Super Shuttle Wait

nikerbokers

MamaDisney
This is a bit foreign to me as if I fly in, I’m child-less and use Lyft. When I’m with my kids we usually drive down. But in June, me and my oldest daughter (almost 6) will be doing a super quick trip down and we are flying. Not bringing a car seat either if at all possible.

The most economical choice is to do Super Shuttle but due to how quick our trip is, I dont want to waste time and wait for other passengers so we can all drive out together. If you’ve taken this option, how long do you usually have to wait? If it matters, our flights lands in Long Beach at 7:20am. We are literally flying in on the first flight that morning and going back the last flight the following evening.

Thanks in advance!

I used this on my last trip. I came in on Southwest, so I was at the first stop of the LAX loop. I used the app to let them know I was ready for pickup and was assigned a car. It came within about 5 minutes, then proceeded around the loop. It picked up a couple of other parties who were all right there waiting and we were on our way. It worked very well for me, again using the app, through wich you can track your assigned vehicle. Now, a lot of people have had other experiences, but I liked it enough to try agian for my trip this coming Saturday. I'll report back if I run into any issues.

I used this on my last trip. I came in on Southwest, so I was at the first stop of the LAX loop. I used the app to let them know I was ready for pickup and was assigned a car. It came within about 5 minutes, then proceeded around the loop. It picked up a couple of other parties who were all right there waiting and we were on our way. It worked very well for me, again using the app, through wich you can track your assigned vehicle. Now, a lot of people have had other experiences, but I liked it enough to try agian for my trip this coming Saturday. I'll report back if I run into any issues.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Did you book ahead of time and then use the app to inform them you arrived? Sorry, I just want to be clear. Since LGB is so much smaller than LAX, I’m hoping that if we wait for anyone else they all arrive soon. I’m just afraid if we land at 7:22am, they will wait for someone that arrives at 8am. I hope you have an issue free trip next weekend!

Not sure if you are avoiding Lyft just because you don't want to bring a car seat, but I use a bubble bum for my daughter while traveling and it makes life so much easier! Worth the $30 or whatever it costs to be able to bring a booster in my back pack or carry on and not have to worry about how we will get places.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Did you book ahead of time and then use the app to inform them you arrived? Sorry, I just want to be clear. Since LGB is so much smaller than LAX, I’m hoping that if we wait for anyone else they all arrive soon. I’m just afraid if we land at 7:22am, they will wait for someone that arrives at 8am. I hope you have an issue free trip next weekend!

I booked ahead of time. It's all very easy with the app. I didn't notice you'd be at LGB, so it may be a different story there.

You need a car seat for your child in a Super Shuttle. Bring a booster (we use Mifold), and then use Uber!

You need a car seat for your child in a Super Shuttle. Bring a booster (we use Mifold), and then use Uber!

You do? I honestly thought it was no car seat. Dang, I think that solves my issue then. I’ll just bring the booster as my daughters carry on and take a Lyft. Thanks for letting me know. I dont know why I didn’t know that before.

I can't comment entirely on car seats as I have only ever gone to Disneyland with adults, but I would assume that most rides will at least need a booster seat. We have used Super Shuttle several times and each time it was never a problem filling the shuttles quickly. What we found the problem to be was that once those shuttles are full, we often have had to drive everyone to their hotels before we get to ours. Twice we have driven around for over an hour and have been quite a ways away from the Disneyland resort. That aggravated us enough to never use Super Shuttle again. We now just pay $40 for a taxi and split it among ourselves and go straight to the hotel without a hassle. You can always try Lyft or Uber and see what rates they will charge you so you can go straight there. If you contact them I am sure they will tell you if you need a booster seat or not.

You do? I honestly thought it was no car seat. Dang, I think that solves my issue then. I’ll just bring the booster as my daughters carry on and take a Lyft. Thanks for letting me know. I dont know why I didn’t know that before.

Car seats are not required on coach busses ie: Disneyland Express (not outta LGB)...SupperShutlle runs passenger vans which are required.

