Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

Evening safaris are great! The lions are always active. We’ve even heard rhinos being very vocal in the evenings.

Looks like you really enjoyed after hours! You just can’t beat riding Everest over and over.
Yeah if it wasn’t for the lions this safari would’ve been a pretty inactive one. I’m glad they made up for it though!

Yes I loved After Hours and would do it again!

Dinner at Sebastian's looks great!

Wow... you really did live your BEST life at DAK DAH! You got so much done! DAH is on our list for the next trip, we really hope it sticks around when we're there!

Can't wait to hear about MK!

Dinner at Sebastian's looks great!

Wow... you really did live your BEST life at DAK DAH! You got so much done! DAH is on our list for the next trip, we really hope it sticks around when we're there!

Can't wait to hear about MK!
Yeah DAH was a ton of fun! I want to try the MK one sometime soon.

WOW amazing night at AK. Love all your ride photos and the evening safari looks great. We also got to hear the lions roaring on our trip which was a first for us and it was amazing!

WOW amazing night at AK. Love all your ride photos and the evening safari looks great. We also got to hear the lions roaring on our trip which was a first for us and it was amazing!
Yeah it was a lot of fun! Active lions make for some of the best safaris.

I've never seen the lions moving around. I'm so jealous!

Looks like you got a lot done during after hours. Did you think it was worth the money? Would you do it again?

I've never seen the lions moving around. I'm so jealous!

Looks like you got a lot done during after hours. Did you think it was worth the money? Would you do it again?
Yeah I would do it again but I’d do one of the other parks before coming back to AK to do it.

Hi Ryan! I am late but here and following along!

I also really like SSR. I don't understand why people dislike it. I know its not as exciting as some of the other resorts, especially DVC ones but it is very peaceful and beautiful in it own way! You can't beat the walking path/boat to Disney Springs as well - always a nice perk. Honestly when I'm at Disney, I don't really care where I stay, even though I love deluxe resorts, a value does just fine for me once in awhile!

I am excited but also sad to see Illuminations for one final time next week. Loved the pictures.

Brunch at Homecomin looked excellent, I really like Homecomin, and I also really like brunch - def something I should check out one day.

After Hours at AK looks like a lot of fun.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

I'm glad you liked AK after hours. I am undecided if I will do it in February. I'm doing the Universal Orlando Informer Meetup the next night, so don't know if I want to do 2 after hours events in a row!

Sounds like an awesome After Hours at AK. Loved all the ride pictures on Everest.

It was!
Hi Ryan! I am late but here and following along!

I also really like SSR. I don't understand why people dislike it. I know its not as exciting as some of the other resorts, especially DVC ones but it is very peaceful and beautiful in it own way! You can't beat the walking path/boat to Disney Springs as well - always a nice perk. Honestly when I'm at Disney, I don't really care where I stay, even though I love deluxe resorts, a value does just fine for me once in awhile!

I am excited but also sad to see Illuminations for one final time next week. Loved the pictures.

Brunch at Homecomin looked excellent, I really like Homecomin, and I also really like brunch - def something I should check out one day.

After Hours at AK looks like a lot of fun.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Welcome! SSR is so peaceful I have really come to love it and want to stay there again! I agree as long as I am at Disney I don't care which hotel I am in.

Homecomin' brunch is so good!

I'm glad you liked AK after hours. I am undecided if I will do it in February. I'm doing the Universal Orlando Informer Meetup the next night, so don't know if I want to do 2 after hours events in a row!

Completely get that predicament. With all the runDisney races I do I am used crazy sleeping schedules or whatever at WDW. I am doing a Halloween party and then a runDisney race the next morning. I will definitely need a nap that day...

Completely get that predicament. With all the runDisney races I do I am used crazy sleeping schedules or whatever at WDW. I am doing a Halloween party and then a runDisney race the next morning. I will definitely need a nap that day...
Wow! Yeah, may be better just to not bother sleeping at all!

Hi Ryan!

Joining in! I just read all nine pages so I couldn't quote, but I'm enjoying your trip report…I really appreciate your brevity, it makes for very easy reading!

I've done a couple Run Disney races but after the last one I said I was done…I don't get down to WDW enough to want my trips revolving around the races. If I'm ever lucky enough to go more frequently, I'd do some more.

They just added an AK DAH event for when we are there next March and I'm seriously considering it if it works with our plans. Anytime I can sneak in a couple rides on FOP, I'm in!

Can't wait to read more :-)

After hours at AK looks awesome! Really light crowds if you can get on FoP with a 15 min wait! I didn't know that you got free soft drinks and popcorn too.

Hi Ryan!

Joining in! I just read all nine pages so I couldn't quote, but I'm enjoying your trip report…I really appreciate your brevity, it makes for very easy reading!

I've done a couple Run Disney races but after the last one I said I was done…I don't get down to WDW enough to want my trips revolving around the races. If I'm ever lucky enough to go more frequently, I'd do some more.

They just added an AK DAH event for when we are there next March and I'm seriously considering it if it works with our plans. Anytime I can sneak in a couple rides on FOP, I'm in!

Can't wait to read more :-)

Thanks for joining in!

runDisney is the majority or my trips these days.

DAH is a great way to get on FOP with little wait!
After hours at AK looks awesome! Really light crowds if you can get on FoP with a 15 min wait! I didn't know that you got free soft drinks and popcorn too.
Yeah! You get popcorn, soda, water, and Mickey ice cream bars included!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!