Studios in VWL - good or bad choices?

tp_magill

Mouseketeer
I hope to rent points (in another thread) and stay in VWL, and I'm looking for opinions about the studios.

Anyone here have an opinion about a good or bad room choice? I know I may not get to choose, but I can at least ASK!

Near the elevator is all I can say....We stayed in a studio a couple of years ago and we were the last room at the end of the hallway. We would sprint back to our room to see who got to the bathroom first. We learned tohave 1 of us use the bathroom by the pool on our way back to the room.

Enjoy your stay. This is my husbands and sons favorite spot - becuase of the deco..

For me, the best rooms are the ones facing the DVC walkway. Those are also the rooms close to the elevators. You can sit out on the 'tiny' :rolleyes1 balcony and enjoy the people going by, JMHO.

I stayed at VWL in October in Studio, had a lovely second floor room overlooking the pool (if you looked through the trees). VWL is one of my favorites because of decor and it is so relaxing

The only studio I wouldn't want would be 4533. It's a lockoff studio on the 4th floor with NO balcony. It's fine if you use it as a two bedroom lockoff as you have a balcony in the living room of the one bedroom side. But yuck as just a studio - no thanks!

littlestar said:
The only studio I wouldn't want would be 4533. It's a lockoff studio on the 4th floor with NO balcony. It's fine if you use it as a two bedroom lockoff as you have a balcony in the living room of the one bedroom side. But yuck as just a studio - no thanks!

Good to know!

Why doesn't it have a balcony? Guess I'll have to dig up the room map!

tamu91 said:
For me, the best rooms are the ones facing the DVC walkway. Those are also the rooms close to the elevators. You can sit out on the 'tiny' :rolleyes1 balcony and enjoy the people going by, JMHO.

Not sure what you mean by "DVC walkway." Can you clarify that for me?

tp_magill said:
Not sure what you mean by "DVC walkway." Can you clarify that for me?
The DVC walkway is a covered walkway from the WL to the VWL. They are two separate buildings. I stayed in studio 1516 in Oct. First floor, just off the lobby to the left. The patio was about ten feet from the walkway. It was convenient, but not very private with the drapes open. I could walk out of the room and to the bus stop in about a minute.

Pardon my goof. :o

Some fine folks PM'ed my about this thread - and I flubbed up and deleted their messages.

If you PM'ed me and I haven't replied, please feel free to send again!

We stayed in 1514 which is probably next to 1516 that kleonard stayed in. I liked it because it was a 'dedicate' studio. IE: it was not connected to another room by a door way. It had a little extra space. If you do get a first floor room, peep out of the drapes before you open them wide. One morning I opened the drapes, and there were the gardners trimming the bushes!!
You have been warned!!

berly1657 said:
Near the elevator is all I can say....We stayed in a studio a couple of years ago and we were the last room at the end of the hallway. We would sprint back to our room to see who got to the bathroom first. We learned tohave 1 of us use the bathroom by the pool on our way back to the room.

Enjoy your stay. This is my husbands and sons favorite spot - becuase of the deco..
We stayed in one of these for our first night last May. All the way at the end of a loooooooong hallway. Thankfully, we checked in to SSR for the rest of our stay the next morning....

lsutigger2 said:
We stayed in 1514 which is probably next to 1516 that kleonard stayed in. I liked it because it was a 'dedicate' studio. IE: it was not connected to another room by a door way. It had a little extra space. If you do get a first floor room, peep out of the drapes before you open them wide. One morning I opened the drapes, and there were the gardners trimming the bushes!!
You have been warned!!

LOL

Never hurts to think about it!

Thanks for the input.

berly1657 said:

Well, when we stayed in WL we were at the far end of the north wing (closest to MK) on the 5th floor. Looking at the map, I'd say we were even further away from the parking lot or bus station than you were, so I'll probably be OK.

Thanks, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter