suggestions for 1st timer and CP

lisareneeo

DIS Veteran
I read that the CP times will be 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15. Does anyone know how long the show lasts? This will be our first time and we would like some suggestions on what time to eat (before or after the show) and what time to do the show. We have two children 4 and 6.

thanks in advance.

the performance is just about 1 hour. we prefer eating early and going to the last show; however, we do not have children w/us and that might be too late for your little ones. i think however you all eat at home would be the best guide. plus, seeing the performance after dark just adds to the wonder of it.:p

Last year we ate first and then did the late show, this year I am doing the opposite. We were there Christmas Eve so I am sure that did not help but we found the restaurants very crowded and had a very long wait for our table, well past our PS time so then we enjoyed our dinner but we felt rushed because we knew we had to get in line for the show. This year I want to see the show first and then be able to relax over dinner.

If you choose to eat before the show, you have to make your PS for at least 2 hours before the show. Even that could make you cut it close if you went somewhere that takes a while to eat and if there was a long wait for tables. We waited about 30 minutes for our CP package last Thanksgiving, and I know that other people waited much longer. We went the first day it was showing, though, and I think there were some problems because the restaurants just weren't used to being booked. They took too many walk-ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter