Suggestions to improve sleep 8 ppl/2 bdr

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
8 women, all over 50, some aren't easy sleepers, will be sharing a BCV dedicated 2 bedroom. The living room sleep sofa is my concern. Based on my BWV I don't find them comfortable but tolerable for one person. Worried it'll be a disaster for 2 grown women. Looking for input or suggestions....
Should I consider an additional mattress topper to improve the comfort? Or an aerobed to provide another bed for one of the women. Or plan C, just push cocktails and hope no one notices.
Thanks all.

Plan C, I agree with. My question is are you flying in or driving? We use a twin aero for our youngest when we travel, flops way to much to sleep with anyone. The bed rolls up easily in a carry on rolling duffle bag, including the pump, set of sheets, pillow and blanket. I know my queen aero bed would fit in the same duffle because I have taken it to the in laws before. We have used in the past a self inflating camping mattress under the mattress on the pull out couch at Kidani, and BWV. Check out the camping equipment at Walmart at this time of year, lots of times both inflatable mattresses and sleeping pads are on clearance.

Always plan C. Even if you decide on the other options as well! But, if you do find that it is uncomfortable, one option is to spread the wealth and switch up who sleeps there.

To be honest, I am someone who likes a harder sleeping surface and sometimes the beds, especially at VGF, are a little too mushy. So, maybe someone in your group is similar.

Have fun!

Maybe put the easiest, deepest sleepers on the sofa bed? Hopefully 1-2 of the group will find it ok.

(i'm over 50, personally, any time I'm not battling DH for covers or dealing with his snoring is a win for me!)

Ideally, everything should work out well if you are able to get a renovated 2 bedroom. Those have Murphy queen beds in the living room instead of the sofa. The Murphy beds have a real mattress and are said to be quite comfortable.

Good luck! Sounds like a fun trip!

Ideally, everything should work out well if you are able to get a renovated 2 bedroom. Those have Murphy queen beds in the living room instead of the sofa. The Murphy beds have a real mattress and are said to be quite comfortable.

Good luck! Sounds like a fun trip!

What? When did that happen? I thought the renovations at SSR will be the first resort to get them. Riviera will be the first resort built using them.

Laura

Ear plugs will be your friend! Plus, an inflatable extra mattress (and can you ask for a cot to be brought in?)

Plan C. I am well over 50 and sleep on the pullout with grown daughter. We always laugh about it. I have a couple of drinks and I really am just happy to be off my feet at the end of the night. (Frequently spend 10 nights in a row too).

@LauraLea - Check it out for yourself:

Tour of Newly Refurbished SSR Two Bedroom

Note that the rehab will not be completed until sometime in 2021, so you may not be able to get a rehabbed villa (especially if you booked Standard view). It appears they are doing the Preferred buildings first. Also, the 2 bedrooms will sleep 9 - there's another Murphy bed under the TV. It's a bit shorter than a twin, but a shorter adult may be able to sleep on it quite comfortably.

@LauraLea - Check it out for yourself:

Tour of Newly Refurbished SSR Two Bedroom

Note that the rehab will not be completed until sometime in 2021, so you may not be able to get a rehabbed villa (especially if you booked Standard view). It appears they are doing the Preferred buildings first. Also, the 2 bedrooms will sleep 9 - there's another Murphy bed under the TV. It's a bit shorter than a twin, but a shorter adult may be able to sleep on it quite comfortably.

Yes, SSR. But OP has a Beach Club villa booked.

Laura

Yes, SSR. But OP has a Beach Club villa booked.

Laura
Missed that. Don't know why I thought she had booked SSR. I am impressed with SSR remodel, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :)

I have slept on the sofa bed at BCV before and did not have a problem at all. I do like a more firm bed so I’m sure that helped. Not in my 50’s, still holding on to my 40’s.

My personal opinion is that is too many for that room. Not technically, of course, but practically speaking. I would have leaned towards OKW for the extra space, or Kidani/BLT for the 3rd bathroom, OR adding a studio/resort hotel room for 2 of the 8.

We used to stay at BCV 2BRs all the time (4 kids, 6 people total). But we were a bit crunched because none of the teens wanted to share a bed. We DID find space for 1 or even 2 twin Aerobeds in the room. We would take my special needs son on one in the master BR. (And the other inside the 2nd BR, when it is not a lockoff there is a little more space to do that). Other times we just had the one in the master and one son would take the sofa bed. There are a couple of different 2BR room layouts. We preferred the one with the door to the 2nd BR as you enter. The other layout has the door on the far side of the room, past the TV. The problem with that one is that when that sofa bed is opened up, you can't get to the door to the 2nd BR without hopping over the corner of the sofa bed. (is this better now, with a flat screen TV? I hope so?)

But good luck and have fun, sounds like a nice ladies trip. You will laugh at any problems (eventually) lol. We had 3 ladies in a WL bunk bed room, and I CALLED the top bunk, and OMG it was nuts and we laugh about it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!