Sunscreen question...

I used my daughters Equate brand this weekend at a splash park here in Tennessee. It was SPF 30 and worked great! I burn easily as does my daughter and we were there for several hours and the only place I got burned was along my hair line where I had apparently not applied the sunscreen. It didn't feel sticky and heavy like other sunblocks either.
Yeah honestly I've been getting Equate for quite a while now..super pleased really and I'm glad it's working for you! I don't feel sticky either and you're right it doesn't seem to feel heavy on my skin either. If I get burned when using it it's because I didn't reapply when I should have or not enough used lol.

Now I am currently using the leftover SPF 30 Sport up (just used it at the Lake 2 weekends ago and the golf course yesterday) but I also have an SPF 50 Sport already bought (slightly used by us already so I will still need to buy more) that I plan on bringing with us to Disney/Universal and Vegas.

What usually happens with us is we forget we have sunscreen and buy some at the store anyways lol hence the SPF 30 and having SPF 50 but I normally buy the SPF 50. I find the Equate Sport version holds up better with sweat and water than getting the non-sport version.

I dont know if you have the store Five Below where you live but its an incredible resource for sunscreen and honestly a lot of travel items such as soap and little deodorants. Check it out.

We do have one here in town. I will have to go and check it out this week. Thanks!

http://www.ewg.org/sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

This is a great resource for understanding safety of sunscreens. It provides info on what's in them, what's safe, what's of concern.....

Mineral sunscreens are my choice for my kids. They are a little tougher to apply, but my preference. We are from northern Canada, and went to DW with 3 littles in September. No burns, no issues with it sweating into eyes, and no rashes or skin irritations.
My usuals are the Matter company Substance, Badger (tangerine and vanilla is *heavenly*), Green Beaver (which is Canadian). I've also used Aveeno and Alba Botanicals. Just ordered Goddess Garden, which is highly rated.....
I use a mix of the cream and sticks (for faces).
I think we used 1.5 tubes last trip for the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter