Suggestions please

Connie of Trenton

mums the word
I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions about how they have done scrapbooks for their kids. Like do you do their book in order of how things happened by age or by different groupings of events? Just looking for different ideas of what others have done before I start my daughters book. Thanks for any ideas. :)

Well I have not thought about this before but iy appears when I look at my work that I like to do things chronologically, I really like to have a time line! I did do one album that was themes and not chronological and it did turn out well! How do you organize your photo albums? That may give you an idea of what style will work for you! I also need to start an album for my son who is 9 (alot of catch-up) and think I will do it chronologically as well.
Happy Scrappin!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

I find it to be more motivating to me to chose an event and scrap on it. I use a three ring binder with page protectors so I then can go back and put the pages in choronological order. I have done some special event and used a smaller albums just to keep them seperate - such as my cousins wedding.

I like to keep my books in chronological order. :)

I too like to start out working with a three ring binder with page protectors. I like to scrap on whatever the spirit moves me to do at the time. It is just so easy to pop open the rings and slip the page into where it belongs. Once I get to what I think might be the end of the album, I then lay them out on the floor like a story board. Then I will know what goes on the back of what. Then they go into their permanent album. Sounds complicated, but it works for me.

I like to do mine chronologically. Because I am so far behind, I work on current pictures as I get them, and then go back and work on the others as I have time. I also have separate albums for special things, and just do a couple of pages in each of the kid's albums for these things (i.e. Disney trips). What helps me a lot is using the CM power layout boards (any page-sized cardboard would do). I don't design each page as I lay them out, I just use them to group my pictures and put them in chronological order. Then I stack the boards in order and design each page as I come to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter