Studio at blt

monte4623

Earning My Ears
Thinking of purchasing
The studios at blt seem to not have a washer/dryer on floor layout. I actually visited the room last time i was there but can't recall. Is there a laundry room on site?
Also to get new towels for shower each day is there an exchange or you are responsible to clean the towels? Doesn't seem fun to have to go to a separate laundry room every day to do towels. If in room not so bad. Could do while kids sleep

Studios do not have washer/dryer. BLT's laundry room is on the first floor near community hall by exterior door to the pool. If you want a w/d in the room, you need to book a one bedroom.

We don't use new towels everyday. At home, we use our bath towels for four or so days. We do the same on vacation. you can buy a new towel package. I think it is $6.

Also to get new towels for shower each day is there an exchange or you are responsible to clean the towels?

DVC is a "home-away-from-home" type of deal. if you want clean towels provided every day, you are probably more of a hotel type vacationer.

if you book BLT directly through disney, you will get housekeeping every day with clean towels provided - as in a hotel stay. however, on points stays, the costs fall to the DVC owners...so we choose to be more responsible for our stay in exchange for lower annual dues.

but as the other poster stated, none of the DVC studios has a washer/dryer setup in the room.

What is a new towel package?
Also I have vacationed in condos and rented private houses for stays at Disney. I clean my towels myself and have no problem doing so. It's a hassle to leave the room and go do it. If at night you throw them in in your own place it's a lot more convenient

The studio isn't like a condo... It is a hotel room with an extra sink, microwave, and toaster. It has a couch instead of a second bed.

From all ears.net-
"You may also choose to pay for daily housekeeping or have additional towels etc. Check with the front desk for information and pricing. 2010 Pricing: Housekeeping Studio Full Cleaning $30; Trash and Towell $15; Laundry Soap $1; Soap and Shampoo Package $5; Extra Towel Package $6 per bathroom; Coffee Package $3."

What is a new towel package?

from the member website:

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

towels and toiletries are also replaced as part of the trash&towel service (or full cleaning depending on the length of your stay) every 4th day.

as noted by the other poster, 1BRs and up do have a w/d in the villa if that is preferable.

Thanks for the responses
I could live with that. I would do the 6 dollar extra towels every two days.
Every 4th day would be free full service?

Every 4th day would be free full service?

here is more info from the member site:

Housekeeping Services
Trash & Towel Service

For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Additional Full - Cleaning Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change

Thinking of purchasing
The studios at blt seem to not have a washer/dryer on floor layout. I actually visited the room last time i was there but can't recall. Is there a laundry room on site?
Also to get new towels for shower each day is there an exchange or you are responsible to clean the towels? Doesn't seem fun to have to go to a separate laundry room every day to do towels. If in room not so bad. Could do while kids sleep

If you buy into DVC, forget about all those daily housekeeping visits. Forget about any freebies you got when you arrived or with your purchase. You are looking into a timeshare and the members pay for everything they get.

If you stay 7 nights or fewer, on day four, you get your towels replaced and your trash removed. If you stay 8 nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight.

One more note about about the studios at BLT. They are the smallest of all the studios and would be very crowded for any more than a couple and maybe one infant. When the sleeper sofa is opened up, there is almost no space between the bed and the sleeper sofa and between the sleeper sofa and the window. So you have to climb into the sleeper sofa from the foot of the bed. There is very little room to set up a pack and play and still move around the studio.

So right now we have one child 4 yo. If we have one more child you need the 1 bedroom?
I was thinking the studio was like a 2 bed hotel room. Guess wrong to think this. You r saying us and the 4 yo too tight

So right now we have one child 4 yo. If we have one more child you need the 1 bedroom?
I was thinking the studio was like a 2 bed hotel room. Guess wrong to think this. You r saying us and the 4 yo too tight
I've not stayed in a BLT studio yet, but there are people who have stayed in one with 2 children and felt it was just fine. There have been people who have asked where to set up a pack and play, and apparently people have in an area by the door. You won't have the washer/dryer, you will have a queen bed and double sized sleeper sofa, and a kitchenette that many say is well designed with storage space.

Good luck to you as you make your decision.

I have stayed in the BLT studio and while it was tight, it was doable so if you are a family of 3--2 adults and one child, I think you will be fine but you will have a queen bed and double pull out sofa, not two beds.

How are the sleeper sofas?
Seems strange to me that the 1 bedrooms don't even have two queen beds.
Is this how all the dvc resorts are? I would think with mostly families going there would be two beds in most rooms.

Is this how all the dvc resorts are? I would think with mostly families going there would be two beds in most rooms.

It is my understanding that all the resort club except Old Key West have one queen bed and a sleeper in the studios. Old Key West has two queen beds. If I need two bed and only have points for a studio I stay at OKW. Rooms are larger in size also, and I really like OKW it seem very quiet.

All of the one bedroom villas have a king sized bed in the bedroom and a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. Some of them also have a twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. Not one has two queen beds in the master bedroom. It isn't called the master bedroom so all the family can sleep in there together. ;)

It's just that my experience on sofa beds is not pleasant so I dont necessarily want to put my kids on an uncomfortable sofa while I sleep pleasantly on a king bed. I understand they want to give a living room area but I am realizing that comes at a cost of sleeping arrangements.
Are these sleeper sofas any better than the ones I recall from years ago?

It's just that my experience on sofa beds is not pleasant so I dont necessarily want to put my kids on an uncomfortable sofa while I sleep pleasantly on a king bed. I understand they want to give a living room area but I am realizing that comes at a cost of sleeping arrangements.
Are these sleeper sofas any better than the ones I recall from years ago?

We don't care much for the platform style sleeper sofas like at SSR and OKW. The ones at BWV and BCV flip from the back and have more of a regular mattress, but without the bar underneath. The cushions don't detach for this style and help support the foot of the bed. However, none of them are much good for sitting. Too hard and scratchy.

I found the older ones with the bar to sag, but more comfortable than the platform style.

That said, my son always get stuck on the sleeper sofa while Bill & I enjoy the comfort of the king sized bed.

The pull out sofa beds at BLT are actually quite nice...we were very impressed...however not so much at the other DVC resorts particularly Saratoga Springs...the pull out sofa beds at BLT are actually memory foam mattresses...we have a one year old and the studio room was perfect for us!

We stayed in a one bedroom at BLT in february. Our two boys then 16 & 11 shared the pullout. They said it was very comfortable. All four of us have stayed in a studio at ssr and was comfortable. While I prefer to have the one bedroom for the washer/dryer. We have been comfortable in most rooms to save on points and have another trip.

We are a family of four: dh 6'1, me 5'8, twin girls (almost 10) nearly 5'0 each. We've stayed in studios at BLT, BCV, BWV, AKV Jambo (including value), and OKW. We fit fine. DH and I sleep in the queen (all studios have a queen and a pull out couch.) Our princesses sleep on the pull out. I try to stretch our points, (summer trip 7 + days and winter get away 4 days) and a one bedroom would eat double the points.

(I say princesses because one has complained about her sleeping arrangements...which irks me that I have spoiled her so much that she thinks this complaint has validity.)

We don't hang out in our room, so space isn't really an issue for us.

OP - Based on what you've said, I'd say that DVC might not be a good fit for you. You initially asked about a studio, but if you want a king and your children to have a bed, not pull out, you need a two bedroom. (This would give you a w/d in the unit.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter