Super Bowl Predictions?

Yeah, it was a "mistake," but you know damn well that's the matchup the NFL is hoping for.

Why wouldn't they? It is the best match up possible given the remaining teams. The host team playing in a Superbowl against one of the most hated teams in the history of the league, that is a dream for them.

I disagree. The NFL wants the Pats and Eagles, because those are the 2 biggest media markets remaining. That's all they care about.

How could they not want a host team to be paying in the Superbowl for the first time ever?

How could they not want a host team to be paying in the Superbowl for the first time ever?

Because viewers is how money is made on the Super Bowl. I heard a sports talk show today say that the NFL's nightmare is a Jacksonville/Minnesota Super Bowl, because of the 2 media markets.

BTW, they are saying that businesses in Minneapolis are actually concerned that if the Vikings get in they will lose big money, because locals going to the Super Bowl won't be using hotel rooms, restaurants and so on, because they'll be in their own homes.

Because viewers is how money is made on the Super Bowl. I heard a sports talk show today say that the NFL's nightmare is a Jacksonville/Minnesota Super Bowl, because of the 2 media markets.

BTW, they are saying that businesses in Minneapolis are actually concerned that if the Vikings get in they will lose big money, because locals going to the Super Bowl won't be using hotel rooms, restaurants and so on, because they'll be in their own homes.

If the locals don't have tickets now, I doubt they would be getting any. The cheapest tickets available through resellers are $4500. I don't think the locals are the people who typically attend the game live. I would also think that the hotels and restaurants would be pretty set at this point.

The story line of the Vikings being the first host team to ever play would drive their ratings through the roof.

Jags beat themselves. They had the lead almost the entire game. Offense choked that last quarter, big time.

ETA: that last defensive play by the Pats? that guy is amazeballs.

8. 8. 8. 8. For 12

And the Coughlin curse is buried.

Marchand, our Patriots are just unbelievable. No Edelman, and no Gronk for over half the game down 10 in the 4th quarter against the #2 defense in the NFL and they win. The last 17 years have aged me 40 years with all these close games.

From completely irrelevant to the greatest franchise in NFL history in 17 years...So long Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers......you’ve been passed by B&B

From completely irrelevant to the greatest franchise in NFL history in 17 years...So long Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers......you’ve been passed by B&B

You got that right. When I was a kid the 2 worst teams yearly in the NFL were the Pats and Saints, but I still lived and died with every Pats game. I never would believe back then, that the Patriots would be the franchise they are today.

Marchand, our Patriots are just unbelievable. No Edelman, and no Gronk for over half the game down 10 in the 4th quarter against the #2 defense in the NFL and they win. The last 17 years have aged me 40 years with all these close games.

That 4th quarter nearly killed me.

Yes I have let go of the Grogan & Zolack years. I told my DS he has been spoiled with all the Boston teams. Growing up it heartbreak after heartbreak.

You got that right. When I was a kid the 2 worst teams yearly in the NFL were the Pats and Saints, but I still lived and died with every Pats game. I never would believe back then, that the Patriots would be the franchise they are today.

Same here. I am Boston born & bred will never route for any other teams.

Small tidbit - today is the 24 th anniversary of Kraft buying the team & they won with 24 points!!!

So I know that Brady and Amendola were great in the 4th quarter - but how come the Pats defense don't get more credit for turning it around in the second half?

I hear ya there! I've been loyal since the Grogan days. It used to be you didn't want to tell people you were a Pats fan because they would laugh at you. Now you don't want to tell people because they will instantly hate you! :rotfl:

So I know that Brady and Amendola were great in the 4th quarter - but how come the Pats defense don't get more credit for turning it around in the second half?

They do here. They were flat in the first half but came to play in the 2nd. I think it is also at the beginning of the season they ......um, they just did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!