Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Oh no your report is over?!?! Well Mike thanks for taking us along for the ride. It was great and your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I started reading your report before my family's first DLR trip this past August (it got me even more excited!). I had planned on posting a short summary of our trip but I still have not! So while we were sad to leave DLR and my brother's family, I have enjoyed your trip updates since our return.

Oh both my kids are in college - one a senior and the other a sophomore. We have still managed a family summer vacation so far. Who knows what the future will hold for vacations as a family, but we made some great memories on our DLR one!

Take care,
Kerry

Thanks so much Kerry. I hope we will be able to still travel while we help the kids. I would love to hear your trip report however short it may be. If you decide to do so please post a link so I can follow along.

Did your kids go away to college or stay somewhat close?

KCmike said:
Thanks so much Kerry. I hope we will be able to still travel while we help the kids. I would love to hear your trip report however short it may be. If you decide to do so please post a link so I can follow along.

Did your kids go away to college or stay somewhat close?

Maybe I will attempt a short review with our WDW/DLR comparisons.

Our kids live at their colleges but stayed close to home (both in NJ). My son looked at schools up to 5 hours away, but I should have known he would pick Rutgers. He's been going to their football games since he was little! Neither of them comes home that often though. We see my son more often (dropping off things) since he is the closest to our home.

Kerry

My wife has been worrying about the empty nest lately. We still have several years of them being here but the end is coming.

If you do make that trip report please provide a link or a small reply here so I can make sure to catch it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Never saw the sign Janet? There were several behind me waiting for me to clear to get their picture taken as well. Hmmm. As far as the Missouri shirt it is sort of weird. I was born in Kansas but have always been a Missouri fan. I grew up watching Norm Stewart and loving all of his basketball teams. My youngest daughter is a KU fan but I won't share any photos with her shirt she occasionally wears.

Happy to find your TR! We were at WDW less than 30 days ago and now I'm planning our DL vacation for this coming December. Our trip will consist of similar locals to your trip so I'm excited to read it all! Incidently, Norm Stewart was the only coach during my Mizzou days (I was there from 1980-1986, loved Columbia so much I worked there after I graduated)!

I'm off to finish your report......I also wanted to mention how jealous I am of your 60D! I'm still using my xTi as it just won't die and I can't logically buy a new camera until my old one bites the dust. I suppose I could accidently DROP it! :rolleyes1

Happy to find your TR! We were at WDW less than 30 days ago and now I'm planning our DL vacation for this coming December. Our trip will consist of similar locals to your trip so I'm excited to read it all! Incidently, Norm Stewart was the only coach during my Mizzou days (I was there from 1980-1986, loved Columbia so much I worked there after I graduated)!

I'm off to finish your report......I also wanted to mention how jealous I am of your 60D! I'm still using my xTi as it just won't die and I can't logically buy a new camera until my old one bites the dust. I suppose I could accidently DROP it! :rolleyes1

Thanks for finding the report! Anything I can do to help with the Christmas upcoming trip then please feel free to shout out any questions. We really love Disneyland and California in general.

How is your Christmas trip planning coming along???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter