• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Successful DisneyLAND character audition...now what??

MainstreetMinnie

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I recently attended an audition for Disneyland character lookalikes and made it all the way to the end. They took down my contact information and said they'd call me when a position became available.

Does anyone know how long I should expect to wait, or what my chances are of being called at all? Do they hire extra character performers for extended seasonal hours at Christmas and summer time? Or do I just sit around and wait for a current Character Performer to quit/ be fired/ contract expire (if they even are on contracts)? Are there likely many other girls a head of me waiting to be called?

This is driving me crazy because I have no idea if the call could take days, weeks, months, or never happen at all. Any input from other people who auditioned or current/ past CM would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've read up a bit about WDW and College Program auditions, but couldn't find anything on Disneyland. I know that the two parks operate a little differently from each other, so hopefully someone can give me some insight on Disneyland's process!

I recently attended an audition for Disneyland character lookalikes and made it all the way to the end. They had me read for one character, invited me to a callback, and took down my contact information and said they'd call me when a position became available. They didn't say anything about how long that might be, or about a "character pool" like I know WDW has. So am I already in a "pool"/ waiting list of sorts? I know someone who works at WDW that said they waited a bit for an email saying they had been identified as their character and put in the pool, and then had to wait for second email saying they'd been offered the position, which sounds a little different from what the casting directors told me. They did verbally ask me if I'd be interested in both Disneyland and WDW, and I filled out a form where I checked all the boxes for all the parks I'd be interested in working at (CA, FL, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris, Cruise Line, Tokyo).

Does anyone know how long I should expect to wait, or what my chances are of being called at all? Do they hire extra character performers for extended seasonal hours at Christmas and summer time? Or do I just sit around and wait for a current Character Performer to quit/ be fired/ contract expire (if they even are on contracts)? Are there likely many other girls a head of me waiting to be called?

This is driving me CRAZY because I have no idea if the call could take days, weeks, months, or never happen at all. Any input from other people who auditioned or current/ past CM would be greatly appreciated!

I believe Disney hiring procedures and other cast member discussions are handled on the cast member board.

The cast member board is for those who are already cast members. I'm going to move this over to our community board, though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter