Sugar Loaf No availability??? 7&8/2018

thaggie1

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to book Sugar Loaf at the GF for the last week of July early August. For the last 2 months there has been no availability. What is going on??

I have been trying to book Sugar Loaf at the GF for the last week of July early August. For the last 2 months there has been no availability. What is going on??

It's a popular time of the year to visit WDW. Have you been looking online or calling? If online, I'd recommend calling as sometimes (a lot of times) their online system is wacky.

Online. I have been checking the last 2 months. I'm an AP holder and I find it hard to believe the entire building is booked 8-10 months in advance.

Online. I have been checking the last 2 months. I'm an AP holder and I find it hard to believe the entire building is booked 8-10 months in advance.

With 1500 less rooms in the inventory compared to last year, I find it easy to believe.

I get that but still find it hard to believe that an entire building of club level rooms have been snatched up at $700 plus a night 8-10 months in advance and standard GF rooms are still available.

There are only about 90 of those rooms. It's very possible a group has blocked them out for a wedding or other event.

I also checked the 10 days after. Still nothing! That is almost 3 weeks using varying arrival and departure dates and nothing. I emailed my travel agent and will call Disney tomorrow.

I also checked the 10 days after. Still nothing! That is almost 3 weeks using varying arrival and departure dates and nothing. I emailed my travel agent and will call Disney tomorrow.

That leads me to believe that the extremely high occupancy rate they've been running at the last 18 months is going to continue.

Secretly, I wouldn't mind if this was some planned blocking of rooms for work/upgrades. I'll be honest, my room in April wasn't in the best shape. Not terrible, but on the back half of its prime, for sure. Maybe I just had a bad room on this particular trip.

If it were me, I’d call Disney Reservations, and ask about it. Couldn’t hurt.

Have you also tried different lengths of stay? Sometimes more availability has popped up if I reduce the number of nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter