Studio at blt

We bought BLT in early 2010. We are a family of four -- two boys ages 7 & 8. While we prefer to stay in a 1-bedroom, a studio works as well. My kids have found both very comfortable and no complaints. We've even had adults sleep on the pullouts and everyone has said they are fine. You get a washer and dryer in the 1-bedroom, but not the studio. I'm wacky in that I do wash towels every couple of days, as well as sweaty laundry (we frequent in the summer due to schedules). Plus we eat a lot of meals in. So for us, the washer/dryer and full kitchen are a big plus.

While we prefer the 1-bedroom, the studio is fine for a family of four. It is a much tighter squeeze compared to the one bedroom, BUT I would compare it to an upgraded hotel room with a small kitchenette. There is definitely enough room to stay there. However, we enjoy lounging more and there is not a stove/oven or a washer/dryer. So for short visits we may choose the studio, but for longer, we prefer the 1-bedroom.

As everyone has said, don't expect hotel-type service if you join DVC. While everyone should expect a clean and well-maintained room when they arrive, you are more or less responsible for the trash and laundry while there. Service is at 4 and 7 days. The exception is if you pay cash for the room (thus not traveling on DVC points). We paid cash for 7 nights at Vero Beach before we joined and had impeccable cleaning every day we were there. But we went back the following year as members and it was cleaned only once... on day 4 and that was a refreshing of towels, etc...

So, my thoughts are to think about how you like to vacation and what you can afford. We personally like the kitchen and washer/dryer in unit... which meant we would mainly be staying in a 1-bedroom (at minimum). We've gone numerous times since we've joined and loved it every time. You just have to know what to expect. Hope this helps!

Thank you all for the explanations. I am going to purchase 200 pts minimum to try and stretch them for 2 visits per year. I just want to make sure that I am not getting less sleeping accommodations than if I were in the regular hotel room. If two kids fit good in the sleeper sofa and most people seem to say the sleeper sofa is pretty good I can go with that.

The pull out sofa beds at BLT are actually quite nice...we were very impressed...however not so much at the other DVC resorts particularly Saratoga Springs...the pull out sofa beds at BLT are actually memory foam mattresses...we have a one year old and the studio room was perfect for us!

That's the same mattress on the OKW and SSR sleeper sofa and I thought they were awful.

from the member website:

Quote:
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

towels and toiletries are also replaced as part of the trash&towel service (or full cleaning depending on the length of your stay) every 4th day.

as noted by the other poster, 1BRs and up do have a w/d in the villa if that is preferable.

or......... if you bump into housekeeping with their big cart of supplies..... they've been known to give out a few freebies when you ask nicely from time to time:)

or......... if you bump into housekeeping with their big cart of supplies..... they've been known to give out a few freebies when you ask nicely from time to time:)

But they aren't free because they cost the membership. Including you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter