Suggestions for anniversary?

ellisin

Mouseketeer
We have reservations in March during our 30th wedding anniversary. Our 12 year old will be with us. We’re staying at animal kingdom lodge for the first time.

I’ve scheduled a fireworks cruise on our anniversary, and a Sense of Africa and Starlight Safari tours on other days of the trip.

What else would you want to do to make the trip special (and different from our regular park trips where husband and daughter go on Rockin Rollercoaster as much as they can stand it).

Have you scheduled any special meals? California Grill at fireworks time, etc?
Not yet. I didn’t know about California grill. That sounds very nice and we will try to get a reservation.

I’m looking for things we haven’t tried, so that’s a great suggestion.

Your daughter is old enough to maybe try try a behind the scenes park tour. There are many to choose from; so, you may even do more than one.

Also, we love doing the Imagineer Lunch which is offered at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios at the Brown Derby.

Definitely go to California Grill! Try to get an adr around fireworks time. If you can’t keep your receipt and you can go back up & watch from the balcony! We loved it!

Have it noted on your reservation and get Anniversary buttons. You may get some extra pixie dust here and there. ( Things like Happy Anniversary and maayyyybeee a dessert or something small like that - it's not a guarantee what every little bit of magic makes the trip special )

We enjoyed our meal at Grand Floridian Cafe for our honeymoon. The victorian theme was romantic ( to use at least ) and the food and service were outstanding.

We called ahead and ordered a special cake to be delivered at the restaurant where we celebrated our anniversary. And since we'd eloped and hadn't had a wedding cake, it was truely special.

For our anniversary trip, we did Victoria & Albert's with spa treatments in the morning and afternoon. We also did dinners at Monsieur Paul, Tiffins with drinks prior at Nomad's Lounge, Narcoossee's but never California Grill. I had ordered in-room rose pedals and basket of chocolate/champagne for the night of our anniversary and surprises my wife by doing so.

If you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner, I don't think you will find it at California Grill. We love the fireworks from there but not the atmosphere or food (which in our opinion is just good but not great). On our trip, we still got to see the fireworks from California Grill without dining there. We went to California Grill for pre-dinner drinks, saved our receipt, went to dinner at Citricos, and then returned to California Grill (getting up to the top by showing our same-day receipt from having drinks) and enjoyed the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter