Struggling

This is why we need the context of the expenses and what was booked. Cannot determine any hard numbers from the post so I don't want to discount or endorse what they're saying at this point.

Considerably? I've only done Disney and Carnival in the past, and now booked on Symphony in a couple weeks, but after all the expenses added in at this point, it's not that much cheaper than Disney. Certainly not considerably. But I don't know if that's because it's Symphony or not. No other reference.

Are you comparing apples to apples? Symphony is only a year old. DCL's newest ship is 7 years old.

When I sailed on Allure last year 2 Boardwalk Balconies cost me about $4500. Two oceanview cabins on DCL that week was about $8500 and two balconies were $9500.

Nov. in 2020, Eastern Caribbean, 7 night, 2 Adults

Dream, 1 bedroom Concierge $14,000+

Harmony, Crown Loft $10,700+ with special price $8,100+

NOTE, we have sailed both and feel that the Crown Loft is superior to a 1 bedroom.

Last edited:
What is the exact equivalent to a 1B w/ concierge on Harmony? I don't think it's a Junior Suite, correct?

Owner's Suite one bedroom, maybe?

Owner's has designated dining area but Crown Loft has 2 bathrooms making CL the winner. PLUS, SKY Perks better than Conciergre, IMO. Enjoyed Coastal Kitchen and Lounge above Concierge Lounge.

Owner's has designated dining area but Crown Loft has 2 bathrooms making CL the winner. PLUS, SKY Perks better than Conciergre, IMO. Enjoyed Coastal Kitchen and Lounge above Concierge Lounge.
Oh I know, that Crown Loft is better than a DCL one bedroom. I was just trying to figure out what would be the comparable suite.

Exactly. The price difference shown for a superior room is already significant. So we want to see what the difference is for an equivalent. And what add one might make the cost comparable to DCL's

Are you comparing apples to apples? Symphony is only a year old. DCL's newest ship is 7 years old.

When I sailed on Allure last year 2 Boardwalk Balconies cost me about $4500. Two oceanview cabins on DCL that week was about $8500 and two balconies were $9500.

That's what I don't know, I have no experience with Royal. So is that a fact that the price varies depending on ship? On DCL it doesn't seem to matter. Wonder and Magic cruises are pretty pricey for older ships.

Oh I know, that Crown Loft is better than a DCL one bedroom. I was just trying to figure out what would be the comparable suite.

Owner's Suite is similar in design, that I understand, but Crown Loft is priced less and just plain awesome!!! :jumping1:

Exactly. The price difference shown for a superior room is already significant. So we want to see what the difference is for an equivalent. And what add one might make the cost comparable to DCL's
Yes. If a Crown Loft Suite is cheaper then I assume a comparable suite would be much cheaper. I'm trying to compare apples to apples.

That's what I don't know, I have no experience with Royal. So is that a fact that the price varies depending on ship? On DCL it doesn't seem to matter. Wonder and Magic cruises are pretty pricey for older ships.
With only four ships the lack of cost variance is not surprising. I'm sure that if we looked at Viking the story would be similar. But Royal and Carnival and Princess and others all have fairly large fleets so you'll see more variance, and I expect that you'll see similar variance once DCL gets their new ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter