Suggestions : Toronto/Ontario based TA to help book Royal Caribbean cruise

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Would appreciate suggestions for a travel agent in the GTA who is savvy and knows the tricks etc for getting the best deals for cruising on Royal Caribbean. I have cruised many times before so I don’t necessarily need someone just to orient me to cruising, but would like someone who is attentive and responsive and would notify me for price changes (although it looks like RC’s non refundable booking system may make that more challenging). Of course any good OBC or other offers would be nice too :)

Thanks. Was hoping to end up paying in Canadian dollars for practical reasons so I assumed a local TA would work better. However if anyone believes paying in USD is a bette financial decision let me know.

Coming only from my personal experience, but we’re using a Canadian, Disney approved, TA and we still have to pay in USD.

We’re planning on using Canadian purchased Disney giftcards to avoid the credit card foreign currency fees but it would still be converted to US upon payment.

Maybe the TAs with store fronts might operate in CAD? I don’t know.

RCCL bills in Canadian Dollars if you select the Canadian geographical region on their site.

Still looking for suggestions - my main criteria is someone who will keep looking for price drops. While I guess I can do it myself, it's a pain to then have to call RC to adjust.

Still looking for suggestions - my main criteria is someone who will keep looking for price drops. While I guess I can do it myself, it's a pain to then have to call RC to adjust.

You are aware that Royal makes you pay a higher fare for "refundable" deposit? The one defaulted on their website is non-refundable.

You don't see the option to choose the "refundable" fare until you enter everyone's information.

I believe you have to pay $100 per person if you make a change, so your price drop needs to be worth it to lose $100 per person.

You are aware that Royal makes you pay a higher fare for "refundable" deposit? The one defaulted on their website is non-refundable.

You don't see the option to choose the "refundable" fare until you enter everyone's information.

I believe you have to pay $100 per person if you make a change, so your price drop needs to be worth it to lose $100 per person.

From reading other message boards, I had the impression that if RC's price drops for the same cruise and cabin category, that a price adjustment could still be made without losing your deposit or paying a change fee. Only if you change itineraries would the change fee apply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, in which case, I guess it doesn't make sense for a TA to look for price changes.

I always book through Royal directly and check for price drops daily myself (if that's all you want a TA for). Then when I see it drop, I call Royal. Quick and easy and no third party in between.
Just keep in mind to account for any deals that you got with your existing booking (e..g if you had OBC and you re-price, you will lose that OBC)

I highly suggest the TA who handles our cruises. She goes above and beyond for her clients and my husband and I recommend her to whoever asks.
She is based in Whitby. Her name is Susan Fisher at Expedia Cruise Ship Centers (susanfisher@*********************) and her phone number is 905-655-9696. If you collect point on Expedia.ca, you can also collect through her. If you notice that your cruise price drops after you have paid your deposit, she'll rebook you at the lower prices.
Good luck and happy cruising!

I highly suggest the TA who handles our cruises. She goes above and beyond for her clients and my husband and I recommend her to whoever asks.
She is based in Whitby. Her name is Susan Fisher at Expedia Cruise Ship Centers (susanfisher@*********************) and her phone number is 905-655-9696. If you collect point on Expedia.ca, you can also collect through her. If you notice that your cruise price drops after you have paid your deposit, she'll rebook you at the lower prices.
Good luck and happy cruising!

Fantastic. Thank you.

Tracey at Dreams Unlimited travel is Canadian. She is a fantastic agent. I used her before she went to Dreams and since, and recommend her to anyone looking for cruising or Disney.

At the end of the day, make sure that you're comfortable with your TA, and that they will work with you to try and get the trip that you want.

From reading other message boards, I had the impression that if RC's price drops for the same cruise and cabin category, that a price adjustment could still be made without losing your deposit or paying a change fee. Only if you change itineraries would the change fee apply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, in which case, I guess it doesn't make sense for a TA to look for price changes.

Refaring does not compromise the non refundable offer or generate a penalty fee. One thing to consider , many travel agencies hold group space on sailings with pricing secured far out and at attractive pricing and associated offers. With cruises - the farther ahead you book - the better the offers!

Tracey at Dreams Unlimited travel is Canadian. She is a fantastic agent. I used her before she went to Dreams and since, and recommend her to anyone looking for cruising or Disney.
While she is Canadian she does not book RCCL in Canadian dollars, only US. I believe it has to do with working for Dreams and them being a US company. I checked on this before. It just doesn't make a lick of sense to book in US dollars with the fluctuation being what it is.

I use Costco. They give me a gift card and its usually in the hundreds so quite good. They don't 'watch' your reservation however if you find a price change you just need to call them and they will get that done. I have done several on all our cruises booked through them. I don't mind checking a few times a week especially since I get the Costco gift card and the better rate.

And just to clarify, we book with non refundable rates and we change our reservation, no fees, anytime I see a price drop. RCCL drops their prices fairly often, DCL does not so I don't check those sailings.

Some cruise lines such as Disney - Crystal etc only book in USD.
But all pricing begins with USD and the exchange rate to sell in CAD is updated 2-3 x a year in conjunction to our dollar fluctuations. Sometimes it can be preferable to book in USD depending when the last time the USD-CAD rate was amended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts