Suggestions Wanted: Where to stay the first night?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hi Friends,

I'm hoping you could share thoughts or opinions on where to stay on my first night for an upcoming short trip in October.

DD's school has THUR (10/10) and FRI (10/11) before Columbus Day off. So we planned on taking her out of school on WED (10/09).

initally we didn't want to take her out MON/TUES because we weren't sure how classes would go, etc.,
or how far we wanted to push it with unexcused absences early in the year;
we got nailed with a pretty sick classroom last winter and missed extra days

SO anyway.. we booked 10/09 thru 10/14 at POFQ. A short trip seemed fine. We'll likely skip the madness around DHS this trip and maybe hit that on another short trip next year.

BUT, as it always happens, we're now wanting to get a little more time while we're there, so we're thinking of grabbing DD midday TUES to drive down from North GA. I was going to simply add TUES (10/08) to POFQ, but I've checked in morn/night on the web site the past week and there's nothing available there. When I check for a Value for that one night, nothing shows up there either. POR shows availability, but I'm wondering if it's worth it for $230 when we'll get there at 8pm and will have to move the next day.

Is there some other obvious option that I'm blanking on?

We're not sweating it. Our plan if we don't find a good Disney solution is to find someplace cheap an hour or so out from Orlando, and hit the ground running Wednesday morning.

Thanks in advance for your input,
TandDandE

Personally we stay off site a lot. In general it's cheaper and we can spend the extra on other things like parties. I would say you can always stay off site and get up earlier and drop off your stuff at Bell Services.

Personally we stay off site a lot. In general it's cheaper and we can spend the extra on other things like parties. I would say you can always stay off site and get up earlier and drop off your stuff at Bell Services.

Thanks for the reply!
Which off-site locations have you liked best?

Thanks for the reply!
Which off-site locations have you liked best?
We have stayed at Windsor Hills condos twice now and once at Courtyard Marriott Vacation Village. We're staying at a Storey Lake townhouse this upcoming trip, they have a lazy river. We like staying at Windsor Hills because it's cheap and very close to MK. Like 8-10 min drive.

I've always been happy with Holiday Inn Celebration. Stayed there several times when we were off-property. They show availability for Oct 8. Their normal prices are about half Value rates, and if you have an Entertainment Card, the price can get downright cheap.

Go out their driveway, turn right onto I-Drive at the 2nd lights (at Logan's Roadhouse and Walgreens) go under 417; take a left at the lights after the cows (insider joke) and you're on West Osceola Parkway, with a straight road right onto property. POFQ is about 5 miles or around 10-15 minutes if it's not a jam-packed morning.

But if POR is available i would stay there. This way in the morning you don't have to pack up and change resorts. You most likely won't get to check in until 4p.m the next day so this way you are already settled an ready to enjoy your short time there.

I'd probably find a well reviewed Hampton Inn on I-drive or near Universal. I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites near Sea World (7003 Sea Harbor Dr) recently and it was nice. Coffee and breakfast were included for a very reasonable rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter