Substituting People on a Cruise

lunaland

Mouseketeer
My friend and I are sailing on the Dream on February 5th. We will also be at WDW starting February 1st. Unfortunately yesterday she had a family emergency and had to leave the state. I am hopeful that everything will be resolved and we will be able to vacation as planned, however I'm concerned about my options if they aren't. I paid for the trip, and do have insurance. I'm not interested in cancelling. Can I substitute someone else this close to the sailing? What about as we get closer? Or can I just go alone? I would assume I would need to tell DCL that, though. I am aware of the change fees on our flights, but what about WDW? I know the tickets can be reassigned and can't see that changing a guest name would be that difficult for the hotel. I don't mean to sound heartless, this is a very serious situation for her family and it' difficult to watch them suffer. But I feel like I have to be practical, too. Any feedback would be much appreciated! I don't want to contact DCL yet until I have a better idea of what may be happening.

You can substitute someone else's name, as long as you were the main reservation name and she wasn't, but you may have to pay a fee in order to do it this close to the cruise.

You can also remove her from the reservation and go alone, but you will be charged the single supplement, which means you won't get much, if anything, back.

Yes, you will have to tell DCL because a cruise is not the same as a hotel reservation. You don't have to tell them what is occurring now, just call them and get the low down on what needs to be done to substitute the second passenger's name.

You shouldn't have issues with WDW. You are correct, you can reassign unused tickets. If you have a package reservation with a dining plan, though, you'll need to remove her, substitute someone else, or have two dining plans on your reservation.

Thank you both! I suppose I will contact DCL, I just don't want to change anything until I know more. It doesn't look like anyone else can get the time off this close to the trip so I'm probably looking at going alone if she can't come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter