Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

Another Magic Kingdom Morning!

I AM BACK! I hope you all didn't leave me ;)

I don't know why but I went to MK a lot in the morning this trip. First up was Pirates!

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5434 2.JPG

IMG_5442.jpg

Then my favorite Magic Kingdom ride... The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

IMG_5443.jpg

I stopped at Starbucks for a beverage and snack. This brownie was a special limited time treat. It was good but would be been much better with ice cream niot just whipped cream...

IMG_5445.jpg

Off to Neverland!

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

I went for an AC break next. Mickey's Philharmagic! I haven't seen this show in a while so I was excited to check it out.

IMG_5458.jpg

I went through Tomorrowland and noticed something missing...

IMG_5459.jpg

The sign was gone! It went away overnight for a brand new look.

IMG_5462.jpg

Up Next: Shop till you drop...

Great to see you updating again!

I stopped at Starbucks for a beverage and snack. This brownie was a special limited time treat. It was good but would be been much better with ice cream niot just whipped cream...

IMG_5445.jpg

This looks so delicious!!!

MK is a great way to start the day!

That brownie looks good but I would not be able to finish that myself lol.

Looking forward to hearing about your shopping in the next post!

Shop till you drop...

So I headed back to Saratoga Springs. I didn't have any major plans until the evening. I decided to take some time at the pool. Pool time is something I rarely do because its either too cold or I don't really have time. It was great to actually relax and sit at the pool!

IMG_5465.jpg

I went to the Paddock Pool for those who know SSR. I got lunch and a margarita while there as well.

IMG_5466.jpg

After an hour or so I headed to Disney Springs for a bit. I really love being so close and able to just walk there.

Work continued on the renovated rooms at SSR...

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

I went to World of Disney as my mom was seeking a shirt and also grabbed something for my sister. They had these new long sleeve WDW shirts that came out that week in bright colors. I actually got one for myself as well in addition for my mom. Being from WI long sleeve shirts come in handy...

I got my sister this retro looking shirt.

IMG_5472.jpg

After World of Disney I headed to the other side as I had heard the NBA store was open.

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

It was actually interesting. They had some general NBA stuff, Disney basketball themed things and then NBA Experience merchandise.

IMG_5478.jpg

I didn't buy a MagicBand but if I did it would be the Bucks one ;) #FearTheDeer

Shaq's shoe anyone?

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

Continued in the next post...

Last edited:
Shop till you drop...

I went to the Vera Bradley store and the Ever After Jewelry to look for other things for my other sister.

IMG_9972.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_5498.jpg

I then headed back to the hotel quick to drop my stuff off, change and then head back to Disney Springs to catch the bus to Coronado Springs! A new to me resort that happened to open their brand new Gran Destino Tower that day!

Up next: Dahlia!

Being able to walk to DS would be so convenient- I love spending time there, but I never thought about the convenience of hopping on a bus to other resorts.

Being able to walk to DS would be so convenient- I love spending time there, but I never thought about the convenience of hopping on a bus to other resorts.
Being able to walk to DS is just as convenient as being able to walk to a park really. And when you have a reservation at another resort or something it really cuts out the time to travel to another park and then travel back to another resort. Now Disney Springs does have IMO the worst bus stop. Many times you’ll be there and see 3 buses for another resort and 0 for the one you’re trying to go too...

Being able to walk to DS is just as convenient as being able to walk to a park really. And when you have a reservation at another resort or something it really cuts out the time to travel to another park and then travel back to another resort. Now Disney Springs does have IMO the worst bus stop. Many times you’ll be there and see 3 buses for another resort and 0 for the one you’re trying to go too...
I completely agree about the DS bus stop- that's definitely where we have our longest waits.

Saying goodbye...

As I am sure many of you know Epcot will be going through a TON of changes in the coming years and many of the closures begin later this year. So this would be my last trip seeing many of these things before the walls go up.

The first thing leaving that I won't miss is the giant Leave a Legacy Monoliths. They have already started this of course and its amazing how open it is now.

View attachment 418979

My first order of business was a ride on Soarin and everyones favorite flight crew member Patrick!

View attachment 418980

After Soarin' over the world I headed back to the grand and miraculous spaceship up front.

View attachment 418981

This image is fitting considering the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

View attachment 418982

Then I ventured off to Club Cool to get my soda fix before this closes and changes. There was no Beverly available while I was there.

View attachment 418984

Next I headed into World Showcase. I grabbed a margarita in Mexico which ended up not being that great but I moved along to the America pavilion and caught the Guardians show. It wasn't bad but its so weird having this in World Showcase.

View attachment 418985

After rocking out with Starlord I waited for the next Voices of Liberty performance. While I was waiting I saw some people going into Club 33. I wanted to sneak in behind them...

View attachment 418986

I also went to check out the Liberty Inn before it closed later that week. In all my times at Epcot I had never seen this place.

View attachment 418987

Then finally it was time for the Voices of Liberty!

View attachment 418988

They are always a great time.

Continued in Next Post...
The picture of the Liberty Inn dining room has a flag on the wall. At first glance I thought it was the Wisconsin seal. But looking closer, I see that there are two ladies in that seal, not two men. Very cool way to catch all of Epcot one last time!

The picture of the Liberty Inn dining room has a flag on the wall. At first glance I thought it was the Wisconsin seal. But looking closer, I see that there are two ladies in that seal, not two men. Very cool way to catch all of Epcot one last time!
I didn't even notice that! I probably would've noticed it for sure had it been the Wisconsin flag.

I still don't know how I feel about this NBA Experience thing. But that might be because I'm not a big basketball fan these days (side effect of being somewhat a Knicks fan). I'm all for new things, though, and it looks like the store might be worth checking out.

Fun fact (that I actually just randomly remembered): I used to have a Milwaukee Bucks pen. I think my dad had a parent in his school whose company sold a lot of sports novelty stuff or something so we got random things (I might be making that up, but it definitely came from a parent at my dad's school) ... I also had a Mets watch (this was back when I was a Mets fan, so it must have been when I was pretty young). I don't know why the pen was specifically the Bucks.

I still don't know how I feel about this NBA Experience thing. But that might be because I'm not a big basketball fan these days (side effect of being somewhat a Knicks fan). I'm all for new things, though, and it looks like the store might be worth checking out.

Fun fact (that I actually just randomly remembered): I used to have a Milwaukee Bucks pen. I think my dad had a parent in his school whose company sold a lot of sports novelty stuff or something so we got random things (I might be making that up, but it definitely came from a parent at my dad's school) ... I also had a Mets watch (this was back when I was a Mets fan, so it must have been when I was pretty young). I don't know why the pen was specifically the Bucks.
The store was nice. I am not rushing to do the experience though.

Dahlia!

One of the more exciting parts of my trip was checking out the brand new Gran Destino tower! I was lucky enough to score an opening night reservation around fireworks time. I wasn't sure how much of the fireworks you would be able to see though.

A look at the new bus stop. Coming from Disney Springs this stop is first. I believe from the parks it is last at Coronado.

IMG_5499.jpg

Main entrance

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg

And the grand lobby

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

It really is gorgeous.

A look at the Barcelona Lounge...

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

I headed up to the 16th floor next for the Dahlia lounge. Interesting note about the elevators, you select your floor on the outside and then it tells you which elevator will take you there.

IMG_5508.jpg

Continued in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter