• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Sun £9.50 offer for DLP

i bough the sun for this offer with view to getting a disney fix after we come back from florida in Feb but the more i look into it the less it is appealing to be honest. not sure it's worth all the driving time :confused3 plus the only hotel coming up for Dave Crocketts, is this a good hotel?

just use it for the tickets,as that's a bargain for tickets for 4 people!

Then make your own way there and book own offsite hotel

Jill,if we go we are going to take our youngest and his best friend,who has never been :)

Not holding out much hope as we can only do feb half term,but worth a try :)

I'm showing my really miserable side here - but I'm not happy about this offer.
I deliberatley picked the dates for our upcoming trip (3 nights at Santa Fe) both to let my kids enjoy a surprise visit during all the Christmas magic & to take advantage of what many advised would/should be a quiet time...if its busy with lots of people taking advantage of this offer, I'll not be the happiest person in the world...

I'm showing my really miserable side here - but I'm not happy about this offer.
I deliberatley picked the dates for our upcoming trip (3 nights at Santa Fe) both to let my kids enjoy a surprise visit during all the Christmas magic & to take advantage of what many advised would/should be a quiet time...if its busy with lots of people taking advantage of this offer, I'll not be the happiest person in the world...

If your going before Christmas, then you will be fine as the offer doesn't kick in till January & the chances people all picking the same time will be remote.

Well I bought the paper today, couldn't get any dates on the link above though, but notice that it says that Wednesday's paper will have all the relevant info. :thumbsup2

Anyone else planning on doing it?

Only drawback seems you have to get the ferry outwards between 00:00 and 06:30 and then back the same evening.

Unless you pay extra for hotel (might do that) where I assume you can get ferry next day?

Thinking of driving up to Dover night before. Travelodge early night. Ferry 06:00 or something (how long does crossing take?) then drive to Disney.

Obviously cant leave ferry too late because day will be half over by time you get there. Long day though.... :-(

Thought about it but for the date I want and the fact that I wanted to book an overnight hotel and tickets for a 2nd day it's cheaper for me to book a package with DLP direct.

Thought about it but for the date I want and the fact that I wanted to book an overnight hotel and tickets for a 2nd day it's cheaper for me to book a package with DLP direct.

this is the case for the term time dates

but I want feb half term :( and the prices are stupidly high!

I am going to go for 3 half term dates and hope for the best!

then book eurotunnel and ( cheapy offsite) hotel separately

will be chuffed to bits with 4 x 1 day hoppers for £29.50 !

fingers crossed

Anyone know if I can get the ferry across, drive to train station in Calais and then get eurostar to disney? Save driving - leave car in calais.

I know it sortta defeats the object by ferrying across but I thought it might be cheaper calais-DLP rather than paying for ashford-DLP since ferry is already paid for?

Anyone know if I can get the ferry across, drive to train station in Calais and then get eurostar to disney? Save driving - leave car in calais.

I know it sortta defeats the object by ferrying across but I thought it might be cheaper calais-DLP rather than paying for ashford-DLP since ferry is already paid for?

there are bound to be trains,but not sure if you would have to change or if it goes straight through

but yes bound to be cheaper than Eurostar!

You should be able to get the TGV but not Eurostar as that doesn't stop in Calais. Not sure if you can go straight without changing though.

Hi wondering if anyone can help, have booked the 1 day 1 night .. it's room only, does anybody know how breakfast would work if we wanted to have it? How much would it be?

I don't know all the T&C of the offer ....... but if it's a Disney hotel you're booked at then I would assume that breakfast is included. I've never seen them not include breakfast with a night's stay.

I don't know all the T&C of the offer ....... but if it's a Disney hotel you're booked at then I would assume that breakfast is included. I've never seen them not include breakfast with a night's stay.

Hi
Thanks .. no the sun offer is room only even in a Disney hotel

having clicked through the links on the Sun offer, the hotel inclusive deal seems to be booked through a subsidiary of Leger holidays. Although the hotel descriptions don't mention breakfast is included, I'd suggest it is, because at check-in at every onsite Disney hotel you get a little card (its your hotel ID and easypass) which is what you show to go into breakfast in the morning. This is given to you regardless of which company you've booked your hotel with. Leger holidays to onsite Disney hotels do include breakfast at your hotel for the morning following your night(s) booked into the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter