Suggestions for Special Couple Only Trip

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
We are heading to WDW in mid-October. It is a celebration trip for my husband’s 60th birthday and the first trip to WDW we have taken with just the two of us. Are there any special events or tours I should pre-book to make this extra special? I have tickets to MK special Halloween party.

Thank you!

Make a 7:30pm dinner reservation at Capa at the Four Seasons and watch the fireworks from all of the parks from their 15th floor terrace. The food and wine are fantastic, too!

When it's just the 2 of us we enjoy the MK dessert party with seating on the terrace. It's true that you might not have a great view of the castle projections but to have a seat, at the rail, to enjoy the fireworks at a candle lit table with coffee and many delicious snacks is really enjoyable. Have done this once on our last trip 2 years ago and looking forward to it again next week!!

Depending on what you have time for and like to do but this would our suggestions of thing to look into:

F&W specials ---- food and wine pairing, wine and cheese seminar, Party of the Senses
Restaurants ---- V&A (I surprised my wife with The Chef's Table for her 40th birthday), Monsieur Paul, or another restaurant that you didn't go to because of having kids
Tours ---- Behind the Seeds, Backstage Tour (7-hour tour of everything Disney and we totally loved it), Gardens of the World, Savor the Savanna Tour
Other ---- Spend some time at a bar / lounge (we did Nomad Lounge prior to eating at Tiffins or hang out at one to listen to music)

Depending on what you have time for and like to do but this would our suggestions of thing to look into:

F&W specials ---- food and wine pairing, wine and cheese seminar, Party of the Senses
Restaurants ---- V&A (I surprised my wife with The Chef's Table for her 40th birthday), Monsieur Paul, or another restaurant that you didn't go to because of having kids
Tours ---- Behind the Seeds, Backstage Tour (7-hour tour of everything Disney and we totally loved it), Gardens of the World, Savor the Savanna Tour
Other ---- Spend some time at a bar / lounge (we did Nomad Lounge prior to eating at Tiffins or hang out at one to listen to music)
Thank you! When do they post seminars for F&W and how do you book them?

Thank you! When do they post seminars for F&W and how do you book them?
Typically, book them by calling reservation or on the website. They currently don't have the complete F&W schedule posted. Just keep checking the website for when Disney posts the complete schedule and then book immediately - I think it is around July.

My boyfriend and I love the Caring for Giants Tour in AK. I believe it is $30 a person and a fantastic behind the scenes view of the elephants. Definitely great for time away from the crowds.

Our first couples only trip occured when I turned 60. That was 6 years ago. We have always traveled to WDW with our children and then our grandchildren. This trip was our second of the year as our niece was getting married in Jacksonville so we made a week trip to WDW and a day trip to the wedding. Our third day there my wife remarked how this was turning out to be the best vacation at WDW we had ever experianced and couldn't figure out why. I told her-no children. Since then we have traveled down every year, just the two of us. Anyhow, getting back to your 60th Birthday celebration. We had reservations at Crystal Palace on my birthday. When we were seated I got up to use the facilities and my wife mentioned to the CM that today was my 60th B-Day and asked if there was anything special that could be done. While eating our dinner the parade was going on in the restaurant (if you have eaten there, you know what I mean). After the parade wound down there was an announcement, "Ladies and Gentlemen of all ages, please help us to celebrate a young mans 60th birthday with his own special parade with Winnie the Pooh and all his Friends. I was immediately surrounded by the whole gang who dragged me from my seat and off we went around the entire restaurant in my own parade. You talk about feeling like a kid again. Who is their 60's doesn't want that feeling? It was one of the greatest moments of my life. When I got back to the table with the Gang my wife was crying. She said she had never seen me so happy. Magic truly does exist at Disney.

We are 47 days away from our first couples trip to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. While we have done 4 trips with our boys and I have done 4 solo trips, this is our first as just the two of us. Our special extras are EMM at Toy Story Land, California Grill Brunch at the Top,
dinner at Victoria and Albert's, Keys to the Kingdom tour and Hoop dee Doo Revue. So looking forward to it!

We really enjoyed Lunch with an Imagineer at HS. It's an intimate group ( our last time we did this there were only 9 of us plus the Imagineer ), the food is good and the experience is amazing.

Wonderful tips! I'm going with my husband in November and it will be our first trip without children!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!