Studio Villa

cortney36

Earning My Ears
I am going to rent DVC point for OKW. It will be Me, My Husband and Brother. I'm just wondering if the Studio Villa would be enough room, or is it worth it to upgrade to the one bedroom?

My Husband and I stayed at SSR for our Honeymoon last year and loved it. I've heard that OKW studios were bigger.

Has anyone stayed at both SSR and OKW with multiple people, if so, which do you prefer?

Maybe important to note that I don't plan on cooking our meals, but I do plan on getting snack food.

Any helpful tips are welcomed!

Last edited:
I'm a DVC owner and have stayed in studio villas and other various DVC rooms at most of the resorts. OKW has one of the largest rooms and the studio villas usually have two queen beds so yes it will be enough for your party and in your case I would prefer OKW over SSR. Now, I know that OKW has been under a remodel and they plan to finish sometime in 2019. I know they've made various changes to the furnishings, flooring etc., but I hope they haven't removed the second bed from the studio villas. The benefit of having a one bedroom is the full kitchen, the second bathroom and laundry room.

Personally I think it depends on how friendly you all are and is it worth the extra points to upgrade. If you are all tight and don’t mind shared spaces it’ll be fine. However it would be much better in a one bedroom, those rooms are HUGE. However they are almost double points so I think you have to decide if it’s worth it to you based on how many points you have / want to spend.

if you're all good with staying in the same room, OKW will be one of the best bets for a studio, as it's larger and has two actual beds.

Studios have a kitchenette with a microwave, toaster and coffee maker but no actual cooking facilities, so snacks would be fine.

Just got back from OKW stayed solo in a studio. This is the only studio that has two beds other than the pull out couch. Looks like a small hotel room. If you’re spending very little time in the room, go for it! Weird floor plan, You must walk through the kitchenette to get to the bathroom. SSR studios floor plans are nicer but someone is stuck sleeping on the sofa bed. Either room is small and beds are right next to each other. If a sofa bed is ok, go for the one bedroom to give some more privacy and room. I know you’ll be snacking but full kitchen means making breakfast and having room to enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts