Surf lessons

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Are the surf lessons through Aulani only for kids or can adults take them too?

The website says for ages 12 and up for the group lessons. Looks like there is also semi-private for kids ages 8-11. Adults definitely take surf lessons, too! My kids are 10 and 13, so I booked with another company that teacher younger kids and was less expensive (Reeled In Surf)

Last edited:
The website says for ages 12 and up for the group lessons. Looks like there is also semi-private for kids ages 8-11. Adults definitely take surf lessons, too! My kids are 10 and 13, so I booked with another company that teacher younger kids and was less expensive (Reeled In Surf)

Did you book with Reeled In Surf lessons at Aulani or was it at a different beach? Didn't think the waves were big enough at Aulani to surf.

Did you book with Reeled In Surf lessons at Aulani or was it at a different beach? Didn't think the waves were big enough at Aulani to surf.
I just booked them separately through their website (not through Aulani). They teach near Kalaeloa Beach Park, not far from Aulani. It has smaller waves that are perfect for lessons. On our last trip, we took surfing lessons from a different company at the same location.

Make sure you pick a school that does pictures and put that in your budget. You will want evidence. I have watched 100s of lessons off of waikiki, Hawaii is a great place to try, everyone will catch waves and stand up. But going on your own with no experience without an instructor will just get you very frustrated. Also your arms have a limit, so trying on your own will blow out your arms before the lesson. Get the instructor, they are all over Oahu. They know the right places. Also, group lessons are better than individual, they give you a little rest time, usually they will put you in a group even if you only have one or two.

All ages. Just got back...great fun! We booked through the excursions link on the Aulani website, which uses Pro Surf School. Very convenient and I thought their team was very good. I booked our whole family for semi-private. Kids definitely needed that to ensure hands on help and for safety in the water, but my wife and I would have actually been fine in group. You can mix’n’match in sign-up. So put kids in semi-private and adults in group—you will still all be in the same van going to the same beach at the same time.

All ages. Just got back...great fun! We booked through the excursions link on the Aulani website, which uses Pro Surf School. Very convenient and I thought their team was very good. I booked our whole family for semi-private. Kids definitely needed that to ensure hands on help and for safety in the water, but my wife and I would have actually been fine in group. You can mix’n’match in sign-up. So put kids in semi-private and adults in group—you will still all be in the same van going to the same beach at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!