Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the Flex Pass reservation calendar. Has it had almost all of June marked as "Reservations Unavailable" for a while? The first date that is shows reservations available is June 27th.

I have a set of tickets set to expire 9/15/20 that I won off a radio station..once DL opens (obviously to limited capacity & date based rsvp), is there even a chance I could use the tix I won?? Best guess is they reopen mid July, that only gives me 2 months to use these tix before they expire.
If the unused tix retain their value, perhaps I should just hold off & let all the hoopla pass? Obviously, there will be a lot of ppl wanting to go once DL announces re-opening date & there's no way I'd be able to compete w/locals & APs just to get a date rsvp..
Any thoughts on what to do with my unused tix?

I have a set of tickets set to expire 9/15/20 that I won off a radio station..once DL opens (obviously to limited capacity & date based rsvp), is there even a chance I could use the tix I won?? Best guess is they reopen mid July, that only gives me 2 months to use these tix before they expire.
If the unused tix retain their value, perhaps I should just hold off & let all the hoopla pass? Obviously, there will be a lot of ppl wanting to go once DL announces re-opening date & there's no way I'd be able to compete w/locals & APs just to get a date rsvp..
I would call Disney once they announce the plan for Disneyland’s reopening.

I have an AP and had purchased PHs for the rest of the family for what was supposed to have been a June trip. Some of the family won't go with a mask requirement but my younger son still wants to, so in addition to wanting a re-opening date that we can actually make, I hope we are able to get a reservation since we have "mixed" ticket types!

Will be watching the WDW threads closely to see how they're handling it on the other coast (not that it means anything solid for DL, I suppose).

Has anyone seen good information on how the dated tickets are working for the Disney World reopening? We have an August reservation at The Grand Californian and I had bought tickets through Undercover Tourist before any of these shutdowns occurred. I’m now wondering if I’ll be able to use those tickets or will need to get on the phone to buy new tickets to lock in the dates that I will need. All, of course, assuming DL is open by the middle of Aug.

I'm wondering the same thing. We have tickets purchased in January that we're supposed to be using right now. We thought we'd use them in July instead, but don't know if we'll have to register them or anything in order to ensure that we are able to get in with them, or if we'll have to buy new (more expensive) tickets for specific days.

I would call Disney once they announce the plan for Disneyland’s reopening.
Agree with the above poster about calling Disney once the reopening date is announced. As for your tickets retaining value, make sure that they are not comp tickets. Often tickets that are contest prizes are comp tickets with no monetary value. So double check on that.

Has anyone seen good information on how the dated tickets are working for the Disney World reopening?...
As soon as there is official news from Disney about how the dated tickets will work and what will happen with previously purchased tickets for DLR, you'll see the information posted here. Keep watching!

Has anyone seen good information on how the dated tickets are working for the Disney World reopening? We have an August reservation at The Grand Californian and I had bought tickets through Undercover Tourist before any of these shutdowns occurred. I’m now wondering if I’ll be able to use those tickets or will need to get on the phone to buy new tickets to lock in the dates that I will need. All, of course, assuming DL is open by the middle of Aug.

Same boat. We bought our tickets in feb from undercover tourist and had June reservations at DLH. We moved our reservation to the beginning on August. Hoping the tickets we have won’t be an issue somehow... if they are open by that time.

First timer to Disneyland here...we booked our vacation package through Disneyland.com back in November 2019. Staying at The Tropicana from July 21 - 26 and purchased 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass. Would these be considered dated tickets since I am going to be there during set dates? Not sure how this works.

I would hope that if people have vacation packages already purchased that they would be able to enter one of the parks each day of their vacation. I will be keeping a close eye on how WDW handles this new reservation system. I don't see the point in keeping a vacation package if I can't get reservations for each day that we are out there.

Here's hoping that Disneyland opens shortly after WDW :)

First timer to Disneyland here...we booked our vacation package through Disneyland.com back in November 2019. Staying at The Tropicana from July 21 - 26 and purchased 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass. Would these be considered dated tickets since I am going to be there during set dates? Not sure how this works...
We don't really know yet how Disneyland will be dealing with tickets that were purchased before the closure. But we do know that Disney will be making an announcement about this at some point fairly soon. WDW announced yesterday that they would deal first with guests who already have tickets purchased and with APs, then open things up to everyone else to make new reservations. We'll find out how DLR will work when they announce their reopening date. Keep watching this thread -- you'll see all the news here as soon as it gets released!

Reminder to everyone: Speculation about DLR's reopening goes in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread. This thread is for official, factual information.

We don't yet have detailed information about how WDW will handle their dated tickets and we certainly don't have any information about what DLR's specific ticket system will be when they reopen. Don't speculate here. Wait for official news. Thank you.

First timer to Disneyland here...we booked our vacation package through Disneyland.com back in November 2019. Staying at The Tropicana from July 21 - 26 and purchased 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass....
Join the ****Official July Check in 2.0**** to keep up with all the announcements and news for July. You'll also get to meet other DISers who are hoping to be in the parks during your trip dates. :)

Interesting that they are not accepting any new resort reservations during that time. I wonder if Disneyland will do the same. In case they are, I booked an additional trip for a little later now.

Trust me that I feel for the families that have to postpone or cancel trips... but for us adults that travel to Disneyland.... this might be as close to an “adult only day” as we get! This is crazy times right now but as long as the majority of the park is running again by October... I might be ok with things, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!