Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Mike - in most cases, I would always agree that it's the photographer. However, in this case, I think it might be the equipment! :rotfl:

Have you tried shooting with the 18 - 55 on the 60d and doing a comparison?

I will be taking on that task this weekend. Now I need something to shoot!

OK, here is where I admit I've never seen the weathervanes at DL. YIKES. Sounds like a quest.

I love the timeless rides in Fantasyland. Last Christmas I spend a wonderful 3/4 hour riding while DH saved the galaxy on BLAB and my DSs rode Star Tours continusously.

I also admit I've never ridden Dumbo at any park nor have I paddled a canoe on the ROA. Sounds like I need to take another trip to DL!! :yay:

Pick of the Post pics for this time has to go to the Canoes on ROA for the sheer fun and great expression you caught on the Castmember.

For art - the Indian pic was sublime. :goodvibes

I can't be the only one bummed that there is only one more installment...:sad2:

Thanks and maybe I'm a little bummed too. Maybe I will see you over on the pic of the day thread??

The canoes are fun and somewhat tiresome too. Those weathervanes are on just about every fantasyland ride. Thanks for being such a vocal and faithful poster! Still one more to go. I will try to make it special.

Thanks and maybe I'm a little bummed too. Maybe I will see you over on the pic of the day thread??

The canoes are fun and somewhat tiresome too. Those weathervanes are on just about every fantasyland ride. Thanks for being such a vocal and faithful poster! Still one more to go. I will try to make it special.

You are welcome! Your posts always bring joy to my day. :goodvibes

Pic of the day thread? How did I not know about this? Where do I find it? I'm now a 'like'r on FB of Disneyland Resort in HDR (Tours departing Daily). I'm equal parts in awe and sad that my pics don't look anything like theirs do. The awe by far outweights my shortcomings as a photograper.

Seems like you need to plan another trip to Disney since this one is about to come to an end!

I love the tiki room. When we first arrived in 2007 and got to see the original and not that hot mess that had been showing in WDW I was floored. It was so much fun. It was perfect. We sat down, all five of us, and people were singing along, swaying to the music, and just enjoying the show. I fell deeply in love with Walt's original Tiki Room. On the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour they keep you after and let you see one of the original flower animatronics. It's just good times. Good times indeed. Oh yeah thanks for the comments. It's always interesting to see what people like the most. What makes them comment on a shot.

The Enchanted Tiki Room at DL is always great to go in and see the show. Plus you can get a Dole Whip in the waiting area until it is time to go inside. The original one will always be better then WDW.

TK - If you are wondering where the Disneyland Picture of the Day #4!! thread is, it is on the Disneyland Community Boards. It's a great thread where all the DISers post great pictures at the DLR. I have posted some pics on that thread as well.

Your making me rethink WDW to Disneyland!!

Thinking about? You need to directly book your flight and reserve your tickets asap! Seriously, both resorts are so much fun but if I had my choice I would head towards California everytime.

You are welcome! Your posts always bring joy to my day. :goodvibes

Pic of the day thread? How did I not know about this? Where do I find it? I'm now a 'like'r on FB of Disneyland Resort in HDR (Tours departing Daily). I'm equal parts in awe and sad that my pics don't look anything like theirs do. The awe by far outweights my shortcomings as a photograper.

Seems like you need to plan another trip to Disney since this one is about to come to an end!

Wish I had the money to go back. Every dime is being poured into my oldest daughters first year of college. My dream is for next Christmas. Now that you have the link for the pic of the day thread you should c'mon over and share!

How about a little random shot while I work out this last entry?

Working my way around the castle I caught this shot...
IMG_6648.jpg

Love the latest random..

The texture of the castle wall looks fantastic against the texture of the Matterhorn, with the green trees......and those red ants at the top of the hill. :lmao:

Thinking about? You need to directly book your flight and reserve your tickets asap! Seriously, both resorts are so much fun but if I had my choice I would head towards California everytime.

My choice would be DL too. Sometimes the men in my life speak up for a trip to WDW. Mostly for Expedition Everest and Flights of Wonder. Ever since our first family trip to DL it has a piece of my heart.

Great random shot....you are making me want to find a photography class in our area. The local community college doesn't have one offered this semester. I'm keeping my eye out though.

I hear you about the cha-ching of having college aged children. Our sons are 'first year seniors' this year and money flies forth from our wallets with frightening speed. I'll keep my fingers crossed you are able to have a holiday vacation next Christmas. Soon our kiddos will be off in the working world and vacation time together will be a rare treasure I'm afraid.

Thanks for the link to the picture thread. It's a lot of fun. popcorn::
TK

i booked WDW..... For next year! going to price out DL now... :thumbsup2

My choice would be DL too. Sometimes the men in my life speak up for a trip to WDW. Mostly for Expedition Everest and Flights of Wonder. Ever since our first family trip to DL it has a piece of my heart.

Great random shot....you are making me want to find a photography class in our area. The local community college doesn't have one offered this semester. I'm keeping my eye out though.

I hear you about the cha-ching of having college aged children. Our sons are 'first year seniors' this year and money flies forth from our wallets with frightening speed. I'll keep my fingers crossed you are able to have a holiday vacation next Christmas. Soon our kiddos will be off in the working world and vacation time together will be a rare treasure I'm afraid.

Thanks for the link to the picture thread. It's a lot of fun. popcorn::
TK

A photo class would be fun. I have recently found that there are several KC photographers around here on a different website and they like to go out every now and then. Might have to try that as well.

College for sure = $$$ We have had some great vacations. Treasures, like you stated, that I will always hold dear to my heart. My wife is the video recorder of the family and those are some of my favorite souvenirs we bring home. Each year she puts together a video to several songs and its something we like to watch when we get down about not getting away or missing our Disney fix.

i booked WDW..... For next year! going to price out DL now... :thumbsup2

What time of year are you thinking for WDW?

We are trying to come up with some cheaper vacations for next summer. My better half knows I have to look forward to something. I know we can't go near Florida or California or I would find some way to get back to Disney.

Any ideas for a cheaper vacation? Anyone done Myrtle Beach or North Carolina?

:scratchin I'm going to take the 5th on your question. All my cheap holidays involve staying in Australia......:lmao:

What time of year are you thinking for WDW?

We are trying to come up with some cheaper vacations for next summer. My better half knows I have to look forward to something. I know we can't go near Florida or California or I would find some way to get back to Disney.

Any ideas for a cheaper vacation? Anyone done Myrtle Beach or North Carolina?

Sept 8-14, 2013 booked the Poly... May change it to AOA...

Haven't done either.. Come on down to the Windy City!

Sept 8-14, 2013 booked the Poly... May change it to AOA...

Haven't done either.. Come on down to the Windy City!

Been there and loved your city. We did the Chicago City pass and visited the Navy Pier, did an architectural boat tour, Shedd Aquarium, Sears and John Hancock, Michigan Ave., and two of the museums. I have to say though it wasn't cheap but what is these days?

Time is drawing to an end.

Sad to see it come to an end. Believe me I was more sad to see my trip come to an end when it was time to fly home.

It's funny how you tend to relive and do the same things over and over again. I think its the comfortability factor mixed with nostalgia. Of course Disneyland had to be the park we finished with the on the trip. We find ourselves riding our favorites on the last day. Pirates and the smell of the water that permeates into the que and beyond. I can smell it now as I'm writing this entry. Then its on to Splash and Haunted Mansion. When its a family of five we sometimes jockey for position on rides like these. Sometimes the boys like to sit together, my youngest will battle to sit with my wife, or I will decree that this ride must be shared with just Mom and Dad. Fantasyland rides I love to ride with my better half. IASM is my tunnel of love. We usually play for keeps on Buzz Lightyear. It becomes competitive as both players in each car battle for control of the lever to move from right to left to position for the shot. These are all the things I love about Disneyland and sharing it with my family. It has become indeed the Happiest place on Earth for us. So many good memories.

To kick us off with the photos this time around I will start where we kind of left off with me walking around the castle during my commando session. I tend to get the same shot thinking I can better my last shot of the same scene. This time I got lower and didn't try to take away the little wooden bridge that I probably would have tried to remove from the scene.
IMG_6643.jpg

To me the castle is soft and welcoming. I like how its smaller and inviting to its guests.
IMG_6653.jpg

Probably my best shot of Monsto in all these years I've been shooting. Again I took it with the 55-250 and caught the flowers in front to give it more depth and crispness
IMG_6676.jpg

I mentioned that I ate at the Plaza Inn. I stopped just enough from filling my belly to take this shot looking through one of the many doors
IMG_6687.jpg

Who doesn't love a corn dog and the little red wagon?
IMG_6692.jpg

Have you been or seen the "Hidden Oasis"?
IMG_6710.jpg

Toontown and all its colorful glory
IMG_6732.jpg

20,000 leagues of finding Nemo
IMG_6783.jpg

One of the my favorite parts of the early evening this time around was that we hopped on the monorail and took a fun spin around the resort. We got to see the parade going into the hidden areas of Disneyland, got a higher look of the new DCA entrance, caught some interesting sights, and was able to shoot more shots from different perspectives.

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

I'm still sad to not see Billy Hill in the Golden Horseshoe. The only reason we went in was that there is a hidden electrical outlet on the top floor of the Horseshoe and I went there to recharge some batteries. For those of you reading this report you must keep this quiet. I'm passing along some very privileged information here!!!!:lmao: :thumbsup2 :cool1: ;)

Here is a shot while I was waiting for the charging to finish
IMG_6990.jpg

The night was fast approaching. The lights were starting to come on down Mainstreet. I know my time is now my enemy. I don't have time now to think about it. This night was all about spending quality time down Mainstreet, soaking up the atmosphere, eating as many goodies as I can get my hands on, and watching the special holiday fireworks with my family.

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!