Suggestions for after-wedding lunch

DaisyLover22

Earning My Ears
My bf (long story..we are planning our wedding but he is officially popping the question this fall sometime) are just returning home from a weekend Disney trip. We have known for some time now that we want to have a Disney wedding next June. We took the opportunity yesterday to go check out all of the possible venues and I believe we have settled on the gazebo at the Yacht Club. We will likely be doing the Escape package because we live about 13 hours away and aren't sure how many family or friends would actually be able to make it.

This is where we keep hitting a snag. We want to invite other family/friends to come celebrate with us that may not be able to attend the ceremony with the 18 person limit, but could enjoy lunch or dinner with us afterwards, as a group. We are leaning toward having a morning ceremony so would likely be having lunch. Is it possible to book lunch for a party of likely 25-30 people at a restaurant on property (even Disney Springs)? And would that be our best bet?

Also, I know that we will need to book at 10 months out. Right now we are looking at a Thursday next June. So we have a couple of months before we can book. Is there someone available to answer questions for us even if we can't actually book yet? And would they be willing or able to give information if we aren't booking an actual reception through Disney as well? (I think the cost is just too high for that and we probably won't have any idea how many are actually attending until shortly before the wedding)

This is where we keep hitting a snag. We want to invite other family/friends to come celebrate with us that may not be able to attend the ceremony with the 18 person limit, but could enjoy lunch or dinner with us afterwards, as a group. We are leaning toward having a morning ceremony so would likely be having lunch. Is it possible to book lunch for a party of likely 25-30 people at a restaurant on property (even Disney Springs)? And would that be our best bet?

Welcome! Yes! You can book large-party reservations at any restaurant on property. Each of them has its own party-size limit, so you would just make multiple reservations that add up to your total. They will warn you that they can't guarantee you'll all sit together unless you reserve the first time slot of the day, but it usually works out. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit past your reservation time for them to get the tables together. For a Yacht Club Gazebo wedding, you might check out the lunchtime restaurants at Yacht & Beach Club or the Swan & Dolphin. Ale & Compass has a separate room that you may be able to request. The Wave also has a separate room and low food and beverage minimums. But Disney Springs has many more options for restaurants that are open at lunch than the Disney resorts do.

Also, I know that we will need to book at 10 months out. Right now we are looking at a Thursday next June. So we have a couple of months before we can book. Is there someone available to answer questions for us even if we can't actually book yet?

Not at Disney. Until you are assigned a sales consultant, you have to speak to the people who just answer phones, and they are notorious for giving misinformation. However, you can ask here or in the Facebook brides groups. I also have tons of information on Escape weddings in my guide and in this episode of my podcast: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/escape-collection-overview-faq-2019/

And would they be willing or able to give information if we aren't booking an actual reception through Disney as well? (I think the cost is just too high for that and we probably won't have any idea how many are actually attending until shortly before the wedding)

Your Escape planner might have restaurant suggestions for you, but they won't make reservations for you. They can help you plan a private catered event. Depending on what you're looking for, it could work out to be the same or less than an event in a private room at a restaurant, but it won't be cheaper than just making a regular dining reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!