Thank you everyone! Looks like I’ll bring the booster and just Lyft to GCH and back. I appreciate the input and experiences. Hope this helps someone else in the future too.

I fly into LGB and SNA in the early morning 7-8am all the time when we go. We also use super shuttle. At LGB we usually don't wait for anyone as its a small airport. I book ahead of time and receive a text upon my arrival. I click on the link in the text once I have my bags to be assigned a shuttle. Once I get there we usually take off right away. I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes at SNA or LGB.

This is a bit foreign to me as if I fly in, I’m child-less and use Lyft. When I’m with my kids we usually drive down. But in June, me and my oldest daughter (almost 6) will be doing a super quick trip down and we are flying. Not bringing a car seat either if at all possible.

The most economical choice is to do Super Shuttle but due to how quick our trip is, I dont want to waste time and wait for other passengers so we can all drive out together. If you’ve taken this option, how long do you usually have to wait? If it matters, our flights lands in Long Beach at 7:20am. We are literally flying in on the first flight that morning and going back the last flight the following evening.

Thanks in advance!
I always use Super Shuttle. The one time I flew into LGB was last June and we were the only passengers in our van. As soon as we got to the van we left for our hotel. I booked it as a shared ride, but we only ended up sharing on the way back to the airport at the end of our trip. I plan on using Super Shuttle again when we go in July.

So, just an update to my Super Shuttle use this past weekend. Unfortunately it wasn't a perfect experience. The pick-up was very fast, like 5 minutes (though I was at Terminal 1). Anyway, it did take a little time to get through LAX and there were no-shows the driver had to wait on a bit. Once we were off, though, I could tell this would be interesting. The van was in rough shape and squeaked on the bumps on the highway. I am thinking, this thing's going to break down. We had to drop one off in Norwalk, which wasn't too bad, but as we went to climb the ramp to the highway (the new looking, steep one) the van really struggled. We made it onto the highway, but the van seemed to top out at about 45. I couldn't see the speed but I could see the driver keeping it in 2. He had definitely lost his higher gears. We did make it, but it did take a little while. The driver was super nice about everything, but it was not a pleasant situation.

My pickup was smooth and in a nice van. The only thing was they somehow had my flight departure for 6:10 AM instead of 9:10 AM so they are like your pickup is at 3:10 AM! Yikes! I didn't know why until I was already on the van. Oh well, that may have been my fault if I entered the wrong number.

Last edited:
So, just an update to my Super Shuttle use this past weekend. Unfortunately it wasn't a perfect experience. The pick-up was very fast, like 5 minutes (though I was at Terminal 1). Anyway, it did take a little time to get through LAX and there were no-shows the driver had to wait on a bit. Once we were off, though, I could tell this would be interesting. The van was in rough shape and squeaked on the bumps on the highway. I am thinking, this thing's going to break down. We had to drop one off in Norwalk, which wasn't too bad, but as we went to climb the ramp to the highway (the new looking, steep one) the van really struggled. We made it onto the highway, but the van seemed to top out at about 45. I couldn't see the speed but I could see the driver keeping it in 2. We did make it, but it did take a little while. The driver was super nice about everything, but it was not a pleasant situation.

My pickup was smooth and in a nice van. The only thing was they somehow had my flight departure for 6:10 AM instead of 9:10 AM so they are like your pickup is at 3:10 AM! Yikes! I didn't know why until I was already on the van. Oh well, that may have been my fault if I entered the wrong number.

Thank you for your review and for taking the time. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t great. I decided to carry on my daughters booster and just take a Lyft from LGB to the hotel. Eliminate the waiting and being on their schedule.

Thank you for your review and for taking the time. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t great. I decided to carry on my daughters booster and just take a Lyft from LGB to the hotel. Eliminate the waiting and being on their schedule.

From LGB I think that'll be a good move. I have liked Super Shuttle in the past, but this time I wouldn't say I was impressed. I may consider other options in the future, like not flying into LAX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter