• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surfing lessons @ Typhoon Lagoon?

Dismom63

Mouseketeer
Where could I find out some info. about surfing lesons at Typhoon Lagoon. DS loves this park and he is turning 14 next time down. Anybody done this and have an opinion?
Thanks
Sharon

Sharon,

Although I've never taken the TL Surfing lessons, my DD (now 11) has on several occasions. You can get a little bit of information on them at Craig Carroll's site (he's the owner/lead instructor of the surf school that Disney contracts with to provide the lessons) at:

http://www.ronjons.com/surfschool/TyphoonInfo.htm

That said, plan to get up early (I think you need to be there by 7:00 a.m.). The lessons are only offered two days a week, and I think they run about $125 for about 2 hours. The teaching staff is excellent, and my daughter was up and riding the waves halfway through her first lesson. Although it's a chunk of change for the lessons, I personally think it's worth it. If you decide to do it, remember to take your still and video cameras as it's something for which you'll want to record memories.

Oh, and if it's not crowded, and there aren't any beginners (only happened once on a very cold January trip), they'll turn up the waves : )

Central Reservations will have additional information about TL Surfing Lessons. I highly recommend them, especially for you 14 YO.

Hope this is helpful.

Jim

I just called about this yesterday, I couldn't book it yet, it's a 90day ressie, but I did get some info. It's 2 1/2hrs: 1/2 hour on the beach then 2 hours in the wave pool. I was told to get there at 6:45am. The cost is now $135. My dd will be the only one doing lessons, but we can all watch from the beach. We plan on doing the water park afterward, I hope she has the energy! Def. bringing the video camera!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter