bear socks that I found in the emporium our first day. I headed straight to the socks and they were no where….so I asked a CM and he said he never saw them before.
I was a little confused, little sad, but decided to run to frontier land, because that is the only place they would for sure have them and if they weren’t there then I was out of luck. So I ran to the pin store next to country bears and they had them! So I quickly bought them and then we had to run to the other side of the park to meet up with Brittany and Joe.
Surprise, the entire hub section was blocked off for fireworks. They had hit capacity and CMs were lining any entrance to the hub AKA the middle of the park. So if you wanted to go any where you have to walk the whole park. That’s what we did and found them at people mover. Just that classic attraction to go on when you have no other ideas / not willing to wait for anything. As we were going around tomorrowland the fireworks started and Brittany said how she wanted to do the jingle cruise.
Once we got off the people mover we tried our hardest to get to the other side of the park before the fireworks ended and the crowds dispersed. It was going great, we went through the back way to main street behind buzz, Brittany pointed out where she got her reprimand on our program and we got to main street. The plan was to at least make it through the emporium, however when I looked behind me it was just Kiss…the other 3 were just chatting walking. So we didn’t make it, the crowds hit us when we got in the emporium, we did as much dodging as we could.
We lost Joe, and we hit wall right outside of Casey’s. This is what my nightmares are made out of, the christmas crowds make me want to puke and we thanked all the CMs who risk their lives to be the human wall. Another thing Brittany could relate to from our program, and thank god I never had to experience this!
We somehow made it too Jingle Cruise in one piece (joe was still missing) and we jumped in the “20 minute” line.

33634096308_fda6484742.jpg

33634096638_00b6288d47.jpg

At first the wait was great, but then we hit complete stop and it took forever for us to move. Inch by inch…which we could only thank the FP line at this point? Finally they came over the loud speaker saying the 20 minute wait turned into an hour wait. The lady behind us thought it was just a jungle cruise joke…but this time it was real.
We stayed because if you can picture the line, theres really no way to get out. Its basically single file and they have you packed in like sardines. We waited a good amount of time just to go no where, Brittany finally spoke up and voted for everyone that this was not worth the wait. So we waited for another group to give up as well and followed them out. So while I didn’t get to see any floating presents in the water it was totally fine by me.
We found Joe waiting at the exit, they both left (and I felt bad that they came out tonight just to ride the people mover) We said our goodbyes and we headed to the castle for some pics before we called it a night.

47457999852_c75d464a7f.jpg

33634096538_d93a605921.jpg

Who doesn’t love some good dream light photos.

47457999382_2f7cfd982c.jpg

32568554647_6aca939e4b.jpg

32568554197_1c9d1c11c3.jpg

32568554247_28fe795b95.jpg

We were all ready to call it a night, so goodbye magic kingdom we will see you tomorrow for our last day

33634096468_f287874e56.jpg

We followed the crowds out of the park and had the enjoyment of being a swinging thug from FoF on the bus back to the resort. The real struggle of Sam’s life and being short, so do those wrist straps do anything for me while I have to stand…nope not at all.
Once getting back to the room we had that enjoyment of packing up our room. That’s when I panically texted my sister because there was one last present that I forgot about in my carry on. And like a pro she knew what it was…and said she would come pick it up tomorrow before we leave

47458000002_313123a50e.jpg

We made a game plan for tomorrow and called it a night by midnight.

continue to next post

Last edited:
I still regret not getting a chance to see the fort decorations at Christmas time. But I got sick and lots of plans went by the wayside!

Last Morning In The Kingdom

It was our last day at the most magical place on earth and with that being said we had to pack up our lives and check our bags before we headed to the kingdom. We let ourselves sleep until 8 today, so that was a luxury. We quickly checked our bags and then it was off to the kingdom.
We arrived to the park around 9:30 and planned to have a more of a relaxing day.

46643179695_5deb41541a.jpg

47505851152_b0ebcc2431.jpg

We had our Fps ready for the day and that was honestly all that we needed to accomplish today. And with that we headed off to our first one of the day, Space Mountain

47505850942_d6765d67ec.jpg

40592720233_2a9a9f242b.jpg

Here’s to more funny guests and their reactions “We’re in space….oh my god we are in space!”

33682437048_6d78e28b72.jpg

After Space we had to start using up all the snack credits we hoarded till the last day of the trip…typical. I stopped at the stand right outside of space and got a thing of cinnamon glazed almonds. Then once we got closer to the castle Erin grabbed yet another mickey bar.

47505850832_bd996131fb.jpg

33681962018_ee5713966d.jpg

shoutout to brittany for the amazing shirt

46643182715_bc9208f39b.jpg

Sleepy hallow was calling my name so we headed over there, where I used another snack credit to get a delicious mickey waffle for breakfast.

33681962948_bb1541149d.jpg

As I fed my face, we took this time to look over how many snacks were left, who had what and planned out our snacks accordingly.
Now one thing Erin is very good at is spotting out Photopass CMs and every time we find one we normally stop…if the line isn’t long.

33682437078_901d11a1d2.jpg

33682437028_6692c83ca9.jpg

Since we were in Liberty Square we found ourselves at Hall of Presidents. Erin has never experienced it so why not?! However when we walked in they announced that the next show would be in 20 minutes…we weren’t really wanting to wait 20 mins for the next show so we walked around and left.

47505851552_840172326f.jpg

40592721233_87771d49ee.jpg

So it was time to wonder around frontier land a bit. Thats when we saw a familiar bear wondering around the frontier land bridge.

47558810101_306895f836.jpg

Across the way we noticed a very familiar bear who Erin has come to dislike. Good old liver lips. But like the good friend that I am, I made her face her fears and go take a photo with him. And just like always these bears are up to no good. Here we were just trying to take a nice photo and next thing I know my ears are getting swatted off my head. This didn’t happen just once, but literally every time I pushed them back into place.

40592722453_513d31b8d9.jpg

40592722543_3f9c983ac8.jpg

32616211717_2d9057cec9.jpg

Thanks for a laugh liver lips. Next we headed to Erin favorite attraction…yo ho yo ho. And we jumped in line because it was only a 15 minute wait.

33683305068_570e0b4cef.jpg

Today was more like a splash mountain day on pirates and the amount of water that flooded us in the front row is not much appreciated like it is on summer days. Instead I would be walking around in wet pants and shoes and thats never fun.
Kiss was still on the mission to get the yuletide log. So we headed over to Peco’s to see if it was available like people said during the day and not just for the party. He went up and asked, the CM told him it was available but only through the mobile ordering, the only down fall for us is that snack credits don’t work with mobile ordering. So once again he was out of luck.
But while we waited I may have taken some pickles…..

32616211017_2e64f88ea5.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Let's Take The Splash Out Of Splash Mountain

The last attractions of this trip was going to be back to back mountains. First up thunder!

40613610363_7e8d4bd41f.jpg

46664175615_f6a7938710.jpg

Why is this seat wet? A very good question…and while we knew no one peed in the seat (because the handle was also wet) could only mean one thing. They had that mist on full blast on the first hill and since this is the hot months in florida it wasn’t evaporating right away. So basically get prepared to get wet.
Splash was our last stop and after thunder I was not ready for it. While it was one of the warmer days, the sun wasn’t out and it was a bit breezy. So the thought of getting wet wasn’t the best.

47579708181_86b467afd7.jpg

The new zip lock bags for splash are adorable…did I need one? No. Did I take one? Yes.
We lucked out with the back rows of the log (which sam actually asked for) but because of this I was forced to sit on the right side, so heres to crying over the water fall at the end.

32637294447_750f58973c.jpg

We weren’t soaked, so I was happy. After Splash we headed back to peco’s, this time not for “free” pickles. But because Erin wanted to get chips…then from Peco’s we headed to the front of the park to casey’s where both Erin and Kiss jumped in line to get something. Erin got cheese sauce to go with her chips and Kiss got in line for some fries.
While they waited in the forever long line I decided to head over to the other side of main street and pop into Uptown Jewelers. For the past year, I’ve been looking at this certain ring on every trip. This being the forth time I decided I should just bit the bullet and treat myself, I mean I get 20% off why not? I was so close to getting a CM to open the case but I stopped myself and left.
Instead I headed to the hub to wait for the gang. While there I went on the handy dandy shop disney app to see if the ring was on there, it was. So my plan was to use Alish’s CM holiday 40% discount instead and order it online. Flash forward, the rose gold one wasn’t on website but Alish was the best sister who went to MK to pick it up for me. So after a quick venmo transaction the ring was bought and now I wait until August until I go back to get it.
I found a nice quiet spot to claim as my own while I waited for the two to get there food and I may of may not have taken a nice little siesta. Plus who doesn’t like to just relax on the hub grass and listen to Royal friendship faire? I mean its not dream along but it still is ok.

46664173845_029a6b095f.jpg

The two joined me and we hung out while they had their snacks.

32637145647_91bdb89b8d.jpg

Kiss got the special fries of the day which were mac and cheese fries, honestly two of my favorite foods combined in one. What a magical snack credit

32637144257_999f453bfe.jpg

33702766818_df409c7273.jpg

Before we headed out of the kingdom we had one last thing to do. We headed up to the front of main street and got a spot for FoF. We all love a good parade…well Kiss not so much. (We was however more happier waiting for it in 60 degree weather than the sweaty summer weather.
We got seats right at the parade route because 1) Easy access to leave the park afterwards and 2) it has became out favorite spot for parades, its normally not crowded and you get a good view of them coming towards you.

46856770934_86f126ee35.jpg

33703732528_9ce6779b61.jpg

46856770554_c5a549be46.jpg

33703731668_27be4f6b55.jpg

46856770014_c948897919.jpg

33703731048_29f230bb99.jpg

46856769644_0e3b18a155.jpg

33703730558_dd4979e2a7.jpg

46856769394_478e68cc48.jpg

33703730088_3a00c80004.jpg

46856769144_8690732f44.jpg

33703729508_615b54eb68.jpg

Like always, a great parade. We followed the herds of crowds out of the park and caught a boat to my 2nd favorite resort, wilderness lodge. I love the boats, so while we were on our way over to WL I got super sad that we were leaving in a few short hours. However we still had those few short hours, and we were off to use our last QS credit at Geyser Point.

continue to next post

Last edited:
Instead I headed to the hub to wait for the gang. While there I went on the handy dandy shop disney app to see if the ring was on there, it was. So my plan was to use Alish’s CM holiday 40% discount instead and order it online. Flash forward, the rose gold one wasn’t on website but Alish was the best sister who went to MK to pick it up for me. So after a quick venmo transaction the ring was bought and now I wait until August until I go back to get it.
Nice! But wait until August - way too long!

We got seats right at the parade route because 1) Easy access to leave the park afterwards and 2) it has became out favorite spot for parades, its normally not crowded and you get a good view of them coming towards you.
I tried following this advice on my Feb trip. Problem was it actually was super sunny and hot, so by the time the floats got to us, some of the energy was zapped. Like Flynn wasn't rocking back and forth and neither was Hook. I don't know if that was float malfunction or performers?

Nice! But wait until August - way too long!

I tried following this advice on my Feb trip. Problem was it actually was super sunny and hot, so by the time the floats got to us, some of the energy was zapped. Like Flynn wasn't rocking back and forth and neither was Hook. I don't know if that was float malfunction or performers?
I know not only do I have to wait for the ring....but I have to wait till I'm back at Disney.
I have noticed that they don't swing, I'm not sure what it is. It is a struggle of a spot during the hot times since there isn't any shade. But if you ever find yourself at a halloween party its prime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!