Summer hair, don't care

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
That's a lie, I do care.

What do you do with your hair in the summer at Disneyland?

I've never been to Disneyland in the summer. I have long, thick, slightly wavy hair.

Normally I look like I am auditioning to be an extra in a production of the Lion King when I am in humidity. I know California summers are much dryer but I tend to still get pouffy hair even in dry heat if I am sweating. Last summer we went to WDW and I embraced the natural and for once my hair actually looked pretty good in my pics. I finger combed, used product on very wet hair etc. I prefer my hair to be straight though.

Any tips? Tricks? Products?

That's a lie, I do care.

I've never been to Disneyland in the summer. I have long, thick, slightly wavy hair.

Normally I look like I am auditioning to be an extra in a production of the Lion King when I am in humidity. I know California summers are much dryer but I tend to still get pouffy hair even in dry heat if I am sweating. Last summer we went to WDW and I embraced the natural and for once my hair actually looked pretty good in my pics. I finger combed, used product on very wet hair etc. I prefer my hair to be straight though.

My hair goes super frizzy so for summer, I go with a Brazilian blowout. I don't have to do anything at all but wash it and it stays smooth and shiny. You do need to use sulfate - free shampoo but I don't even need conditioner. Lasts me about 5 months. The first day it looks super flat but that goes away quickly. You can still style it /curl it if you want. Mine runs $200 plus tip.

One tip to keeping down frizz is to be sure you hair is well hydrated in advance. So, I use lots of leave in conditioner. Then I use a get that leaves my curls "crunchy" and use my hands to soften the "crunch" a little, but Id rather be slightly crunchy than totally frizzy. Plus I wear my minnie ears. They help to control my hair cover up some of the craziness! LOL! Good luck! I also look like I could star in the Lion King!

Count me in as one who has long, thick, slightly curly hair. My go-to for the parks is either a single braid, or up in a bun. For me it's way easier than dealing with my hair being down, getting blown around on rides, and keeps my neck a whole lot cooler since my hair isn't sitting on it.

I shower and straighten my hair during our midday break. Its nice to return to the park in the evening cooler and sweat-free. Then the following morning I use dry shampoo and touch up with a straightener if I need to. It makes mornings so much easier.

I shower and straighten my hair during our midday break. Its nice to return to the park in the evening cooler and sweat-free. Then the following morning I use dry shampoo and touch up with a straightener if I need to. It makes mornings so much easier.
This could work for me too. We take midday breaks, usually pretty long ones. Thanks!

One tip to keeping down frizz is to be sure you hair is well hydrated in advance. So, I use lots of leave in conditioner. Then I use a get that leaves my curls "crunchy" and use my hands to soften the "crunch" a little, but Id rather be slightly crunchy than totally frizzy. Plus I wear my minnie ears. They help to control my hair cover up some of the craziness! LOL! Good luck! I also look like I could star in the Lion King!
This is exactly what I did last summer!! I found that once my hair was totally dry I could uncrunch it a bit lol

I have lots of really thick hair. It's usually in a ponytail or some kind of braid or something. It's just way too hot for me to leave it down and then it starts sticking to me and my neck gets hot and I get cranky...
No fun!

it's usually a pony and/or bun for me. Keeps it out of my face and cooler as it is off my neck. Of course, it has to fit around my Minnie ears!

I'm a hair dresser, so of course I always wanted my hair to look great in my DL pictures. I'd get up crazy early to style it before getting to rope drop. Then one year our trip fell during a heat wave with temps over 100° every day. I gave up on great looking hair and started putting it up in a messy bun just to stay cool. I thought I'd hate the pictures with it that way, but I didn't! I just looked like I was on a summer vacation, which I was, and that was ok. Ever since that trip, I always just pull my hair up while I'm at the parks. It's just so much cooler and it's so nice to have it out of the way on rides. I say be comfortable and don't worry about it!

My two favorite go to products are igk beach club and bumble finishing spray. My hair is long and thick but my issue is humidity makes mine go flat and lose all body. So I use my curling wand, use the finishing spray, and finish it off with the beach club spray to give it more texture. When I throw it up when it gets hot I try to use a hairband that doesn’t dent it so I can fluff it up again during our break.

BUT our hair issues seem to be opposite so my advice may not pertain to your hair!

I have found that the bumble finishing spray withstands all humidity thrown at it though so could be useful if you want it to keep a certain texture!

I highly recommend Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. It keeps frizz/flyaways at bay and smells amazing!

That's a lie, I do care.

I wear a Disney baseball cap with a ponytail out the back. In the pool or in the evening, I wear it in a bun on top of my head. It’s basically how I summer anywhere. It’s currently 90 degrees in Connecticut.

Naturally my hair looks like a half grown out 80s perm. I straighten it or pony tail mine. This time I’m going to bring my curl secret and throw a Minnie headband on. At least if it’s wavy and messy it almost looks intentional. I’ve also got a product called my shine secret that is basically a super thick oil like gel to control frizz, so I’m going to try that too.

I’m always amazed at the locals that have beautiful long hair and perfect makeup and seem incapable of sweating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter