Suggestions?

firefly1010

Earning My Ears
Hello~

I wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I would start here. I am looking for general suggestions on a WDW trip for 2021. I would like to spend my 50th birthday next year at WDW. It would be in late April. I was thinking of just a few days. I would love to stay at the Contemporary, as staying there has always been on my bucket list. However, I'd rather not spend my next 50 years paying it off!
I was thinking of renting DVC points from David's timeshare to stay there. Would it be better to go thru a TA instead? I would love to go with my son, who would be 17, but he is being a bit of a pill recently, so I'm not sure if we would enjoy the trip together. I'm not sure if I have anyone else who would be able to join me. I'm not sure if I want to spend my 50th alone?
Sorry if this is a bit convoluted. Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or advice for me?
TIA!

Hello~

I wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I would start here. I am looking for general suggestions on a WDW trip for 2021. I would like to spend my 50th birthday next year at WDW. It would be in late April. I was thinking of just a few days. I would love to stay at the Contemporary, as staying there has always been on my bucket list. However, I'd rather not spend my next 50 years paying it off!
I was thinking of renting DVC points from David's timeshare to stay there. Would it be better to go thru a TA instead? I would love to go with my son, who would be 17, but he is being a bit of a pill recently, so I'm not sure if we would enjoy the trip together. I'm not sure if I have anyone else who would be able to join me. I'm not sure if I want to spend my 50th alone?
Sorry if this is a bit convoluted. Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or advice for me?
TIA!
If you repost this in the Disney resorts i bet peeps there can help more than i can..
We had a vacation where we changed resorts once. It was not as bad as i thought because disney moved our things when we were at the parks. I would also love to stay at the contemporary but i cant pay 700+ a night for a room.
My son is 25 i would so love to have a mom/son visit... i understand the teenage attitude hopefully you can before he is off to college.

Dave's is going to rent you points at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary resort. It's a different building so I wanted to make sure you are aware. Since Bay Lake is points, the points are charged at a lower cost than a stay on the Contemporary side would be.

Renting DVC points is a great way to check out DVC properties at a reduced price and we will probably use them on our next trip for a 2 week stay. An important thing to note though, is make sure you read all the rules ( especially around cancelations ) just so you know what your getting into. Nothing worse than having one set of expectations and getting something completely different.

I have used David's DVC in the past and it was a great experience. They give you responses very quickly and you can arrange dining plans and Magical Express easily through them. David's has been around for years so I know they would not leave you hanging if you have questions/problems. Renting points will definitely be cheaper than going through Disney. I know The Timeshare store also does rentals but I have never used them. Be aware though, that, unlike hotel reservations, cancellation is not really an option in most cases so you need to take that into account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!