• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for DVC-like villas in Arizona for family with kids 10-12

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Looking to try something different for our spring break vacation. We are used to doing either Disney, as well as Hilton head.

When I say I'm looking for DVC-like villas in Arizona, I'm not sure referring to villas, but places that have a little bit of character, generally family friendly (i.e. not just a conference resort). We are looking to not only spend time at the resort, but also do some hiking, enjoy the outdoors, maybe a 1-2 day trip to the Grand Canyon. Areas could be in Scottsdale, or Sedona perhaps.

APpreciate suggestions.

AZ Grand Resort has villas. It has a water park (lazy river, wave pool and 3 good slides), plus smaller pools around the resort. It has a restaurant Rustlers Roost where you take a slide to the tables, magician wanders around, balloon guy, and each table gets cotton candy for dessert. Typical western food - you go for the experience - not the food. It is also close to where the Angels have Spring Training which is an AZ must in March

Fairmont Princess and Westin Kierland in Scottsdale both have good pools and recreation for kids. You would have to see what they do for Spring Break.

I sometimes have a hard time going away for spring break bc it is such a great time to be in Arizona. Have fun!

I would look into the Westin Kierland Resort (timeshare/villas side) for their floor plan and their lazy river.

You may save a bit renting from an owner if you're looking to stay a week or so.

I think that Sedona has more cool hikes though for your kids. You might also look into taking a full day excursion to northern part of AZ to see the slot canyons.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter