Suggestions for studio location OKW

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
39 days till we arrive at OKW! :) We have 2 studios and I am interested to hear from my fellow disers on room/building suggestions. Are there any that have a view of Illuminations? Do all of the studios have full balconys? Do any of the buildings have elevators close to the Hospitality house? Where are the laundry facilities? I am just full of questions this morning! :teeth: Stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW before but didn't see much of the resort as we were stuck inside due to Hurricane Jeanne (but what a great place to be stuck if you have to be "stuck" somewhere! ) TIA

Last Oct. we stayed in studio 6433 at OKW. Building 64 has an elevator. We were on the third floor and the balcony looked at a pond on the golf course. I sat on the balcony and watched a little green lizard climb a tree up so high. DH and I were so pleased with the room, we are afraid to go to OKW again because we can't believe that anything else could live up to the expectation of this one.

A negative is that you have to park across the street so to speak, not right in front of the building, but it wasn't a far walk or anything like that. We swam at the pool near the Miller's road bus stop. We walked to the pool. We walked to the HH to the store for some groceries.

The main pool was being refurbished when we were there, but we were more than happy with the quiet pool, and the laundry facilities were there at the pool for us to use.

I had only asked for non-smoking. At the time, I didn't realize that OKW didn't have elevators in all buildings. Perhaps we could hear the buses pass by as they did their rounds of the resort. We loved the room, but be aware that someone wrote a negative room report on this very same room. This was pointed out after I came home and did a rave review.

Pixie dust for you to be happy with your room!

Bobbi :wizard:

Why 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom? The studios often have obstructed views at OKW, but there certainly are some decent ones too. I have never paid much attention to them, because we usualy have a 2 or 3 bedroom. I do know that the studios have full sized balconys, but they are small compared to the size of the 1,2,and 3 bedroom villa balcony.

dianeschlicht said:
Why 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom? The studios often have obstructed views at OKW, but there certainly are some decent ones too. I have never paid much attention to them, because we usualy have a 2 or 3 bedroom. I do know that the studios have full sized balconys, but they are small compared to the size of the 1,2,and 3 bedroom villa balcony.

We are a group of 9. Two seperate families. My family includes me, dd19, dd14 and ds6. Chip 126's family includes...chip126, her mom, ds16, ds 13 and ds1. We thought about the 2 bedroom option but we have very different sleep habits and having seperate rooms might make the trip easier. We are all good friends but having 2 studios will ensure that we all stay good friends especially with all the kids.:) Will miss having the washer/dryer thats for sure!

unless you reservations are linked - your friends may be in a separate building than you.

only 62, 63, 64 have elevators - they are close to the main pool, HH, etc

I like building 55 and 18 - but I just love water views and these two have the best (so far) water views. building 11 did pretty good.

the balcony is the same size as the other studios. enough for 2 chairs and a little table (tiny). It is no where as big as the 1-bedroom at OKW.

I like studios.

don't get a first floor studio. these are either handicapped or next to the air condition units. Plus they can have shurbs, trees in the way of the view.

get a 2nd or 3rd floor room if you want a nice view.

the best views are for the 1 or 2 bedroom.

Hi, jiggerj! You're checking in to OKW the day we check out. The only studio where anyone's reported seeing Illuminations was from 6344. Some people in Building 18 also have reported it, so that's the building we're hoping for. But no one who's stayed in any of the studios in Building 18 has said that they could see Illuminations, only in 6344, which I think is one of the elevator buildings. Can anyone verify this?

yes building 63 is elevators.

some people have reported the fireworks (higher ones only) in building 23 - I seem to remember.

Simba's Mom said:
Hi, jiggerj! You're checking in to OKW the day we check out. The only studio where anyone's reported seeing Illuminations was from 6344. Some people in Building 18 also have reported it, so that's the building we're hoping for. But no one who's stayed in any of the studios in Building 18 has said that they could see Illuminations, only in 6344, which I think is one of the elevator buildings. Can anyone verify this?

Hi Simba's Mom!- I expect we will be checking in no later than noon, maybe we will pass each other at the HH! :) I will have my lime green mickey head on my backpack! :) :)

Ooohh! I'm getting excited! You guys are giving me just the information I was looking for! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter