Success Rate in Getting Connecting Rooms for Immediate Family

Did you book and receive 2 connecting rooms for your stay when you had only 2 adults and 3+children?

• Yes we received connecting rooms and were very happy.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No we did not receive connecting rooms as requested and were very disappointed.

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Reminds me incorrect info someone posted about an airline guaranteeing that even if you didn’t purchase seat assignment they wouldn’t separate parents/kids. Same thing not anywhere on website and totally contradicted what the website said.

Yep. I ended up with free drinks and a flight voucher because I was willing to move so a whiny mom who refused to book so she could select seats was separated from her teenage kid could sit together. The voucher was not even something that was initially offered - the agent gave it to me because I was so willing.

D97F6C8C-F2C1-4B81-9231-DD4D8F1037B7.jpeg
What is not at all true? It might be not at all true that connecting rooms are guaranteed, but it's quite definitely true that Dreams says they can guarantee them in that one circumstance.

Did you check the video I posted? The key people at Dreams are right there discussing it.

I messaged them on Facebook- this is what they stated. I attached the picture chat. They state they can request guaranteed connecting rooms BUT DISNEY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THEM. It appears they misuse the word “guarantee “ when putting in a request.

Last edited:

Of course they can. They just don't want to.

Exactly. If a family is invested in all being in the same space, and absolutely needs to have the adults in their own room so they do not need to divide and conquer, that family needs to book a suite or two bdrm. Period. Whenever you )in general you) have a vacation deal breaker, you really need to book that category. Sets on your plane must be together? Book that category. You absolutely need to be Oceanfront? (My DH personal deal breaker) Book Oceanfront. You cannot manage a week without sleeping in the same bed as hubby but need the connecting door for the kids? Book the accomodation that gives you that peace of mind.

When a want becomes a need, you need to be willing to pay for it.

What is not at all true? It might be not at all true that connecting rooms are guaranteed, but it's quite definitely true that Dreams says they can guarantee them in that one circumstance.

Did you check the video I posted? The key people at Dreams are right there discussing it.

Dreams does not assign the rooms, Disney does. Disney does not have "connecting rooms" as a bookable category. Disney themselves have no way of knowing how many/if any connecting rooms will be available when guests arrive. Disney's own web site states connecting rooms are a request only and not guaranteed.

If you read all of the fine print nothing about your Disney vacation is guaranteed. Everything is subject to change and availability. Multiple times I have been placed in a different category of room than the one I had booked. If Disney can't guarantee a paid for room type why would you think they could a room type that isn't even available to book?

I have only requested connecting rooms once in our many stays. It was to connect with my brother and his kids so not a necessity but a convenience. We received the connecting rooms. This was at Pop.

After reading these boards for many years and seeing these types of threads pop up it makes me crazy when we are given a connecting room without needing one. It’s happened about 4/5 times and I always think “surly someone else must need this room”.
I am guessing but this would make sense when given a connecting room when not requested someone was already in the one and Disney would rather have it used than sitting empty

@WebmasterJohn Is there a chance you could jump in here? The Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast that you hosted and that I linked to earlier has a segment where you and Traci clearly state that families with more kids than adults can get guaranteed connecting rooms. However, the Dreams site, Facebook page, etc. seem to say the opposite, as has been discussed here. I'm curious as to why the discrepancy.

View attachment 381333

I messaged them on Facebook- this is what they stated. I attached the picture chat. They state they can request guaranteed connecting rooms BUT DISNEY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THEM. It appears they misuse the word “guarantee “ when putting in a request.

That doesn't even make any sense (not you - DU). You don't "request" something that is guaranteed

That doesn't even make any sense (not you - DU). You don't "request" something that is guaranteed
I agree
That is why the second question—-
Since they don’t know the difference between requesting and guarantee they obviously can’t “guarantee “ as one poster suggested they said in video

@WebmasterJohn Is there a chance you could jump in here? The Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast that you hosted and that I linked to earlier has a segment where you and Traci clearly state that families with more kids than adults can get guaranteed connecting rooms. However, the Dreams site, Facebook page, etc. seem to say the opposite, as has been discussed here. I'm curious as to why the discrepancy.

Went and watched that, and she is wrong. Or she is guaranteeing them as much as she can, and it probably works out 98% of the time. But I have said for many years it is wrong, wrong, wrong, of anyone to claim they can guarantee connecting rooms. Guarantee sounds as if they have a foolproof way of getting you connecting rooms 100% of the time. And as many posters here know for personal experience, that just isn't true. And anyone claiming they can guarantee connecting rooms should be ashamed of themselves.

May 2018, 2 rooms at Pop with convention rates. With Grandma, mom, dad and 4 kids, we received connecting rooms. I sent a fax via Touring Plans with the request 5 days before check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter