Suggestions for a baseball trip?

OswaldRabbit

Earning My Ears
I am planning a solo trip in March to catch a spring training game at WWoS. Other than the game, I’d like to add some other baseball-themed activities to my plan. Any suggestions?

So far I have:

Stay at All-Star Sports
Eat at Casey’s Corner
Eat at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk
Watch Disney baseball movies: Angels in the Outfield, The Rookie, Casey at the Bat

Assuming the Boardwalk still has midway carnival games, last time I was there, they had a baseball themed one.

Might want to try catching a game in Lakeland, it's about 30-40 min from Disney west on I-4. The Tigers play there.

You may be all over this, but just in case- the practice fields are open to guests back behind the main stadium at Wide World of Sports, and it's a lot of fun to wander around back there in the morning before the game (if you're really into baseball- if you're just a casual fan, it would probably be boring). Just follow along outside the stadium past the first base side turn left around the back/outfield side. You'll reach four fields that look almost like a youth baseball complex, and what's where all the morning workouts take place for major and minor league Braves players.

I'll be going to a baseball game or two myself down there in a couple weeks. I'll echo that if you have transportation, its nice to also catch a Tigers game in Lakeland. If you don't mind venturing a little further, the Phillies are in Clearwater, Yankees in Tampa, Blue Jays in Dunedin. Those are within 90 minutes and there's even more if you want to venture out just a little more.

Also keep in mind this is the last year for games at WWoS, unless they're able to draw in another team...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!