DS – Lewis – 14

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Day 4

Last day :sad1:

Wednesday 7 August

We were up and organised for check out and had already agreed to have a bit of a lazy morning so we could just check out and leave our bags. We took our bags to the bag store which is outside the front entrance and to the left. Then we were off round the lake and on our way to the parks.

First stop was Salon Mickey. It looked quite busy when we went in and the CM said we might want to come back later instead. But we just decided to go in and within a few minutes lots of people started to leave so we got a seat ok. We enjoyed our breakfast again in here. When I was ready to leave, the CM said that we couldn't enter the park as our AP had a blockout day. I had already given the CM our hotel passes and explained that we could. She said we were wrong and made a telephone call. When she came back she said again we could not enter the park today. I explained we had been doing so since Sunday and that the CM on Monday was able to validate our passes without a problem. She said we could not go into the park via the door or the turn-styles outside and would need to go to the guest services window. She was very nice, polite and apologetic however she was incorrect with her information. In the end we left Salon Mickey and went into the park using the turn-style right beside it. Had we not been so sure of the process we may well have ended up at guest services or leaving completely. I've since emailed the shareholders club to ask them to ensure their staff provide consistent information. They have replied and apologised and confirmed that I was correct. They've also advised they'll arrange further staff training......let's hope so.

Anyway, time to enjoy our last few hours in the park.

Top of our list was Big Thunder Mountain. It was around 11:20 now.

Another fab time on this!

The parks were quite busy and there was stuff we wanted to do in the Studios so decided to say bye bye to Disneyland Park for this trip and headed off to the Studios via Liberty Arcade.

We'd been to New York a few weeks before our Disney trip so had to take a wee photo of this.

Abbey and John went off to Tower of Terror and Lewis and I spent some time in the shops to pick up some gifts

Goofy was meeting in the front lot

Last edited:
We had a mooch around - it was really busy here too. We found a bench near Tower of Terror and enjoyed the sunshine for a while.

Armageddon is gone! Finally..... We liked the Marvel posters around here

The others finished, we went towards Aerosmith as Abbey wanted to ride it for the last time.

After Abbey finished, we passed the brolly and there was a bit of a queue to get pictures taken so we didn't stop. I've since learned that it's been removed....kicking myself now for not waiting. But, we have to a ton of photos there so I suppose we'll just need to reminisce if it doesn't return.....

Final time now for Ratatoullie and the band were playing outside

It was lunchtime now and we wanted to eat before heading off to the airport. Bye, bye Studios for this visit.

Love this poster

We made our way through the village towards Earl of Sandwich

Abbey wanted pizza instead so she went off to the deli and then met up with us upstairs and we enjoyed our final lunch of this trip.

Full up we left here and as we had some time to spare got some ice cream from the Ben and Jerry's stand at the end of the village and sat on the steps by the lake enjoying the sun.

So looking forward to trying out the New York next year

Time now to head back to the hotel

Then it was time for our pick up to the airport. We collected our bags and Ezyshuttle were waiting for us, as they always are. Honestly, I cannot recommend them enough - perfect, stress free service every time.

Ezyshuttle always recommend a pickup time 3 hours before flight time and I'm glad they do because the airport was absolutely packed today. Normally we only take hand luggage, but had a case to check in this time and that, coupled with security/passport it took us just over an hour to get to the gate. Still lots of time to spare but I'd have been panicked if we'd left it any later. We are normally at our gate within about 15 minutes of being dropped off but I've never seen the airport as busy as this before. Obviously peak holiday season, but still absolutely mobbed.

Anyway, it turned out that our flight was delayed. Initially by 1 hour and then extended to almost 4 hours. Eventually we were on our way back to Manchester and then enjoyed (lol) an almost 4 hour drive home......finally home and into bed at around 2:30am, 3:30am Disney time :faint:

Final thoughts

I always finish our trip reports by saying we had a fantastic time, and we really did again :flower1: Yes, we did experience a few annoyances but nothing at all that would spoil our holiday. The hotel was fine, not my first choice but certainly nothing extreme that would stop us from staying again. Honestly, we probably won't but that's just because of our personal preferences.

We noticed that we didn't rush around (we never do) and the freedom of having Abbey's pass was actually really relaxing knowing we didn't need to over-plan things. The access lines are still busy at times and there were occasions where we used the main line instead when the wait wasn't too long. I think it's amazing that Disney do this but we didn't want to abuse it, therefore in the main only used once per ride, per day. We didn't want to keep going back on the same ride over and over again. I think the exception was Big Thunder Mountain, where we rode it twice one day. As I said previously, I wish we didn't need it at all and would happily stand in lines all day if it meant Abbey didn't need to deal with the health issues she has. But I'm really thankful for it as it made her trip so much easier :thumbsup2

We ate in places we hadn't for years or had never tired. I think we've eaten at every table service restaurant at some point or another over the years with the exception of The Silver Spur Steakhouse. That'll be on our list next time. We also had a look at King Ludwigs in the Village and might try that too. So we ate more counter service this trip than we have before. Bella Notte was a surprise hit as was the Lucky Nugget Saloon. :)

Although we went to see the Lion King show, we didn't see any of the other things going on at the hub. We caught snippets of it but didn't go along especially to see it. We also didn't watch the parade as we've seen it so many other times. And Illuminations has no interest for any of us (bring back Dreams!!!) so it was nice to get out of the park before the crowds.

We definitely settle into a very different routine these days and will almost certainly renew our annual passes later in the year. The re-vamp of the Hotel New York is top of our list as the next thing we want to experience at Disneyland Paris. I'm pretty sure that after all these years we'll be back in our favourite place again before too long :love:

The swag....

More of the Ratatoullie glasses we already have - two had broken so they had to be replaced, lol

Nice CoCo glasses we found in Frontierland. We got 4 of these

Abbey's thermal cup

And mine..

Sticker book Abbey got from the Storybook Store

Minnie Parisian umbrella I got to match the purse I bought in February

Lion King popcorn bucket

That's it :wave2:

Great report. I love Abbey's Alice in Wonderland Jumper. You should have watched the Jungle Book jive. That was one of my favourite Lion King things it was soooo colourful and soooo much going on around the hub for it. Thank you for the tip about picking up the disability pass at the hotel reception btw Momma was able to get hers there even if they did give her the wrong one :rolleyes:

Great report. I love Abbey's Alice in Wonderland Jumper. You should have watched the Jungle Book jive. That was one of my favourite Lion King things it was soooo colourful and soooo much going on around the hub for it. Thank you for the tip about picking up the disability pass at the hotel reception btw Momma was able to get hers there even if they did give her the wrong one :rolleyes:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed following along. Hope you have a lovely time too :)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed following along. Hope you have a lovely time too :)
Our trip was great. The trip report is linked below if you want to read. I was pulled up to take part in a few things which has never happened before :scared1: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!