Super Bowl 2020 parade

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
Is the Super Bowl parade normally the Monday after the game? I saw from a search it was this year. My son and I are going to be there that day and was hoping it was that day!

Thanks

Disney World
Guess we won’t know until that Sunday night if there will be a parade
Idk it varied by winning team.

Thanks and sorry for not including Disney World

Disney World
Guess we won’t know until that Sunday night if there will be a parade
Idk it varied by winning team.

Thanks and sorry for not including Disney World
You can get some idea of the possibility by who's playing in it. If both teams are from the East Coast then you know for sure it will be at WDW and converse if both are from the West then it will be in DL

I admit I don't know how these things normally work. The Super Bowl is in Miami this year. If a West Coast team wins, they'd really bolt out to California?

I admit I don't know how these things normally work. The Super Bowl is in Miami this year. If a West Coast team wins, they'd really bolt out to California?

I think it's just usually the MVP(s) who go to the parade. I was trying to find a good example of someone bolting all the way in the other direction, alas I was unsuccessful. The best examples would have been teams who didn't win: The Ram MVPs leaving Atlanta for DL or the Panther MVPs leaving Santa Clara for Orlando.

We were at WDW last year for the super bowl parade and it was really crowded. Be prepared to stake out a spot far in advance if you want to see the parade. They also had a stage set up in the grass by the Plaza where they were interviewing players. Again, jam packed. I made the mistake of having a town square mickey fp around parade time and it was awful trying to get there. We aren't football fans so it didn't appeal to us at all, but if you are, just plan ahead for it to take up a chunk of your day.

It is at WDW this year. I only know this because the NFL just wrapped up a contest (#NFL100 Experience of a Lifetime) where the winner gets a 4 day trip to Disney World with VIP treatment, they get to ride in the WDW SuperBowl Celebration parade, meet an NFL player, and stay one night in Cinderella Castle suite.

It is at WDW this year. I only know this because the NFL just wrapped up a contest (#NFL100 Experience of a Lifetime) where the winner gets a 4 day trip to Disney World with VIP treatment, they get to ride in the WDW SuperBowl Celebration parade, meet an NFL player, and stay one night in Cinderella Castle suite.
Sweet contest! Sounds like a definite once in a lifetime experience😀

How will this affect the park other than the Main Street for the parade itself? We are scheduled to be there that day.

Just to throw another variable into the works - the parade (whichever park it is in) might not happen on the Monday. IIRC, sometimes the guest of honor can't make it then and the parade is held on the Tuesday.

Can anyone confirm.... is the Super Bowl parade at the regular time of the FoF parade? I did a search and someone mentioned that it's not a separate parade, but just one float and I'm confused if it's a separate event or just part of the FoF parade?
My dd and Sil are going that week and I'm trying to find info for them.
TIA!

Not an expert but was down there 3 years ago after the Patriots beat the Falcons. I’m a Pats fan but we were in AK that day and didn’t want to leave the fam to go see James White. This is what I remember after looking into going:

1. it’s not always the MVP that is in the parade.Brady was MVP but White went to Disney.
2. I believe they choose the park closest to the game( not 100% on that.)
3. It is not part of the parade but before it. I think sometime between 2-2:30. The player is usually in a convertible with his family/friends.

Can anyone confirm.... is the Super Bowl parade at the regular time of the FoF parade? I did a search and someone mentioned that it's not a separate parade, but just one float and I'm confused if it's a separate event or just part of the FoF parade?
My dd and Sil are going that week and I'm trying to find info for them.
TIA!

I guess each year is a little different. Last year, both Tom Brady & Julian Edelman were there. They were at Hollywood Studios in the morning, did some playing around in Jedi robes with light sabers & rode SDD. Around 12:30 - 1 they did some media interviews at MK on a stage set up on the side of the hub near the Plaza. At around 2:30, they rode in the mini parade. They were on a float from the afternoon parade with Mickey, Minnie & a few other characters. Just that 1 float with a few cheerleader type performers marching with them. The hub & Main Street were packed.... we lined up a little over an hour before the parade & found a single spot which was one of the last curbside spots. I stood in front, DH behind me. We did not see any family with them. Might have been there, but they were not in the parade.

I don’t remember it being listed in the times Guide, but we asked at guest services for the time. OP, I would tell them to start checking out the hub/ Main Street area around noon & see how crowded it looks, depending on how much they want to see & where they want to wait. Last year was the first time we were there for this event, so we didn’t know what to expect. Both players made comments to the crowd as they got on the float at the stage area. We didn’t know that would happen, so we only saw them as the float passed by. The parade moved at a good clip & did not stop. It only goes from the hub to the parade exit at the firehouse. We saw they were going to do some media interviews on the stage, but chose to stake out a spot to watch the parade instead of hang near the stage. We would have seen them longer had we stayed in the hub. But we wanted to see “the parade”, so we only saw them for a quick minute as it passed us. I am not a Pats fan, but my DH is. Even still, I thought it was all pretty cool & exciting. I‘m pretty sure we’ll try to see one again after we retire in a few years.

Any update on where they will be for the parade? Both teams are west of the Mississippi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter